Cheap tyre

jebatdex

Known Member
Jun 19, 2011
Skudai, Johor
I own 1996 satria with stock rim, 185/60/14. Now on 2013 XM2 (haha i dont believe its 6 years already), cracks are very much everywhere now. Before last year, it is my first car meaning travel balik kampung and long distance with this car, now I own another car, so this satria is only my ride to work (15-20 min one way to work, 5 times a week use only).

I been surveying cheap new tyres to be fitted in, coz before I use XM2 coz it is quite good, good brand too. and for the safety of long distance too (i know it is only entry level tyre). But now, the car is only for my very own use everyday, so looking for cheap tyres to replace. I do not mind on the noise or thread wear etc, coz with current usage, I think after 5 years the tyre thread is still usable just that the rubber become harden and need to replace again. So, I think no need to go for XM2 again, get a cheaper one instead.

I have shortlisted 2 choices, Achilles 122 and Kumho Ecowing, both can get RM100+ in Klang Valley. They are not bad as well I think for the review I read. Now more interested towards Achilles 122. If I remember correctly, in 2013 I purchased the XM2 for RM190/piece.

What do you guys think? Please suggest or add some more tyres in my list?
PHOTO-2019-05-14-08-54-17.jpg
PHOTO-2019-05-14-08-53-47.jpg

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
As long as you use the tyres according to it's limit, all can be used. Problem arise when people fit eco tyres but treat them like UHP tyres.....lol

Reactions: minibeany and Izso

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
Survey for Viking City Tech. They have new model of City Tech out. Pricing should be close with Hankook if not cheaper.

Served me well for 5 years with plenty of tread left. Just dont forget this is a point-to point-at-normal-pace-driving type of tire.

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
Survey for Viking City Tech. They have new model of City Tech out. Pricing should be close with Hankook if not cheaper.

Served me well for 5 years with plenty of tread left. Just dont forget this is a point-to point-at-normal-pace-driving type of tire.
Bugger i used it on my Lancer GT and whack very corners i see, lasted 18 months though. Grip is above average but its not too impressive but for the price i paid, i would say its good. The tyres can handle easily 150 - 160 km/h averagely on every bends of Ipoh highway.

Thanks,
Ken

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
I own 1996 satria with stock rim, 185/60/14. Now on 2013 XM2 (haha i dont believe its 6 years already), cracks are very much everywhere now. Before last year, it is my first car meaning travel balik kampung and long distance with this car, now I own another car, so this satria is only my ride to work (15-20 min one way to work, 5 times a week use only).

I been surveying cheap new tyres to be fitted in, coz before I use XM2 coz it is quite good, good brand too. and for the safety of long distance too (i know it is only entry level tyre). But now, the car is only for my very own use everyday, so looking for cheap tyres to replace. I do not mind on the noise or thread wear etc, coz with current usage, I think after 5 years the tyre thread is still usable just that the rubber become harden and need to replace again. So, I think no need to go for XM2 again, get a cheaper one instead.

I have shortlisted 2 choices, Achilles 122 and Kumho Ecowing, both can get RM100+ in Klang Valley. They are not bad as well I think for the review I read. Now more interested towards Achilles 122. If I remember correctly, in 2013 I purchased the XM2 for RM190/piece.

What do you guys think? Please suggest or add some more tyres in my list?
View attachment 574596 View attachment 574597
Why not just use your Mark X as a daily work car and just sell this off?

jebatdex

Known Member
Jun 19, 2011
Skudai, Johor
Why not just use your Mark X as a daily work car and just sell this off?
sentimental value... cannot sell.. my father bought this car when i was 10 yo, and this car has serving me so long from single until 2 kids..
even if really wana sell, need to take the number, need to buy another vehicle..

jebatdex

Known Member
Jun 19, 2011
Skudai, Johor

ok thanks bro... so i think achilles is cheaper

jebatdex

Known Member
Jun 19, 2011
Skudai, Johor
Bugger i used it on my Lancer GT and whack very corners i see, lasted 18 months though. Grip is above average but its not too impressive but for the price i paid, i would say its good. The tyres can handle easily 150 - 160 km/h averagely on every bends of Ipoh highway.

Thanks,
Ken
good enuf for me..

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
sentimental value... cannot sell.. my father bought this car when i was 10 yo, and this car has serving me so long from single until 2 kids..
even if really wana sell, need to take the number, need to buy another vehicle..
wow.. that's what I call sentimental value! Pity my parents didn't think like yours otherwise I'd have the Genting Taxi Nissan Sentra manual 1.6L in the family.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Yesterday, UMW Toyota Motor showcased their line-up of hybrid vehicles in Malaysia. The Prius, now in its 3rd generation, continues to lead Toyota’s hybrid revolution. Packaged together in a luxurious and sophisticated interior and exterior, the Prius continues to impress with class leading fuel efficiency and low emissions.

Star of the show was of course...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience