1,000 RPM
Dec 18, 2004
hi all...
we always saw video...
example there is 'S' turn...

example.. one turn left
then very fast got one turn to right

so this car....
drifting.. powersliding on the first corner...

then very fast.. it like change direction
to the second corner...

how those driver do it?

any drifter here can tell?

p.s. : i still dono how to drift
anyway.. i just curious about this...
so need someone help clear my mind..
thanks

Benz_200T

Known Member
Dec 18, 2004
Ipoh
This is the way...ahak....ahak....

For the first corner....u drift as usual.....(counter to the right)

1. When u reach the second turn(while drifting..example:left turn).....
  2. You have to counter extra plus letting go the gas pedal for a moment(differs from one car to another)....
  3. Then....when the car starts to turn to the right....you have to counter(to the left) the steering fast enough to control the car....
  4. When the car starts to undrift....thats the time you press the gas pedal(differs from one car to another)
  5. Then...u drift the second corner as usual.....
The S-turn is just like doing a big feint(like tengku djan,ah fai, zero lim,zee and etc....)

If you saw the 1.5 danga bay SSO videos....Zee(the white 180sx) spun becos.....
  1. Maybe too much gas....
  2. And maybe the counter from right to left was not fast enough.....the tail went faster than the front....
Sorry Zee.....Just a reference....Sorry....

If the information was wrong....please correct me....

sam1741

1,000 RPM
Dec 18, 2004
oic.. like that
so the point is
to let go the throttle...
then when let go.. the rear tyre will suddently got grip.. so.. can change direction very fast.. then drift again..

really amazing how drifter do these in S turn...
in some type of S turn it might be faster then normal racer taking racing line....

MrNismo

500 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
KL
You can perform the S-drift without having to lift-off the throttle as well. In some cases, the tail will snap back when you ran out of revs/engine power. What causes it to change direction is your spring rebound. This happen mostly on high speed, for eg. Choku-dori on 3rd gear or higher.

Sometimes, loose surface/bad rear grip/too much front grip can cause the car to spin too when changing directions.

sam1741

1,000 RPM
Dec 18, 2004
oic.. .. like that....
sounds complicated...

Benz_200T

Known Member
Dec 18, 2004
Ipoh
ahah

Maybe the technique the mrnismo wrote is for advance drifter.....when u got hold of the release gas pedal...then...u can move up to press the ges pedal...do it step by step.....

MrNismo

500 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
KL
Benz_200T said:
Maybe the technique the mrnismo wrote is for advance drifter.....when u got hold of the release gas pedal...then...u can move up to press the ges pedal...do it step by step.....
Not really for advance drifter, sometimes you need that in an underpowered car too.

WAJA2003

Nov 14, 2003
Shah Alam
Visit site
Errr if make more big angle i think will easy do (fan piu yi) S-drift guaaa...
It auto slide the tail back 1 wohhh...but when i play liddat most is spin 1...not every time can..i mean in sand car park lahh..not extrem park or shah alam car park..

Benz_200T

Known Member
Dec 18, 2004
Ipoh
Good,,but sometimes not that good...

The day before(sunday), when i went for drift training.....on that particular day only, there were 2 accidents...one, the car skidded and hit a big block of rock beside the road.....the car looks like it has a wide body fitted in.....horror.. another one......went into a big drain...luckyly, the rear window smashed and the rear pillar beside the window only kemek.....ayyak...lucky me...nothing happened....but today...my fathers ixus 700 screen broke while i was using it.... die laa......what am i going 2 tell him....i thought that the bad omen only infected my 2 accident friends.....me also kena....ayyak