Comfort and Silent Tyres : MC5 / CC6 / Others

tonyy2999

Mar 28, 2017
Kuala Lumpur
tyres in my list now:

Continental MC5
Continental CC6 / UC6
Yokohama AE50
Michelin 3ST (not sure about this cause 3ST no size for me)
Michelin Primact HP (not sure this still in production and pricing)

jerrysiow

Known Member
Jan 3, 2012
Seremban
in fact, i used the Hankook Ventus S1 Noble2 before.

3 months ago, i installed 4 S1 Noble2, but few weeks ago, when i go for tyre balancing, the foreman show me one of the front tyre side wall cracked from the rim side to the center of the side wall. They said i hit something, but i just driving to work and back daily using normal road only.

They pursuade me to change the front 2 tyres to Hankook Prime2 K115 (cause the S1 Noble2 no more stock), charged me RM500 x 2 = RM1,000, and worst no trade in allowed (I felt like kena con, will never go back to the shop). This is emergency, just have to take it and this will be the last time buying from them.

Actually i like the S1 Noble2, very quiet and comfy ride until the incident. No confident to use them again.

I am not sure is this an isolated case or the quality of the tyre or whether the crack is accident or man made (cause i am a gentle driver, plus i check my tyre pressure weekly).

Tony, the S1 noble2 you had previously is made from where? Thailand or Indonesia? My colleague so far has no problem on his Thai made.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
in fact, i used the Hankook Ventus S1 Noble2 before.

3 months ago, i installed 4 S1 Noble2, but few weeks ago, when i go for tyre balancing, the foreman show me one of the front tyre side wall cracked from the rim side to the center of the side wall. They said i hit something, but i just driving to work and back daily using normal road only.

They pursuade me to change the front 2 tyres to Hankook Prime2 K115 (cause the S1 Noble2 no more stock), charged me RM500 x 2 = RM1,000, and worst no trade in allowed (I felt like kena con, will never go back to the shop). This is emergency, just have to take it and this will be the last time buying from them.

Actually i like the S1 Noble2, very quiet and comfy ride until the incident. No confident to use them again.

I am not sure is this an isolated case or the quality of the tyre or whether the crack is accident or man made (cause i am a gentle driver, plus i check my tyre pressure weekly).
So far, my friends using their review quite ok. S1 Noble 2 is ventus range means higher. Optimo is mid and Knergy in eco tyres

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
tyres in my list now:

Continental MC5
Continental CC6 / UC6
Yokohama AE50
Michelin 3ST (not sure about this cause 3ST no size for me)
Michelin Primact HP (not sure this still in production and pricing)
MC5 are not that quiet and are mid tyres
CC6 are entry level
UC6 in between CC6 and MC5
AE-50 are mid, quiet/comfort tyres also
P3ST, website shows no size
Primacy 3 still in their website, but you mention expensive.....lol

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

C 300 AMG Line: 6 sec / 258hp / 400nm / 2L 4cyl turbo + 20hp motor / 9 speed auto / 250kmh / RM 330,681

C 200 Avantgarde Line: 7.3 sec / 204hp / 300nm / 1.5L 4 cyl turbo + 20hp motor / 9 speed auto / 246kmh / RM 288,334

The 2022 W206 C Class arrives Malaysia. Now in its 5th generation, this all new C class finally receive tech upgrades trickeled down from bigger brother S Class, including a 20hp...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience