Condo Management Fee

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Every month, the condo charges maintenance fee to as upkeep for the guards, taking care of the compound, ensure the lights are maintained etc - all managed by the JMC.

Recently, a businessman opened a restaurant downstairs at the condo (ground floor). And after few months, because business is not good and not many people buy his food or eat at his restaurant, he is seeking reimbursement from the JMC for the money he has invested in renovation and development.

So now, JMC is considering to pay the businessman a lump sum, where the money will be taken from the condo's sinking fund.

What you think? Is this a good idea? Is it fair to the people staying in the condo? Is it fair to the businessman?

EDIT: His food sucks by the way, for the same amount of money I can eat outside for a better meal. e.g. Nasi lemak Ayam no ikan bilis and kacang but charge same price as outside.

jerrysiow

Known Member
Jan 3, 2012
Seremban
Totally not fair to the residents in the condo who paying the maintenance fee and sinking funds every month. I'll raise out my voice if I'm the resident there.

Business failed = Request for reimbursement? What kind of logic is that? (Sini bukan la govn linked project or business, rugi govn punya and earn saya punya?)

Example: I rented out my shoplot for you to do business and you've renovated my shop like plastic ceiling, marble floor, etc. And you're not able to sustain and continue your business because of poor transaction. Now you plan to ask me to pay back you because you've renovated my shop? First, I never ask you to renovate my shop and second I didnt ask you to pay me for extra work like you leaving rubbish in my shoplot.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Got to find out what was the original contract?
But if there is none, then no need reimburse them, mah! Business fail is businessman responsibility. If he makes, will he share the profit?

Toyota Corona TT141

Known Member
May 18, 2014
For the JMC to even consider reimbursing the businessman in this scenario is totally and inappropriately outrageous, however if such a term was included in the tenancy agreement then it is legally binding on the contractual parties. No matter what, the thought of reimbursement sounds exceptionally dubious under normal circumstances and it must be investigated in greater depth to really understand why was such a clause included in the tenancy agreement in the 1st place!

Last edited:

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
Bad business happened, and wanted a reimbursement? Cronies ka?

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Isn't there any sorts of contract? Isn't fair man.
Not that we know of.

Totally not fair to the residents in the condo who paying the maintenance fee and sinking funds every month. I'll raise out my voice if I'm the resident there.

Business failed = Request for reimbursement? What kind of logic is that? (Sini bukan la govn linked project or business, rugi govn punya and earn saya punya?)

Example: I rented out my shoplot for you to do business and you've renovated my shop like plastic ceiling, marble floor, etc. And you're not able to sustain and continue your business because of poor transaction. Now you plan to ask me to pay back you because you've renovated my shop? First, I never ask you to renovate my shop and second I didnt ask you to pay me for extra work like you leaving rubbish in my shoplot.
fair enough.

Got to find out what was the original contract?
But if there is none, then no need reimburse them, mah! Business fail is businessman responsibility. If he makes, will he share the profit?
nobody knows. :hmmmm: apparently the businessman claims that his restaurant is opened to serve the condo residence and its for the benefit of the residents, since it is opened in the condo compound. considering the food is so awful, i doubt anybody from outside the condo would visit.

For the JMC to even consider reimbursing the businessman in this scenario is totally and inappropriately outrageous, however if such a term was included in the tenancy agreement then it is legally binding on the contractual parties. No matter what, the thought of reimbursement sounds exceptionally dubious under normal circumstances and it must be investigated in greater depth to really understand why was such a clause included in the tenancy agreement in the 1st place!
not sure. nobody was consulted over it. just that now want money from us the residents, it is made known.

Bad business happened, and wanted a reimbursement? Cronies ka?
:hmmmm:

Just ask the chairman. Why he agree on this reimbursement.
nobody agreed yet, the businessman is asking for it.

So anybody feel the businessman is right/reasonable?

fazidk

3,000 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
IMHO there is no such thing....meaning he aka d businessman has NO right to ask for reimbursement just bcoz his business is not doing well...it's absolutely UNETHICAL...n for d management to even consider reimbursement shows some hanky panky going on...

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Every month, the condo charges maintenance fee to as upkeep for the guards, taking care of the compound, ensure the lights are maintained etc - all managed by the JMC.

Recently, a businessman opened a restaurant downstairs at the condo (ground floor). And after few months, because business is not good and not many people buy his food or eat at his restaurant, he is seeking reimbursement from the JMC for the money he has invested in renovation and development.

So now, JMC is considering to pay the businessman a lump sum, where the money will be taken from the condo's sinking fund.

What you think? Is this a good idea? Is it fair to the people staying in the condo? Is it fair to the businessman?

EDIT: His food sucks by the way, for the same amount of money I can eat outside for a better meal. e.g. Nasi lemak Ayam no ikan bilis and kacang but charge same price as outside.
I don't think the management or JMC should pay him for his failed business. He started a business there at his own will and even if he was invited to start a business there, he started because he agreed or wanted to.

Now that his business has gone down the drain, there is no one to blame but himself.
What about people who started business outside who rent a shoplot?

If business fail, ask the landlord to pay them back for what is loss? Because he failed his business by using the shoplot he rented? Pay for all the paint work, furniture and bars that he renovated?

Is just doesn't make sense. Is stupid if JMC is going to accept his complain and reimburse him. To me is just not fair to residence there. Is still residence money.

The residence there should all stand up to protest. If not, maintenance, guards and those fees who cover?

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
nobody knows. :hmmmm: apparently the businessman claims that his restaurant is opened to serve the condo residence and its for the benefit of the residents, since it is opened in the condo compound. considering the food is so awful, i doubt anybody from outside the condo would visit.
No such thing as benefit the residents. I would understand the residents might even cook on their own rather then eat at the restaurant all the time.
My friend is running a laundrette at a Condo also. When he first took it up, he also told me hope it runs well if not he will loose quite a lot, therefore nothing to do with the management, as he just take up the shop with rental agreement only. So far he is surviving.....:biggrin:

Oh! my ex Japanese Boss who stays in a Condo on the way to Subang airport, have treated up for Japanese Lunch and Dinner before at his Condo. Seems outsiders can eat this Jap restaurant....

Last edited:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
No such thing as benefit the residents. I would understand the residents might even cook on their own rather then eat at the restaurant all the time.
My friend is running a laundrette at a Condo also. When he first took it up, he also told me hope it runs well if not he will loose quite a lot, therefore nothing to do with the management, as he just take up the shop with rental agreement only. So far he is surviving.....:biggrin:

Oh! my ex Japanese Boss who stays in a Condo on the way to Subang airport, have treated up for Japanese Lunch and Dinner before at his Condo. Seems outsiders can eat this Jap restaurant....
Ya man, no such thing as benefit the residents. I'm still paying for it. If he really so kind and honorable, don't charge the residents then is call benefiting the residence.

He starts up business also meant to gain profit.

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Not that we know of.

fair enough.

not sure. nobody was consulted over it. just that now want money from us the residents, it is made known.

:hmmmm:

nobody agreed yet, the businessman is asking for it.

So anybody feel the businessman is right/reasonable?
You seem so calm.
Time to unleash your sarcasm. :rofl:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
I hate staying in condos.
I love condos and house, pro and cons. House especially single storey like my parent's one. We are always worried about robbers coming from the roof. Yet housing area people those that never kena rob before are not gonna pay.

Really hope that these cheapskates will get rob instead of us who is paying...pay RM60 a month already make noise while they happily paying RM200+ for phone bills each month or data plan.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

anyone selling those start/stop button ala pivot start button ?
i remember someone taht carries such button around 40-50 bucks ... EL lighted .
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience