Cefiro A32 Gearbox Problem - Slow Engage

sb3

1,000 RPM
Apr 22, 2005
soli, me only a humble fatty driver not a mechanic.

MT common problem will be bounce gear, hard engage, slip clutch

Bump: soli, me only a humble fatty driver not a mechanic.

MT common problem will be bounce gear, hard engage, slip clutch
Yeah, it happens. But Mt problem is not as frequent as the AT problem.

Secondhand AT gearbox problem = 1 - 3years (problem starts to occur)

Secondhand MT problem = 5 - 10 years. (problems starts to occur.)

But I suppose , generally Nissan gearboxes r more reliable than some of the Japanese, European and local makes gearboxes. But regular oil change and maintenance of the gearbox is vital also.
During start up , I usually slot from D to 1 pause for every 2 second and back . So far no problems yet . Touch wood!, hehehe..:driver:

ctk22

Known Member
Jan 30, 2006
hmm... seems like a lot of diagnose to be done to the engine vibration issue...

went to a "seemed knowledgeable" mechanic, he's telling me to ignore the AT slow engage first and use it until a few more gear oil change, and maybe it'll get better... He said he has another A32 having similar problem b4 but now considered minimised if not solved.

I'd like to ask, how much engine oil u guys pour into the engine during normal change oil service? Previously there's one mechanic recommend 6 litres but yesterday i changed with less than 5 liters already showed H on the indicator...

arun2121

Known Member
Feb 14, 2007
Mine 4Litre...Castrol magnatec.:driver:

Bump: Have been using 4 Litre for the last 4 years..:smokin:

sb3

1,000 RPM
Apr 22, 2005

went to a "seemed knowledgeable" mechanic, he's telling me to ignore the AT slow engage first and use it until a few more gear oil change, and maybe it'll get better... He said he has another A32 having similar problem b4 but now considered minimised if not solved.

I'd like to ask, how much engine oil u guys pour into the engine during normal change oil service? Previously there's one mechanic recommend 6 litres but yesterday i changed with less than 5 liters already showed H on the indicator...
4 1/2 LITRES.:proud:

polaris

Aug 7, 2008

6 litres and 4 litres is much different leh, mine one also 4 litres ++.................

weikee

500 RPM
Jul 16, 2006
after 1999, nissan g.box are supply by jatco. Jatco its spun from nissan AT/CVT division to a company. before that i think its made by nissan itself. if taken good care and use original oils the AT box are very reliable.

some stories of jatco, before jatco supplies g.box to mitsu, mitsu auto box always got problem. after the take over (jatco takeover mitsu g.box manufacture company), suddenly the mitsu auto box become more reliable and evo got Auto version ..:rofl:

now jatco supplies to many car manufacture that include bmw, subaru, VW, ford. Except honda and toyota.

ctk22

Known Member
Jan 30, 2006
so, a 3 litre engine apparent needs 4~5 liters of engine oil only huh?

Looks like i was cheated by the prev so-called "cefiro expert" mechanic. No wonder everytime i check the indicator, it always showed very high level, i thought i was me that dunno how to read.
But strange, not oil spill over even used it for more than 7000km...

Just for update, changed the spark plugs to ori NGK ones, costs a BOMB!! It was RM45/pc!! for 6 pcs it's RM270!! WOW!!!
The box came with Nissan logo on it and the label stated it's for A32 V6...
RM45 man!! can get a box of normal platinum with this one piece only...

Bump: Yesterday the engine produced some knocking feel during idling, or when the car just about to stop during braking. Since changed new plugs, so could it be some sensors that dirty or fault?

Scared of stopping at road side ler!!

seizai

500 RPM
Jul 27, 2005
Kuala Lumpur

Looks like i was cheated by the prev so-called "cefiro expert" mechanic. No wonder everytime i check the indicator, it always showed very high level, i thought i was me that dunno how to read.

Just for update, changed the spark plugs to ori NGK ones, costs a BOMB!! It was RM45/pc!! for 6 pcs it's RM270!! WOW!!!

Bump: Yesterday the engine produced some knocking feel during idling, or when the car just about to stop during braking. Since changed new plugs, so could it be some sensors that dirty or fault?

wah.. wat plug is that?

last year nov, I bought 6pcs ngk eridium only rm210...

BLANk

1,500 RPM
Dec 28, 2007
Sardine
www.zerotohundred.com
because the platinum spark plug box was came with Nissan logo on it....bro may knw where you bought it....frm nissan SC?...as i knw,copper spark plug box tat come with nissan logo oso alrdy rm105 something frm nissan SC...

seizai

500 RPM
Jul 27, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
because the platinum spark plug box was came with Nissan logo on it....bro may knw where you bought it....frm nissan SC?...as i knw,copper spark plug box tat come with nissan logo oso alrdy rm105 something frm nissan SC...
that logo sure costly :proud:

i bought from one of d seller here.

sb3

1,000 RPM
Apr 22, 2005

Engine knock usually occur during acceleration or under load, R u sure ur engine knock during idle and decelaration .its quite serious if it knocks during idle.:confused:

Bump:

The oil will not spill over if its overfilled but u will feel ur engine slightly heavier and probably that would result of the knocking sound . It could be due to the hidraulic lifters floating. If possible drain the oil to the coorect level . :smokin:

weikee

500 RPM
Jul 16, 2006
if engine oil are too much, your engine power will be less, and also when you accelerate ur exhaust will have white smoke this will kill ur Cat very fast.

polaris

Aug 7, 2008
if engine oil are too much, your engine power will be less, and also when you accelerate ur exhaust will have white smoke this will kill ur Cat very fast.
Hi guys, what is the grade of engine oil suitable for 10 years cefiro? 20/50? The engine oil should be more thick since 10 years car already?

Bump:
Hi guys, what is the grade of engine oil suitable for 10 years cefiro? 20/50? The engine oil should be more thick since 10 years car already?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

i remembered I did saw a pic that shows a kancil with the 1300cc K3-VET engine. I would like to ask is that really possible? No problem with the JPJ?

So one K3-VET + installation worksmanship is how much? I also need BOV, intercooler, turbo timer, piggyback ecu remap and all this dashboard meter thingie.....

So if we can install the engine, what about the gearbox? can install also? I wondered if it has CVT..... Also I would like to ask if we can strengthen the gearbox and install...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience