Civic ES (7th Generation)

g88

3,000 RPM
Jan 28, 2004
Am doing homework about this car and home sifu here can share some input.

1. I understand 7th gen have 1.7 (VTi-S) and 2.0 (ES) ?
- Aside from Cc, Interior different, what else is different ? Can both share some of their body/engine part ?

2. Understand there is also a 2.0 RX2 model ?
- Is this just a added bodykit version ? What else different compare to stand 2.0 ? Is there a RX1 model ?

3. What colour is available for 1.7, 2.0 and 2.0 RX2 ?

4. How is the fuel consumption like for this 3 models ? (assume city normal drive, also highway

5. Most 'frequent' spoil/problematic stuff + its cost ?

I read ppl complaining this gen (or all gen Civic) have rear soft/bouncy suspension...its the car is stock, how to 'settle' it (dun want upgrade him etc)...is running on arm or chamber type of suspect ?

6. What would be the market price now for them ? Range wise....

This is all question i have for now...hope some sifu can help.

g88

3,000 RPM
Jan 28, 2004
Anyone can help ? I have posted in Civic ES forum but no reply :(

arrowhead

Aug 20, 2004
Damansara/PJ
- Aside from Cc, Interior different, what else is different ? Can both share some of their body/engine part ?
both can share bodyparts but not engine parts because its a totally diff engine. i dont really know abt others tho..

- Is this just a added bodykit version ? What else different compare to stand 2.0 ? Is there a RX1 model ?
i think its just bodykit. correct me if im wrong

silver, black, maroon?

4. How is the fuel consumption like for this 3 models ? (assume city normal drive, also highway
i have the 1.7 model. consumtion is pretty ok (4 speed auto). i can clock approx 420km on a full tank (rm70-75) city driving. but if travel outstation, i clocked 550km on a full tank before.

i think from my recent research, the 1.7 model has gearbox problem. read on the forums that its common for the 1.7 model, not too sure abt the 2.0 one

I read ppl complaining this gen (or all gen Civic) have rear soft/bouncy suspension...its the car is stock, how to 'settle' it (dun want upgrade him etc)...is running on arm or chamber type of suspect ?
- yeah, its abit on the bouncy/sampan type. not a car to whack corners especially if u are on stock absorbers but its real comfortable. how to settle? dont whack corners lol

i think the 1.7 2003 model goes for abt 45-47k. 2.0 ones go for 5x.

g88

3,000 RPM
Jan 28, 2004
Any ES owner here that can gimme 2.0 Info ??

Jun 25, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Hi!!! i just bought ES 1.7 year 2005/millage 66000km/price $58.8k

is the price reasonable? :hmmmm:

Last edited:

bien335

1,500 RPM
Aug 3, 2009
Johor Bahru
the ET1 has a black interior, leather seats, red meter cluster.

I cant recall the differences between the RX models. One had the topeng zorro, enkei wheels, the latter models received the multispoke alloys which looked similar to the EP2 type R design..

papabear202002

Aug 30, 2007
im driving civic ET 2.0 year 2005. Bought new. So far no major problem (mine is stock). Parts changed : Absorber (plug and play original DC5R absorber), Absorber Mounting and Engine Mounting just changed last month. Wheel bearing changed last year.The rest still perfect and original. Mileage is 188000km but running perfect!With a stock spec i can easily reach 200kmh on highway.Very responsive car with good pick up and top speed which i really like!

Absorber between 1.7 and 2.0 is different and obviously the engine parts also totally different as they are using different engine.

just a bodykit version i.e front grill,16" enkei sport rim,spoiler and skirting. The rest i would say is the same.

for ET 2.0 is Black,Silver,Maroon

I just feed my 2.0 with normal ron95.Full tank about RM70+.Normal drive can go 400km, Highway 500++ km

So far my 7 years old baby is well behave. Just minor pand normal wear and tear.Changed absorber,Engine Mounting,Wheel bearing, Absorber Mounting, Service oil and gearbox engine On Time, Using NGK Iridium Plug and Original Engine and Gear Oil.Aircond service done twice a year (filter clean up+gas/oil replacement and cost me only RM25)

Yes the suspension a bit soft but for me its ok. I just changed to the original absorber cost me RM1.2k one set.Running good and comfort.

2.0cc 2004 from 55k to 60k roughly depending on the condition
2.0cc 2005 from 60k to 70k roughly depending on the condition

This is all question i have for now...hope some sifu can help.

Josh_Takumi_86

Mar 20, 2006

not much diff, just some different from facelift and pre-facelift and non facelift.
2.0 rear light is smoked crystal type, so as the front headlight is smoked(or titanium colour). 1.7 got two diff rear light, pre-facelift is crystal and/or crystal light with orange signal, then non-facelift (later version) as we called RS version.
for Pre-facelift and non facelift version, front looks the same, just pre-facelift have different grill and bumper.
non facelift version, got RS and non RS. RS got skirtings and orange signal headlights, just like the RX2.
Well, for exterior and interior, too much to say...haha

for interior, RS and non RS (the non facelift version). Non RS interior is gray colour with black background meter. RS version, full black, even radio console is ala carbon black style, then meter is white.
Pre-facelift interior will be fabric cream. thats what most of Team ES owner convert to RS interior.

facelift models, the 1.7 interior is leather cream. 2.0 leather black. for both this, the meters got a lil different.

engine part, D17A2 and K20a3. the same.

Yup, added bodykit version. the same.
interior full leather black, seats got written RX. same to door panels, floor mat...

4. How is the fuel consumption like for this 3 models ? (assume city normal drive, also highway)

fuel consumption, depend on driver foot. Lol...

bouncy/sampan suspension, actually except upgrade. nothing can do.
best way is adjustable. another is sport spring with sport abs OR dc5 suspensions...

heyy, come join us https://www.facebook.com/groups/teamesmalaysia/
whats ur nickname in Team Es Malaysia??

SataniC

Old Is Gold
Dec 9, 2003
Subang
Visit site
laalaa lalaa... anyone needs DC5 parts can PM me... few ES owners have bought either a K20A conversion package or some stock DC5 parts for their ES with no issues :)... for ES they can plug and play almost 90% of DC5 parts... some needed adjustment though...

Josh_Takumi_86

Mar 20, 2006
laalaa lalaa... anyone needs DC5 parts can PM me... few ES owners have bought either a K20A conversion package or some stock DC5 parts for their ES with no issues :)... for ES they can plug and play almost 90% of DC5 parts... some needed adjustment though...
then do u hav front rear dc5R anti roll bar?

SataniC

Old Is Gold
Dec 9, 2003
Subang
Visit site
ive to check again... i do have a fully adjustable coilovers from a dc5... hi/lo/hard/soft with pillowball mount...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

The news of Keiichi Tsuchiya and Daijiro Inada leaving the D1 Series over differences with the D1 Corporation was quite a big blow to drifting but then came the saving grace that the dynamic duo would be starting up their own drift series that spelt some competition for D1 and the promise of more focus on the grassroots was just what the sport needed in its native land as things have descended into a...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience