Completed Projects

shiroitenshi

3,000 RPM
Apr 18, 2006
Long time never visit, busy with work, and by sacrificing my 'layan forum' time, had completed a lot of things the past year.

Summary of notes I've learnt.

1) Standard B18Cs with IHE and tuned can net about 185 or so whp on stock form. with proper cam adjustments, can touch 190whp, but only with 9.2 K rev limit. Do not use aftermarketcams unless you have 11.5-12+ compression ratio.

Stock B18C injectors are not enough after IHE mods. Either run 4bar fuel rail pressure or get bigger injectors.

2) ITB on a B20B
Yes, it's tunable to run and idle like stock, but you need a weber DCOE vaccuum gauge to set the idle flow for each throttle port. If done right, it will start up and idle with a P30 unchipped ECU. 4 bar pressure at rail. (Do not drive the car since it's obvious the fuelling won't be enough) That's a tip so you guys can go start doing it. Note, since it idles at 1.2K, daily driving it = $$$ petrol money. Can set 800rpm idle, but hard to drive in stop go traffic, since 5-10% throttle opening = 30-50% throttle on single throttle setup. Not fun if there's a car in front. The 1.2K rpm is for you to use the clutch to move forward in traffic.

3) 87mm bore
Not workable, only for race engines. burns out gaskets like nobody's business. N/A Drag cars can do this though..

Pending projects

B16A - tuning it really aggressively and see how long it survives as a daily driver.

B18Cr strokers in B20B, edelbrok performer X, 370cc injectors. 9.2K rpm

1.65 r/s ratio B20B, targeting 9.5K-10K peak rpm.

K20A (wait halfcut cheaper first!)

Last edited:

koolvibration

Known Member
May 9, 2005
Garage
what is IHe....noob here....

---------- Post added at 01:15 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 01:04 AM ----------

sifu...i always wanted an itb setup. currently using b16a, after cny will change to b18cr. then will search for itb setup with stock engine. any recommendation? what should i get?

shiroitenshi

3,000 RPM
Apr 18, 2006
IHE (Intake, Header, Exhaust modifications)

ITB you can use from AE units, need to adapt wiring to toyota's TPS, like toda's ITB. and also the adapter.

Need Weber DCOE vaccuum gauge to tune the throttle ports, so if don't have, forget it.

If the ITB setup correctly, itbs on a b16a can run with standard b16a ECU, but have to adapt honda IACV (make bracket) and attach hoses to AE's vacuum log. All sensors must be used to avoid the check engine light (MIL)

I did already an ITB setup, but for practical driving purposes, not suitable.. guzzle fuel, too fast throttle response (imagine whacking 10% throttle, and the car rushes forward (because 4 ports means it almost quadruples the throttle). The ITB used is posted a long while ago, I think I asked J101 what brand it was during that time.

The current owner is offering to sell the car (not at a cheap price though). it's not so easy to drive, there is no 'slow' with that car. But if you don't open the hood, you won't know it uses and ITB.. very smooth idle :)

But if you want to have something that is different, you can contact the owner.

If planning for yourself, ask yourself if you want to drive your car everyday or not. lol.. even personally I won't put on my car. But I would if it was a B16a... :)

If you can get Toda's they have very light throttle feel due to the type of linkages they use.. but for the price, suddenly a single throttle with a better intake manifold becomes a less expensive choice.

Last edited:

koolvibration

Known Member
May 9, 2005
Garage
wow...so many things to get...and rare too....

my b16a edi hav IHE modded. good response too. low and mid torque improvement very satisfying.... u did ur itb by urself?

shiroitenshi

3,000 RPM
Apr 18, 2006
wow...so many things to get...and rare too....

my b16a edi hav IHE modded. good response too. low and mid torque improvement very satisfying.... u did ur itb by urself?
Yes I set up the ITB, but not my car, friend's one before he sold it. Nak low end-mid range, pastu dah terlalu banyak, jual plak.. lol.. and I did not use IACV (no idle valve control), instead I used a cold idle compensation with hondata for standard idling performance. Depends on what management you use, IACV can be omitted.

Setting up the ITB was one of the funniest moments at the workshop.. Lots of problems but also lots of LOL moments. overall, took a little over 3 days to sort the problem out (actually time was more like two weeks, since I went there like 1-2 times a week only).

I was setting up the mapping when one of the passerby put his head in the engine to look closely at the ITB.. then I revved (I didn't notice he had his head in there.. ) terkejut beruk pakcik tuh sampai terhantuk car bonnet.. lol... but during that time, immediately came out and apologized.. lol...lucky not a temperful old man.. kalau tak, bleh kena penampar free sebijik. hahaha.

---------- Post added at 01:25 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:57 AM ----------

I will post the video of the ITB setup later. No memory card reader ATM.

If you happy with B16A low end performance, you'd be surprised with B18Cr or B20B.. my first impression of B16A (and B16B)'s low end was.. "Waddafak so slow!."

Not kutuk B16A, I used my B16A for a good part of 4 years! 170+whp :) 11CR with hondata. actually still working, but I stripped the head for the S2 valvestrain I put in.

---------- Post added at 01:37 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 01:25 AM ----------

actually not too much

ITB - RM250-450 AE model, Toda 4-6K? maybe?
intake manifold adapter - 500-700ish? not sure.
workmanship (dunno, depend on shop)
ECU management - 2.5K or so.

Less than 5K with AE ITB, more with toda..

If you drive everyday, I'll not recommend this, if you keep for syok2 car.. bolehla.

Last edited:

koolvibration

Known Member
May 9, 2005
Garage
hm....since i got S2 intake liao, then i wont go for ITB until got $$ to get my fun drive. hehehe... b18cr with forge rods and pistons will do. plus S2 valve train and cams will do fine. I will heed ur advise....

jaj_prakaash

Known Member
Jan 11, 2007
Jurong
Hi, bro. How's the feeling of ITB? U using AE111 one rite? What's the CR u running?

shiroitenshi

3,000 RPM
Apr 18, 2006
Nope, using honda specific ITB, not AE111. It actually came with a modded IACV, but I ended up not using it.

Surprisingly feels like a normal car.. except even the slightest throttle, the car rushes forward already.. no slow mode. even half clutching doesn't decrease the speed much. finally ended up with 1.2K rpm idle so going slow, only need to release the clutch..

Idle like standard car, no? :)

Last edited:

jaj_prakaash

Known Member
Jan 11, 2007
Jurong
Yup... Idle like standard car... The best thing about ITB that I like is the sound... the air sucking sound from the 4 trompet during low rev & super duper loud vtec roar... simply orgasmic...

Would love to view your car in real life...

shiroitenshi

3,000 RPM
Apr 18, 2006
not my car.. friend's car. I was the one that set the ITBs. This one actually old news since the car sold off already. :P

shiroitenshi

3,000 RPM
Apr 18, 2006
K project officially on.. :)
Lots of new things to play with.. friend says he sourced a Type S on the cheap.

Until the h/cut actually at the workshop, consider at stage zero still.

x363

Known Member
Jun 11, 2011
Ipoh/JB
Yes I set up the ITB, but not my car, friend's one before he sold it. Nak low end-mid range, pastu dah terlalu banyak, jual plak.. lol.. and I did not use IACV (no idle valve control), instead I used a cold idle compensation with hondata for standard idling performance. Depends on what management you use, IACV can be omitted.

Setting up the ITB was one of the funniest moments at the workshop.. Lots of problems but also lots of LOL moments. overall, took a little over 3 days to sort the problem out (actually time was more like two weeks, since I went there like 1-2 times a week only).

I was setting up the mapping when one of the passerby put his head in the engine to look closely at the ITB.. then I revved (I didn't notice he had his head in there.. ) terkejut beruk pakcik tuh sampai terhantuk car bonnet.. lol... but during that time, immediately came out and apologized.. lol...lucky not a temperful old man.. kalau tak, bleh kena penampar free sebijik. hahaha.

---------- Post added at 01:25 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:57 AM ----------

I will post the video of the ITB setup later. No memory card reader ATM.

If you happy with B16A low end performance, you'd be surprised with B18Cr or B20B.. my first impression of B16A (and B16B)'s low end was.. "Waddafak so slow!."

Not kutuk B16A, I used my B16A for a good part of 4 years! 170+whp :) 11CR with hondata. actually still working, but I stripped the head for the S2 valvestrain I put in.

---------- Post added at 01:37 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 01:25 AM ----------

actually not too much

ITB - RM250-450 AE model, Toda 4-6K? maybe?
intake manifold adapter - 500-700ish? not sure.
workmanship (dunno, depend on shop)
ECU management - 2.5K or so.

Less than 5K with AE ITB, more with toda..

If you drive everyday, I'll not recommend this, if you keep for syok2 car.. bolehla.
Hi Bro Shiroitenshi, can you help to summarise the pro and con of ITB?

why you not advise using it for daily drive? if ITB setup, we will face problem or dust and dirt because without filters?

Thank you

Jun 21, 2011
Connecticut
Ok people check it. im from the us. Connecticut, united states. Im crazy about my civic eg. But everybody out here in ct does things the same. So i started searching and found this site. I want some help from the people here that think they can help me build my civic by giving me suggestions and telling me where i can get things!! I want help from the best to make my civic one of a kind out here in connecticut!! :} everybody help is wanted!!

shah5755

Known Member
Apr 20, 2007
Pj....kch
ITB not suits for daily driven car imo....1st due to fuel consumption...2nd it doesn't hv filters to prevent dust or dirt entering our engine...and i think 1.2k rpm during idling surely u ppl know hw does it feels to drive it:biggrin:
just my 2cents....
isaiah,welcome to the club hehe btw wat kind of mods do u really wa to make ur eg one of a kind :driver:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

The Shell Eco Marathon is a platform for energy efficient vehicles and spearheading an assault on that title will be the Naza World Taylor’s University Eco Team that features first-year students from the institution of higher learning’s school of engineering and backing from Naza World.

“Naza is proud to support and encourage the aspirations of Malaysia’s youth. Our contribution in this endeavour is well...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience