Carburetor Section

Deadnight

Known Member
Nov 1, 2007
fellas.. do you guys know what year was the last engine Mitsu produce for the 4g91 carb.. in other words.. how old is the engine..

and how do i know how old is my engine?

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
fellas.. do you guys know what year was the last engine Mitsu produce for the 4g91 carb.. in other words.. how old is the engine..

and how do i know how old is my engine?
if ur car havent transplanted any engines yet, ur engine is as old as ur car... but the technology is of coz much older than ur car....

as for what year is the last batch of mitsu 4g91 carbs, i not sure...

Deadnight

Known Member
Nov 1, 2007
another question..

i bought the 91 carb with computer box.. installed it to my car with the comp box..

so wat does the comp box actually do for the 91 carb? what is its function?

faeizal

500 RPM
Apr 21, 2004
Visit site
hpe to find some answers here...

dunno why but sometimes my car act weird... happened today...

idling becomes erratic... stop at junction and the car dies off... after green light rev a bit but the car was like choking for abt 200 meters before it surprisingly operate normally... drove for a while and it was ok....

but then... when i was negotiating a very tight bend (almost like a u-turn)... dropped 5th to 4th gear... and the car started choking again... was doing about 80km/h that time..

why may be the problem...

distributor?
carbie?
coil?

fstr

7,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Apr 19, 2004
Sahara Desert
fuel pump, petrol filter, petrol hose, distributor...

fm your description, there isnt enough fuel being feed to da carb..

faeizal

500 RPM
Apr 21, 2004
Visit site
fuel pump, petrol filter, petrol hose, distributor...

fm your description, there isnt enough fuel being feed to da carb..
did clean the distributor coz found some trace of oil in it... petrol filter is new (4 months old)... will check the other...

i'm planning to hv the carbie serviced... in such a thing... what will they do actually... out of curiousity...

fstr

7,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Apr 19, 2004
Sahara Desert
serbis carb is very vague by some foremans, they will just spray inside and then close it with the palm and rev it 9 9... thats easy for them cos some just plain dont like to clean a carb.

for those mechs who really cleans it, they will dismantle inside out of the carb to check everything.

faeizal

500 RPM
Apr 21, 2004
Visit site
fstrader... how much will it cost actually to tear apart the carbie plus servicing...???
u know any reputable place to do this...???

Darth

Known Member
May 10, 2005
Selangor
skywalker....sume oem carb from japan wan were equipped with computer box...but the correct term is CPU-carburetor Program Unit.....i've seen it....the purpose of it is can alter AFR byit self using the input from EGT...
...thats why if,using the carb without the electronic thingy...your afr willrich and suffer on hi petrol lor....i've been on that situation(been there,done that..hehehe)...lastly fedup...using carb that no need electric thingy...let say like weber.....hehehehe....

Last edited:

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
skywalker....sume oem carb from japan wan were equipped with computer box...but the correct term is CPU-carburetor Program Unit.....i've seen it....the purpose of it is can alter AFR byit self using the input from EGT...
...thats why if,using the carb without the electronic thingy...your afr willrich and suffer on hi petrol lor....i've been on that situation(been there,done that..hehehe)...lastly fedup...using carb that no need electric thingy...let say like weber.....hehehehe....

ohh.... soli soli... i still using stoneage carbs...

but i've read about holley carbs before... their carbs have computer box... not sure what they control though....

shah5755

Known Member
Apr 20, 2007
Pj....kch
adjust throttle cannot increase power... can increase throttle response only...
u wanna mod ur ori carb to increase engine performance, find unker fred... he can help u...[/QUOTE]

who is unker fred hehe i'm in kch so can he help :rolleyes: my fren suggest to change it to 4 throttle so anybody hv xperince???

amrancharger

500 RPM
Jul 19, 2006
er..can i ask sumthg?can carb cars used the iridium sparkplugs?a fren of mine said iridium is not suitable for carb engine...izit thru??

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
who is unker fred hehe i'm in kch so can he help :rolleyes: my fren suggest to change it to 4 throttle so anybody hv xperince???
unker fred is fstrader... zth forumer....
4 throttle is for fuel injection lar.... or what ur friend meant was twin carb??...

er..can i ask sumthg?can carb cars used the iridium sparkplugs?a fren of mine said iridium is not suitable for carb engine...izit thru??
absolutely wrong... any car can use iridium plug... ignition and carburetor doesnt interfere with each other....

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

This is a year 2007 Honda City, with more than 8 years of abuse from mother nature and the intense pollutions from Kuala Lumpur, it was sent for a repaint a few months ago. Custom painted to a black and white theme, the roof, grill and some trim where black while the rest of the car is a pearl white. After a few months of paint curing, we...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience