Celica Club Malaysia

TheSquee

Known Member
Jul 22, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Good afternoon

Im Eric from JPM Motorsport , we are the organizers for the upcoming Super GT 2012 on the 9th n 10th of June at Sepang International Circuit.
We would like invite your club to attend. We have ticket packages of 30 , 50 , 100 tickets. Retail price are at RM100 but if purchased in bulk pricing will be significantly lower. More details in the proposal.

By the way kids below the age of 12 will be able to enter for FREE.

May I know who can i e-mail this proposal to ? :)

Here is a little teaser of what to expect !

2012 Super GT Promo - YouTube

Last edited:

defuser

Known Member
Sep 22, 2005
penang
Hello,

Just wondering if anyone know how much these parts would cost would cost ? for a 2004, gen 7, vvti celica.

1) brake disc, calipers and pads - front and rear
2) suspension arms (basically all the wishbones, trackrods, lower arm etc etc) - for all four corners
3) new clutch

quite a lot of rusty parts on the underside of my celi and was thinking of changing the whole lot, so would like to know how much it will cost

thanks very much guys = )

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
Underbody and the components aren't prone to rust, as the steel quality aren't that easy to rust to start with. unless the car have been exposed to lots of salt and water during its life time before your ownership. The rust may be just on the surface.
I have seen 1st and 2nd gen celicas, with very little rust on the components you have mentioned.

Removed these parts (if can) and give them a good thick coat of underbody paint. With a good layer of protection. these parts could last longer than you.

defuser

Known Member
Sep 22, 2005
penang
Underbody and the components aren't prone to rust, as the steel quality aren't that easy to rust to start with. unless the car have been exposed to lots of salt and water during its life time before your ownership. The rust may be just on the surface.
I have seen 1st and 2nd gen celicas, with very little rust on the components you have mentioned.

Removed these parts (if can) and give them a good thick coat of underbody paint. With a good layer of protection. these parts could last longer than you.
Hi Ken,

Thanks for your reply man, yes it has, planing to bring my celi back from the uk, its 2004 so yea she has seen 10 winters so the underbody is on the rustier side. So i am looking to 'refresh' it thats why I am asking for a ball park figure on how much i might be looking at.

I didnt know all celicas in msia are imports, so slightly worried about part availability

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
Ball park figure? if done in Malaysia, labour and paint would set you back from 3k till 5k. Good underbody paint cost you a lot. Not those
rattle can paint, mind you.

If properly and professionally done, then may need to lift the car using 2-post lift to do the repainting. Surely you can;t be expecting the unker mechanix painting under the car while the car is on jack stand. Too little working space.

defuser

Known Member
Sep 22, 2005
penang
Ball park figure? if done in Malaysia, labour and paint would set you back from 3k till 5k. Good underbody paint cost you a lot. Not those
rattle can paint, mind you.

If properly and professionally done, then may need to lift the car using 2-post lift to do the repainting. Surely you can;t be expecting the unker mechanix painting under the car while the car is on jack stand. Too little working space.
Oh i think you have gotten the wrong impression, i am not looking to completely repaint the underside of my celi with anti-rust paint.

I am looking to replace the suspension members on all for corners of the car, so things like the wishbones, lower arm, uprights, brake calipers, brake discs.

They rest of the car is fine, mint it would say, just that after 10 years of been exposed to road salts during winter, the underbody is quite tired and i want to replace all these parts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I need help ! Why the radio and the clock doesnt working?? But the fuse at the back of the radio is okay,and the fuse in the dashboard is okay,i dont know why
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience