coilovers?malaysian road?

squall_leonheart

Aug 5, 2005
Japan
Hi,greetings,I have some questions about coilovers,I was about to change my standard shock to TEIN HA coilovers,Then i test ride on my friend cars with TEIN also,driving performance are smooth while taking curved but,when it come to coarse road,the ride become very harsh,I want to balance beetween comfort ride and lowered car,Is it advisable to use coilover on malaysian road,I live in kl.My ride have 40 profile tyre.

squall_leonheart

Aug 5, 2005
Japan
aiyaaa i need feedback from you guys..

acbc

4,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2004
KD
Might as well maintain stock absorber and use lowered springs... if you want to maintain comfort.

Coilovers = 0 comfort or very minimal comfort because it was designed for motorsports application.

verticalimit

Known Member
Mar 27, 2005
TEIN is propably not suitable for road use. track use then is fine.

TEIN shock is too hard u will feel bouncy when on unbalance surface

another set of choice if u 1 comfort.. Go for KONI+Eibach really nice

stable n yet comfort.

k3nny

Known Member
Oct 10, 2004
Coilovers probably wont be able to maintain the same level of comfort as the stock suspension..

Height adjustables have a threaded body.

With this threaded body, you can alter the body to a maximum of the thread amount.
However, that also means your springs are going to be very short as shown in your picture.
They're load can differ like maybe 4k etc etc.

As a result, there is less travel and also the same load in such a small spring will be stiffer.

In my opinion.. :D

Get something like the Tein EDFC to alter it on the fly

escaflowne

1,000 RPM
May 4, 2004
Visit site
Yeah,i'm a coilover user here.If you need to balance between comfort and low ride you can opt for a lowered spring and stock abs.Any coilover even if you set it too the sofest level you still feel the uncomfortable ride.For me i get used of the hard ride of coilover so it actually very much depends.You can pm ninja_iga for titan advices

Pickcell

Known Member
Jul 25, 2005
Asia
I'm sorry but i'm real noob bout this lowering kinda thing.
Can someone help me ..?

I've been hearing about "springs, coilovers, strut bars, etc." .. What exactly do we just have to change if we want our cars to be lowered, and at the same time have comfort ?

But of course not too bumpy until bump abit only kena your car bumper/skirting ady..

Any advises? :confused:

huakenny

LB Performance
Feb 24, 2005
Kota Kinabalu
Visit site
if wan comfort.....no coilovers plz......

if wan comfort n better rite.....change sports absorber n use original spring..or u can upgrade it

inch up sport rim wit beter grip tyre... front n rear strut bar......is ok.... if got extra money..can go for fender n lower bar...

my 2 cents.... wat is main thing to consider is sport rim n tyre, absorber n spring..major effect to ur comfort n handling

Pickcell

Known Member
Jul 25, 2005
Asia
huakenny said:
if wan comfort.....no coilovers plz......

if wan comfort n better rite.....change sports absorber n use original spring..or u can upgrade it

inch up sport rim wit beter grip tyre... front n rear strut bar......is ok.... if got extra money..can go for fender n lower bar...

my 2 cents.... wat is main thing to consider is sport rim n tyre, absorber n spring..major effect to ur comfort n handling
Ok.. After change sport absorber n use original spring.. What about making the car look lower? What must be done?

Harith

500 RPM
Jun 10, 2005
B.B.B
acbc said:
Might as well maintain stock absorber and use lowered springs... if you want to maintain comfort.

Coilovers = 0 comfort or very minimal comfort because it was designed for motorsports application.
sup guys im a coilovers user and to me what acbc say is right. im currently using hwl hi/low and its fun using it until u get to the bumpy part of the road ( u can always avoide it ) and at that time i feel like my balls gonna fall off.

Cheers :tee:

dolly

500 RPM
Dec 24, 2003
coilover user here, i've grown so used to it, driving a normal car makes me sick :| i need to feel the bumps, stones, pot holes and rattling of the engine to feel normal.

evors

Known Member
Jun 27, 2005
Johor, Malaysia
Koni + Eibach

I got Koni Shocks (Hard / Soft Adj.) and Eibach springs on my ride. Really good balance between comfort and handling. Front is set at softest while rear is set at medium.
The Eibach really compliments the Koni. But if you really want true sports handling, coilovers is the only way.
Handling and ride comfort don't live in the same world. They are light years of galaxies apart, so either go for true sports handling, very comfy ride or choose something in between.

My 2 sen. :biggrin:

acbc

4,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2004
KD
I've been using Titan coilovers for over a year now... current setting is medium-soft which is perfect for my use... balance between high speed application and daily driving (still a little stiff though).

After a while, I've gotten sick of standard suspension which makes the car feels like a boat during braking (*vomit*). While is it comfortable (best is still the Kia Carnival), I felt it is dangerous (too much body rolling) for high speed application.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

This is a year 2007 Honda City, with more than 8 years of abuse from mother nature and the intense pollutions from Kuala Lumpur, it was sent for a repaint a few months ago. Custom painted to a black and white theme, the roof, grill and some trim where black while the rest of the car is a pearl white. After a few months of paint curing, we...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience