Cefiro A32 suddenly shutdown itself while driving

JasonKam

Known Member

JasonKam

Known Member
Jul 29, 2007
Tmn Kinrara S'2
Hi, im driving Nissan Cefiro A32 with 2.5 engine,few days ago when i was driving back from KLIA2,my car suddenly shutdown itself,when i try to start it again,its running but few minutes it shutdown again...
so i call towing truck to take my car back to puchong,in the next day i start my car,its run like normal...
after tat,i drive from puchong to sg.besi it happen again...
anyone know what happen?
i already changed new fuel filter.....

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
I had problem quite similar years ago on my VR. Mechanic change the fuel pump, it work for a while but off and on it still shut down. Finally one day ECU had problem went to ECU expert to get that repaired then he mentioned the problem I experience was the ECU, not giving signal to the fuel pump. You know what after he repaired the ECU, I never had that problem again.
Not sure if same for your Cefiro....

issuzark

500 RPM

issuzark

500 RPM
Sep 4, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
I had problem quite similar years ago on my VR. Mechanic change the fuel pump, it work for a while but off and on it still shut down. Finally one day ECU had problem went to ECU expert to get that repaired then he mentioned the problem I experience was the ECU, not giving signal to the fuel pump. You know what after he repaired the ECU, I never had that problem again.
Not sure if same for your Cefiro....
Makes me wonder what's the chance of that happening to my car. If ngam ngam ECu spoil.... :driver:

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
Makes me wonder what's the chance of that happening to my car. If ngam ngam ECu spoil.... :driver:
IVee exp engine died on me from two vehicle.
On the merc w124 it was due to the fuel tank got soo much rust that after some drivig the rust block the filter inside the tank and the engine died.wait for a while and it can start again but will jerk.only notice the problem after i cut open the old fuel filter and found out that its clogged by rust particle.so,change the tank.

on my waja,it will just die regardless i was cruising at 100 or stuck in jam.wait a while and can start.this one is due to crank sensor.got another time its jerking and was due to wet ecu connector.

i believe your fuel tank is fiber so it wont be rust.try swapping the ecu and see if it still happen.if it still happen then be happy as u have eliminate the expensive fix.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
i believe your fuel tank is fiber so it wont be rust.try swapping the ecu and see if it still happen.if it still happen then be happy as u have eliminate the expensive fix.
But still don't know what is wrong......hahhahahahhahaha

issuzark

500 RPM

issuzark

500 RPM
Sep 4, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
IVee exp engine died on me from two vehicle.
On the merc w124 it was due to the fuel tank got soo much rust that after some drivig the rust block the filter inside the tank and the engine died.wait for a while and it can start again but will jerk.only notice the problem after i cut open the old fuel filter and found out that its clogged by rust particle.so,change the tank.

on my waja,it will just die regardless i was cruising at 100 or stuck in jam.wait a while and can start.this one is due to crank sensor.got another time its jerking and was due to wet ecu connector.

By swapping a VDO for another VDO makes me feel like a dumb guy. Haih. Found out today my ECU fuse is burnt.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
I also experienced once before but it was a bumper to bumper crawl. Traffic jam. It showed some sign once. Just a blink that all shut off but didnt.
Then I was praying hard please dont die on me at this situation where the traffic jam was real bad after the toll.

Well like they said, the more u think of it the more it will happen. Suddenly really all went black out. I tried a few times to turn the key to crank and no sound at all, nothing.

So i was like shit, no double signal also :banghead: Went down and told the cars behind to go around me instead. Guess I kena curse like mad. Behind me was a bentley GT. So went down, pop the hood and when I opened it, I was surprised to see the engine still running. At that time I was scratching my head and confused.

So to double check, I went to check on my speedometer. It was all lighted up again. Happy me, went in adn continue to drive.
But realised my headlamp not working anymore. Totally both not lighted up. Had to drive with fog lamps only. (which im lucky they are still working.)

My clock and radio or reset-ed. But it was working fine till today. I told my mech and my mech also find it miracle.
Some say it may be some ghost or something that my car can revive itself again.

Maybe I was shot by those electric claws in F&F movies lol.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Actually is price check. Recently I got offered for this at RM1800. Include installation n tuning. Is that ok price?

Also, how good is GAB? Whats your point of view?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience