Car window smashed at SS24 pasar malam

trex92

500 RPM
Aug 10, 2004
KL
Visit site
Geez, went to pasar malam and food court at Tmn Megah SS24 with some friends. When we came back to my fren's car, his back window the little triangle piece of glass was smashed. He left a pouch on the back seat at it was stolen. The thing is, his car is an old Wira and because he knew that the pouch no valuables, he just left it there. Mana tau window smashed and kena stolen... So lesson to us, never leave anything such as pouch or bags in the open even though nothing inside. ALthough his car was parked in a side lane, but many cars were passing through that road too. Seems these days, criminals are getting desperate for RM...

nicteh

Known Member
Jan 27, 2005
KL
agreed! even thought park at the road side which many cars will pass by they will smash your car windows. DONT EVER leave valuable things inside.

nicteh

Known Member
Jan 27, 2005
KL
what gadjets to detects? tell me, im 1 of the guy who lost labtop.

adrianltm

Known Member
Jun 3, 2005
Cheras
hahaha so everytime i will bring all my valueable together one if lets say pouch i will leave it under the seat

superglwl

Known Member
May 25, 2005
K.L
the gadget thing use to detact the laptop in the trunk works by detacting current flow........ i think if you take out the batt...meaning disconnect it would be fine already....but dunno bout the small 3 V batt in the notebook still detactable or not

nicteh

Known Member
Jan 27, 2005
KL
ya, i heard the police said detection will activate from your notebook battery. superglwl, u very smart even the 3V batt u also consider..haha!

gloss

1,500 RPM
May 23, 2005
SJ
wow... soli to ur fren man... no matter how careful v r, crimes may juz happen ler..its out of our control, i wonder h effective is d authority nowadays, r they carrying out their duties? haha... big questions marks... juz finally, b careful ur self lar... ok bro? v cant stop crime, juz can prevent it lor... me oso kena once... hai... better dun tink... sad... haha

trex92

500 RPM
Aug 10, 2004
KL
Visit site
yeah... that night i had a nightmare that someone broke into my car and stole my stuff,... so in the end, i sold off my SAFC... kekekekeke... scared liao...

nuggyn

Known Member
Feb 12, 2004
trex,

"He left a pouch on the back seat at it was stolen. The thing is, his car is an old Wira and because he knew that the pouch no valuables, he just left it there. "

this is the problem with a lot of people....they think that just because their bag or pouch has nothing in it, it is OK to leave it visible in the car (such as on the car seat). Never assume that all thieves know that your bag or pouch is empty.

one of my former colik learned his lesson well, he though it was OK to leave his empty bag on the cat seat. Later his right windscreen was smash and his EMPTY BAG was stolen.

please use some common sense in future.

acbc

4,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2004
KD
There NO such thing as a laptop detection device... thieves here not very high tech... they just wait and see who puts a laptop in the car boot or carries a laptop bag into the car.

I've seen how they operate... so simple until you could not imagine it... they hang out at mamak stalls or just sit around and observe around. The moment they spot a potential victim, they will SMS or call their contacts to watch for the following:

1. Car make / model
2. Car plate
3. No. of passengers
4. No. of bags

Other contacts will then follow you around and wait for the right chance. It is so well-planned to make it less suspicious.

Once you reach the destination, they will wait until you leave the vehicle unattended. They will survey the vehicle 1 round and also the surrounding area. When the right time comes, they do the inevitable... *SMASH* *GRAB* *RUN*

Stolen laptops are disposed off at auction sites such as Lelong, eBay or public forums. Always insist of the original receipt from the seller when buying 2nd hand goods.

A friend of mine found his laptop for sale in Lelong a few years ago. He called up the seller and make a deal to meet up. Unknowingly, he has set up the meeting together with the police. Together they ambushed the seller who later admitted that he was told to sell the goods by a syndicate (who has been operating for more than 10 years!). How did he identify the laptop? Simple... my friend is a heavy smoker... he smokes everywhere and left a burning mark on the laptop (days before it was stolen) - near the touchpad. The stupid seller posted the pics online with a remark, "Some burn marks".

trex92

500 RPM
Aug 10, 2004
KL
Visit site
nuggyn said:
trex,

"He left a pouch on the back seat at it was stolen. The thing is, his car is an old Wira and because he knew that the pouch no valuables, he just left it there. "

this is the problem with a lot of people....they think that just because their bag or pouch has nothing in it, it is OK to leave it visible in the car (such as on the car seat). Never assume that all thieves know that your bag or pouch is empty.

one of my former colik learned his lesson well, he though it was OK to leave his empty bag on the cat seat. Later his right windscreen was smash and his EMPTY BAG was stolen.

please use some common sense in future.
Dude, should i forward MY FRIEND'S number to you to call and tell?

nuggyn

Known Member
Feb 12, 2004
trex,

no need lah....i'm sure he has learned his lesson well by now. hehe!

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi,

I'm soon to be in receipt of a Suzuki Vitara - not the best of cars i know, but beggars can't be choosers.

Basically, it's got an amp, sub, alpine MP3/iPod player, but i want to go a lot further than this.

I'd like to know if anyone has a built in computer (not a car computer, a real one, like "Shuttle" which do small cube PC's). http://www.microdirect.co.uk/productinfo.aspx?ProductID=14767&GroupID=0...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience