cleaning headlamps.

boggysv

2,000 RPM
Sep 7, 2004
Link

This is a link to showing u how to "clean" foglamps, but i was wondering if it could be done on glass headlamps?

ANybody tried it b4?
Can teach me?

antugile

Known Member
Dec 8, 2004
pg.photos.yahoo.com
to clean headlamp + Fog lamp + taillamp...easy as 1 2 3..

this is my way doing it.. caution** Only for light and NOt ON MIRROR OR GLASS..

why we can do it on light it is a combination of glass and plastic but plastic is more f i not mistaken.

What u need is:

1 . Brasso

2 . kain buruk (old cloth)

3 . 10 min depend on light you've got.

4. 100 plus. :D

Steps:

Polish the brasso with cloth until all surface covered by it,

leave the light about for 1 min, by this time you can do to another light, repeat the step to all the light.

after all being polished and leaved for 1-2 min at this time the chemical react with the clogged and dust, then polished the surface untill all the brasso gone..walla...you got a brand new light...satisfaction guaranteed..

try many times at my charade detomaso cristal lamp.. B. EU. tiful.

I

Indecided

try the same with autosol.

otherwise...zzz..it's like emery boards for fingernails :P

boggysv

2,000 RPM
Sep 7, 2004
brasso is a brass polish is it? :blink:

can use on a glass headlamp?

edgar_raphael

1,000 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
Visit site
Another way is an easy one but might cost your some money but if you are a friend to one of them it might be free. If you happened to know someone working in a car painting workshop, ask them to polish your headlamps glass/plastic with their Paste Compound polish, this type of polish is what they use to polish your car that has just been painted with new paint, they should know.

However, i encounter some older glass headlights which is not the crystal type, which has lines on the inside of the glass, usually gets yellowish/greenish, the only way to clean this inside of the glass is to open the headlamp and wash.

antugile

Known Member
Dec 8, 2004
pg.photos.yahoo.com
Originally posted by boggysv@Feb 13 2005, 13:46
brasso is a brass polish is it? :blink:

can use on a glass headlamp?
yes brasso & autosol is a brass polish, and yes it can be used to clean glass headlamps,

just showed it to may neighbour kancil's, result is satisfying and as to thank me, he gave me a bottle of chemical and a bottle of tyre cleaner(the white one)..

the reason of headlamp become yellowish then become blurr is because of the repetition of heat and cold and enviroment, when the lights is on the plastics become hot and rain + sun..its decay..

fritz

1,000 RPM
Jan 11, 2005
Malaysia
www.mrbaoz.com.my
I did it today wit Autosol..very very effective! My ae101's headlamp now looks newer...dun hav those yellowish colour stain...Good Good...hehe!!THankyOU!

antugile

Known Member
Dec 8, 2004
pg.photos.yahoo.com
Hi fritz, very very effective ehh...like I told ya, the steps are simple and no need to open ur headlamp to clean it, simple and effective..

fritz

1,000 RPM
Jan 11, 2005
Malaysia
www.mrbaoz.com.my
Yaya..very very easy..i done it in less than 10mins..hehe! But if can polish inside of the lamp..i think the effect will be superb...hehe..

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
Where to buy Autosol ?? :huh:

Opel

Known Member
Dec 20, 2004
Malacca
Visit site
those hardwareshop or shopping complex sure got 1 laa.

Hikaru

3,000 RPM
Aug 13, 2004
Atlanta, GA
photobucket.com
Originally posted by jerm+Feb 24 2004, 22:34 --><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jerm @ Feb 24 2004, 22:34 )</div><div class='quotemain'>hello! use AUTOSOL! it works really GOOD!
try it im not bluffing youuuuuuuuuuuuu
[snapback]117463[/snapback]​
[/b]

<!--QuoteBegin-deadman
@Feb 26 2004, 20:54
i try it wth autosol it really work....
[snapback]119936[/snapback]​
[/quote]
Autosol works like a sandpaper but in liquid form. It works because you simply sand off the outer layer of the plastic and reveal the layer undernealth so it looks shinny right after you polish it with autosol.

The problem is how do you seal of the exposed layer of plastic? If you can not seal the top layer then you are polishing for nothing because it'll turn yellowing again and sooner then before because the protective layer of the plastic has been sanded off.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

my fren car was stolen on tuesday (30/08/2005) around 5 pm in the
evening. the location at TAMAN SEGAR , JALAN LEMAK 2

the car is a wira dark grey color, just convert to 4g91 recently.
15 white BSA inch , 10 inch front windscreen sticker , skirting and exaust

this happen when he found out the key hole at the rear bonet was missing
he go home and call his fren to check for the price. On the same time , he heard
the car alarm trigger. when he went out, he saw the thief is driving his car...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience