Clutch strange behaviour

Triplej94

Jun 22, 2017
Kuching
hi 6 puck user here and use it as daily.

yes, puck typre of clutch has better grip and from standstill it judder to get move.
this kind of clutch doesnt like to slip, hence whatever u used to do with stock organic clutch, you cant use the same method. It wont be smooth.

that being said, that is why if u release clutch slowly during downshift ,it judders/vibrate.
so u need to change your style,i smooth things out by reving to 1.5k ish rpm to let it slip during stand still, and rev match during gear shift.

my master pump clutch failed twice throught out 6 puck clutch life time. the symptom are,even if u 'tekan clutch berdiri',gear still not being release and got metal grinding sound during shift
I’ve asked a friend who has experience on puck clutches. He say the exact same thing tho.. so, i guess should be normal for what im dealing with right now.. hehe.. thanks btw for ur input.

Btw, i was told by the workshop to run in the new clutch kit for around 300KM. They also said to drive it gently.. but how can i know that the clutch has run in properly? I’ve been driving it nearly 600KM (highway/light traffic) with the new clutch kit.. and still driving gently till now..

When i drove it fresh out from the workshop, start of from a standstill, the juddering is harsh. and now its much more less.. Way much more less.. :dontknow::confused:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Ever wondered where retired race cars go? Nowhere actually, well some are sold and others are taken apart for show but the rest are tucked away neatly and wrapped up in a humidity controlled room. These rooms are off limits to regular people like you and I. But Lewis Hamilton and Jenson Button are not regular people and the Mclaren duo got the rare opportunity to visit Mclaren's crypt, a placed where they...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience