Civic ek/eg aircon not cold cooling coil repair

YEN96

Known Member
May 25, 2011
JB/SGP
Dear all, currently my aircon not cold, blowing out normal air. Recently, under my glove compartment got loud hissing sound, is it the cooling coil leak ??

How much cost to repair ??

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
there are many components that contribute to your not-cold aircond. in other words, to many component that are suspects.
suggest you to check it at a good AC shop before any bro here could advice you about the cost.

-lanz-

Known Member
Jul 9, 2009
Perak/Kedah
Agree with ken yeang.
Might be your blower spoilt.Try turn ON ur blower without AC.Check whether still got hissing sound.

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
if blower at fault it wont effect the temperature of the aircond, will just blow out very minimal air.
the main culprit should be the cooling coil, if you;re lucky its just a minor replacement of the o-ring.

YEN96

Known Member
May 25, 2011
JB/SGP
I just repair my aircon because of air con not cold, top up gas but still leak.
Work involve -
1. Trouble shoot cooling coil, strip and test / check for leak.
2. Trouble shoot compressor for leak.
3. Check all other joints / hose / adaptor fittings for leak.
4. Check condenser for leakages, need to strip radiator. Basically, he check the whole aircon system.
5. Change1x external aircon dryer ( bullet shape part). This part expensive ???
6. Change 1x aircon hose.
7. Changes 1x switch ( leaking ) at external aircon dryer.
8. Changes about 5 new o rings.
9. Service - wash and clean all pipings, and chemical wash condenser.
10. Top up new air con gas and oil.

All in the above job took more than half a day with one air con expert mechanic full time to do my car.
Much of the time was spent trouble shooting ( stripping out the parts )for the leak and HE CHECK AND TROUBLE shoot each and every component instead of asking to change all.

Din ask for breakdown but all in Damages RM 494.....aircon repair expensive.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

every morning when i start my car...my clutch very low, but after engine warm up....clutch become very high....i have change my upper and lower clutch pump...but problem still there...
wat is wrong?
please help...
yesterday i have send to my mech to release air, then problem solved....but this morning problem come out again...
previously was using cable clutch now change to oil pump type and this problem occur...this is the second time changing clutch pump...
if let say the pump to pedal...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience