Choose good tyre is important for family safety

thunder77

thunder77

Nov 9, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Nowadays, it is not easy to take care of our own children, we need to always keep an eye on them, if not, accident may happen, they may get injured. This theory is the same as we choose the right tyre for our car, do u know how important is the right tyre? It is very important to mk sure u and ur family have a safe journey.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Can you define a good tyre? Consumers have different priorities, budget and so on, so they will choose according to what they need or can afford. There are people who wants performance, some durability, some something in between. that is why tyre manufacturers also come out with many categories and models to choose from....

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Can you define a good tyre? Consumers have different priorities, budget and so on, so they will choose according to what they need or can afford. There are people who wants performance, some durability, some something in between. that is why tyre manufacturers also come out with many categories and models to choose from....
1 comment from sifu vr2turbo, solves all doubts and problems :rofl:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Nowadays, it is not easy to take care of our own children, we need to always keep an eye on them, if not, accident may happen, they may get injured. This theory is the same as we choose the right tyre for our car, do u know how important is the right tyre? It is very important to mk sure u and ur family have a safe journey.
I have a different view on this. Instead of choosing a "good tyre", why not learn to understand the limitations and capabilities of the tyre you choose to buy? (with the exception of 2nd hand tyres).

Say I buy the Dunlop D01 entry/mid-level tyre, in comparison to say the Michelin PS3 it's not as good. But if you understand it's limitations and can only afford the D01, then you're fine. Don't expect it to work like the PS3 in the wet so drive slower, dry grip is fine but not as good as Federal RSR so drive slower, it's a very cheap tyre so road noise is expectedly louder, etc.

Understand the limits and you'll be happy with whatever tyre you purchase that's within your budget.

cvkit17

2,000 RPM

cvkit17

2,000 RPM
Mar 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
I have a different view on this. Instead of choosing a "good tyre", why not learn to understand the limitations and capabilities of the tyre you choose to buy? (with the exception of 2nd hand tyres).

Say I buy the Dunlop D01 entry/mid-level tyre, in comparison to say the Michelin PS3 it's not as good. But if you understand it's limitations and can only afford the D01, then you're fine. Don't expect it to work like the PS3 in the wet so drive slower, dry grip is fine but not as good as Federal RSR so drive slower, it's a very cheap tyre so road noise is expectedly louder, etc.

Understand the limits and you'll be happy with whatever tyre you purchase that's within your budget.
I drive slow even on RSR wor hahahha :biggrin:

Like izso mentioned, the most important thing to safety is education. And also key to safety is to drive responsibly...of course, you can then define "good" tyre by its reliability. A tyre that has decent grip in wet and doesnt blow when at high speed lol

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya

Like izso mentioned, the most important thing to safety is education. And also key to safety is to drive responsibly...of course, you can then define "good" tyre by its reliability. A tyre that has decent grip in wet and doesnt blow when at high speed lol
Wasted lah! selling to you.....hahhaahhhaha:rofl::rofl:

Yah! very true. How good a tyre as explained by bro. Izso, and then go speed and drive recklessly, then how very good the tyre also cannot save you, or are safe enough......:smokin:

cvkit17

2,000 RPM

cvkit17

2,000 RPM
Mar 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Wasted lah! selling to you.....hahhaahhhaha:rofl::rofl:

Yah! very true. How good a tyre as explained by bro. Izso, and then go speed and drive recklessly, then how very good the tyre also cannot save you, or are safe enough......:smokin:
Not really wasted la...utilized it a bit when I chased a noob golf gti haha

thunder77

thunder77

Nov 9, 2013
Kuala Lumpur

su u mean PS3 dry grip not as good as Fed RSR?

somehow ppl nowadays does not drive carefully and as for education on it, some of them just ignore it hence more accident happen...If just ppl had more consideration into this issue :rolleyes:

cvkit17

2,000 RPM

cvkit17

2,000 RPM
Mar 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
somehow ppl nowadays does not drive carefully and as for education on it, some of them just ignore it hence more accident happen...If just ppl had more consideration into this issue :rolleyes:
This I gotta agree, especially youngsters. Even some adults are too stupid to drive responsibly.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
su u mean PS3 dry grip not as good as Fed RSR?

Yup, RS-R is extreme category, PS3 is UHP, however in the wet PS3 is better, that is why have to choose your priorities....:driver:

Many serious accidents also happens in the wee hours after 2am. Either they are tired/sleepy, high/drunk or just plain speeding as there are not much traffic at that hours. Once crash usually that is it.....:smokin:

thunder77

thunder77

Nov 9, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
This I gotta agree, especially youngsters. Even some adults are too stupid to drive responsibly.
that's why I do not understand why parents nowadays encourage their children get license and even bought them a car where they supposed earn it by themselves
Yup, RS-R is extreme category, PS3 is UHP, however in the wet PS3 is better, that is why have to choose your priorities....:driver:

Many serious accidents also happens in the wee hours after 2am. Either they are tired/sleepy, high/drunk or just plain speeding as there are not much traffic at that hours. Once crash usually that is it.....:smokin:
prefer tyre that silence if I were to choose..any recommendation?

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
that's why I do not understand why parents nowadays encourage their children get license and even bought them a car where they supposed earn it by themselves

prefer tyre that silence if I were to choose..any recommendation?
Nowadays, world is changing. Those parents can afford one will surely make sure the kids have a car of their own....:smokin:

What is your tyre size? Certain brands and models comes in certain sizes only.....:driver:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Mclaren super rookie, Lewis Hamilton was caught speeding on a French highway on Sunday afternoon.

Hamilton, 22, was clocked by radar doing a very normal 196kmh (for his standard) at the wheel of a Mercedes CLK. French police have suspended the F1 driver’s license for a period of one month and fined him 600 euros. His car also got confiscated, but police gave Hamilton a lift to his hotel.

Policemen said Hamilton...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience