Gash

Mar 3, 2009
anybody here know where can i chrome my rims ? around klang valley , thanks

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Most do painting nowadays. You can call some of the tyre shops up and ask if they do chroming or not?

D7zul

2,000 RPM
Feb 24, 2011
Shah Alam
any company in the galvanizing industry should do chroming too

:wink:

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
If the rims just needs chroming then yes, but if needs to repair dents, etc., then have to send to different place first.
If send to tyre shop then all covered.....my 2 sens

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
alternative, you could try powdercoating the rim.
They are less forgiving that chroming and shows lesser blemishes if the ori rims is slightly imperfect.

Personally, chrome is too bling while powdercoat is just right.

Gash

Mar 3, 2009
prefer make it chrome,i did ask for rims shop , he sugest me better buy a new set instead of chrome ur rims :( because too expensive, sigh

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Chrome also can peel off.....
Either new or can look out for second hand ones....

Last edited:

Gash

Mar 3, 2009
i prefer my current rims,juz wan make it special look hahaha...

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
Hmm... Depends on car la... If play eurostyle/VIP, then chrome ok lo... Ir performance, powder coat is the way to go! And even VIPs also got use black/white rims now...

But keep in mind, a chrome colour won't last as long as a factory chrome. Because it is just sprayed on instead of electroplated on. Correct me if I'm wrong.

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
Heck, at one time, even factory chromed rims (if not mistaken, JRD) had their chrome layer peeled off after a while.
JRD initially claimed their rims undergo hundreds of hour of salt test, etc....but eventually the chrome flaked off.

Other than chroming, you can try polishing it (until close mirror finish), powdercoat or anodised (if the rims are aluminum).

If all do not work, buy Carbonfibre rims......hahaha. Sure no fight oredi.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Hmm... Depends on car la... If play eurostyle/VIP, then chrome ok lo... Ir performance, powder coat is the way to go! And even VIPs also got use black/white rims now...

But keep in mind, a chrome colour won't last as long as a factory chrome. Because it is just sprayed on instead of electroplated on. Correct me if I'm wrong.
Or maybe the work not as good as factory one, as I have seen many redone ones start to peel quite fast.....

sm84

Aug 29, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
hi..wanna share my own experience chroming or restoring chrome parts..there is 3 conditions u can choose.
1. restoring the original chrome tt already dull n extremely faded due to whether effect or other contamination.
2. coloured parts tt u want to transform to chorome finishing
3. just send u parts to have a chroming process..aint cheap dude!

ok guys lets start the diy process, here is the vital equipemnt n product tt u need to find. dont worry..u can get it at hardware
1. paint stripper
2. brown polishing compound rm 10
3. buffering wheel.rm 12
3. drill
4. any polishing liquid/gel or any metal polising..tc brasso,autosol will do

ok if ur parts is s originally coloured, u need to stripp away all the unnessacy colour using the paint stripper until it becomes a crowd metal finishing.then u start using brown polishing compound and with buffering wheel as a aid for u doing the polishing work..ok last part is, apply any metal polishing to ur parts n polish it until ur desire satisfaction..with very low budget u can get higher satisfaction..

hope this can be use as a remedies to u guys and sorry for my mediocre writting...hmm..if u want to have a picture,kindly visit my facebook at mazery bin mohd zaini..no harm for me for sharing experience..

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

It started off as a small, nimble hatchback from the 80’s. But who knew 30 years later, it is still regarded as one of the most influential cars by the ever-growing enthusiasts to have shook the world and still leaves fresh traces of rubber on the tarmac. And it is through its unique characteristics that had moved Toyota in reincarnating the famed sideways legend, the AE86, with the all new Toyota 86...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience