Changeover to Pro-RS SS Braided brake hoses

zeone

May 23, 2006
Hi...any1 coming in here got experience using Pro-RS stainless steel braided brake hoses?
Tips, advice, precautions, problems...all would be deeply appreciated. Good points, bad points...anything...plse...

TQ in adv.

forsaken_avatar

Jan 12, 2007
what a coincidence... i just had my brake hoses changed 2 Pro-RS last thursday...
it is in fact a really good upgrade. it improved my car's braking performance, no more fades during heavy braking... plus, it wasn't as spongy as OEM hoses... it's worth ur money...

give Kanna of rosedi autosports(sunway) a call at 016-6293436 if u're in the area.

zeone

May 23, 2006
Tks a meg, guys! Looks like lotsa support for changeover here...
Vagabond: Goodridge is a well-known brand but not tailor-made for our local cars, not forgetting at least double the cost!

Any long term users of Pro-RS out there? Need for re-assurances of quality, durability & reliability...as compared to stock OEM hoses. Pls post yr views.
TQ.

kayy

Known Member
Dec 7, 2005
using it for the past 5 years for my ex charade aura..installed in at rosedi (911 zentrum at that time).no prob as long as u keep ur brake oil change on tab (for me every 25k)..the current owner of my ex charade also facing no probs whatsoever
planning to install it for my SEG next

nowdays..due to quality of their product..they even raised the warranty to 2 years!

zeone

May 23, 2006
Tks, kayy, for yr re-assurance re Pro-RS reliability & durability...that in reality reflects upon its quality, too.

UPDATE : On Googling around, I hv found incidents like this one found in one forum...abt even the renowned Goodridge SS braided hoses failing...leaking...after only 6 months!!

Do chk out HERE!

Is it our frame of mind that somehow feels locally-made products are below par? Shouldn't we support our own products? For all we know our own products are also based on foreign technology & resources, right? Is our QC that bad as to warrant suspicion? A major point to ponder...

How should we think or act? Buy local or only trust foreign? I am confused...and worried...all bundled into one!
Help....

zeone

May 23, 2006
Me finally took the plunge! Had the Pro-RS hoses installed!

Here are some pics to share...

Pics above show Front NEW Pro-RS SS Braided hoses installed.

These are pics of the Rear Pro-RS hoses.

Verdict after installation? The mechanic came back with a great smile. First time he has installed such brake hoses on a car! And told me the brakes were GREAT!

On my way back home, I tested the brakes myself...YUP! The brakes now really BITE!! Worth my $$ spent!

Now the only question remaining is... how long will these Pro-RS last? My ole originals are already 15 years and still good when taken off just now...of course, the feel is kinda spongy compared to the Pro-RS now... :P
Like most ppl hv told me...Life is enjoying the moment! And me am really enjoying my newly found braking confidence....haha! :D

A Point to Ponder...maybe a manufacturing tolerance issue?

Yup...my mech had a little prob fixing the front hoses from the shock absorbers to the inner walls of wheel arches. Holes in brackets a bit too small for the connector heads to pass thru and had to be ground/filed slightly!
However, no such prob with rear hoses & their brackets tho. Wonder why the difference in size?

papagoines

Orang Tua
Feb 6, 2006
Rawang/Selangor
Hi...any1 coming in here got experience using Pro-RS stainless steel braided brake hoses?
Tips, advice, precautions, problems...all would be deeply appreciated. Good points, bad points...anything...plse...

TQ in adv.
Go for it bro...changed it middle of this year and never regretted it since...you can feel the brake pressure thus can modulate ur foot accordingly...I'm using Kancil so the feel is a must when using non ABS brakes...too much the car will skid, too little...better not braking at all ehhehe

In fact last thursday, nearly rear ended a peugoet who make emergency brake in the middle of straight road...my distance between the car is around 1 kancil length...but can't save my rear bumper though...rear-ended by my own fren perdana ( around 2 kancil length) who didn't use pro-rs brakeline :bawling:

what a coincidence... i just had my brake hoses changed 2 Pro-RS last thursday...
it is in fact a really good upgrade. it improved my car's braking performance, no more fades during heavy braking... plus, it wasn't as spongy as OEM hoses... it's worth ur money...

give Kanna of rosedi autosports(sunway) a call at 016-6293436 if u're in the area.
Kanna is friendly...felt sorry for him for asking for the brake changeover during his lunch break :adore:

fUnc

Known Member
Apr 6, 2007
zeone,
Just wondering, how much does it cost for a set of front and rear Pro-RS hoses and where did you get them? And what car are you driving btw? Interested in getting one after hearing all these good feedbacks.

FVel

500 RPM
Feb 5, 2007
zeone,
Just wondering, how much does it cost for a set of front and rear Pro-RS hoses and where did you get them? And what car are you driving btw? Interested in getting one after hearing all these good feedbacks.
What car are you driving ? Easiest is to give Rosedi Motorsports a call since they are the distributors (see the contact number on posts above). Not expensive at all.

I don't think I ever heard anything bad about Pro-RS. Everyone who ever installed them had only good things to say. I'm having a set installed as part of my VR4 brakes mod. Anyway they were also recommended to me by Powerzone who liked the Pro-RS performance very much.

fUnc

Known Member
Apr 6, 2007
What car are you driving ? Easiest is to give Rosedi Motorsports a call since they are the distributors (see the contact number on posts above). Not expensive at all.

I don't think I ever heard anything bad about Pro-RS. Everyone who ever installed them had only good things to say. I'm having a set installed as part of my VR4 brakes mod. Anyway they were also recommended to me by Powerzone who liked the Pro-RS performance very much.
Driving only a Wira with VR4 twin pot front brakes and rear stock Wira 1.6 brakes.
Whats the pricing like for a whole set with installation?

Last edited:

stevenV6

1,000 RPM
Jun 15, 2006
wat a good feedbacks for PRO-RS.........i will get myself one set too.....!

hehehehe....

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Okay, this morning i wake up i just realise that my civic hatch, which is already 17 years old next year counted.
there is a small part of bubble( karat i think) starting to popped out, and i know that it will infect the others. so i call my mech la.. so he tell me, "to be honest la, i also told u already, if the body old liao, rust sure will appear.. den will got hole come out if more worst. if wan to fix leh, u grind it out, cover with wad... den wad... den spray... who knows, mayb half...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience