Car startup issue

sweelt

2,000 RPM
Nov 6, 2016
Penang
Since last time is like that hahaha. Even after full overhaul last year also like that lol. Suspect is nozzle clogged or leaking (where to do nozzle ultrasonic In penang?)
wild guess, was your fuel pump priming when key ON ?

brokenjars

Known Member
Jun 7, 2012
Kedah
wild guess, was your fuel pump priming when key ON ?
can hear it prime for 1-2 seconds then quiet. Tried after prime immediately turn, after prime 20 seconds only turn, no wait prime immediately turn, all can start the car. Also all same result, the car will die immediately afterwards. Very rarely it will stumble till almost 0 rpm then somehow manage to go back up the rpm and idle.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
can hear it prime for 1-2 seconds then quiet. Tried after prime immediately turn, after prime 20 seconds only turn, no wait prime immediately turn, all can start the car. Also all same result, the car will die immediately afterwards. Very rarely it will stumble till almost 0 rpm then somehow manage to go back up the rpm and idle.
I still think this is something to do with the coolant temp sensor and your ECU. Cuz warmed up the car no issue - I suspect the cold start management of the ECU is not working properly somehow.

brokenjars

Known Member
Jun 7, 2012
Kedah
I still think this is something to do with the coolant temp sensor and your ECU. Cuz warmed up the car no issue - I suspect the cold start management of the ECU is not working properly somehow.
Comes to think about it, it might be the coolent temp not detected by the ecu. When started in cold, the idle is at 950 rpm. Supposed to be higher i think. After warm up, it will go down to 850.

How do i check whether the ecu is detecting or the coolant temp is not faulty?

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Comes to think about it, it might be the coolent temp not detected by the ecu. When started in cold, the idle is at 950 rpm. Supposed to be higher i think. After warm up, it will go down to 850.

I don't think you can with stock ECU unless you have some sort of diagnostic tool. And you're right, cold idle is usually higher.

You mentioned you changed your coolant temp sensor recently right?

brokenjars

Known Member
Jun 7, 2012
Kedah
I don't think you can with stock ECU unless you have some sort of diagnostic tool. And you're right, cold idle is usually higher.

You mentioned you changed your coolant temp sensor recently right?
Yup it was changed. Also there are change in the temperature meter when car warms up. Im thinking...maybe i should clean the throttle body first. Will spray one can of throttle body cleaner into it tonight.

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka

If its not reading accurately then no error code will pop up. Error code will only pop up when the reading is out of spec.

On my Waja if the engine or gearbox is not behaving normally then all it needs is just a complete tune up.
If i am lucky, it will sort itself out after driving it for few days straight. If this does not happen then have to pay Proton RM60.

Experienced mech/tech knows how to determine whats wrong by reading live data from the ecu.

brokenjars

Known Member
Jun 7, 2012
Kedah
I think i cannot reset my ecu. Its already got a piggyback.. later reset d all my settings run away

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
Im using emanage blue. I took my car for dyno tuning last year and asked the tuning, he said its not due to the piggyback.
Like many experienced car guys in ZTH said, Emanage is also known as EDamage, i am not sure how old was your ECU but do get second opinion.

Reactions: Izso

Tom

TIMETOATTACK
Helmet Clan
Jul 6, 2000
Kuala Lumpur
My car if shutoff for too long it will have this one small issue. Basically after shutoff for >8 hours, on first start up it will always die immediately if i didnt press the gas a bit. To prevent this everytime after shutoff for more than 8 hours, when i turn the key need to give it a bit of gas then only ok.
Thanks
Could this be related to a bad crank angle sensor?

Im using emanage blue. I took my car for dyno tuning last year and asked the tuning, he said its not due to the piggyback.
Like many experienced car guys in ZTH said, Emanage is also known as EDamage, i am not sure how old was your ECU but do get second opinion.
Are you running any custom sensors? can the EManage be bypassed?

brokenjars

Known Member
Jun 7, 2012
Kedah
Why is it EDamage ya? I do not know the stories regarding this..

brokenjars

Known Member
Jun 7, 2012
Kedah
Could this be related to a bad crank angle sensor?

I dont think so..bad crank angle sensor will cause issues everytime during startup.

Are you running any custom sensors? can the EManage be bypassed?
No custom sensors. Perhaps some tuners here can commend on this?

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
Why is it EDamage ya? I do not know the stories regarding this..
Edamage stories i'd heard that it will fry your stock ECU, other cases like the stock ECU will revert to stock settings while ignoring Emanage.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

helo members,

my gf Sony Ericsson juz kena 'rampas' by a motor in front of Setapak Ria Condo..Setapak here juz now..

HP is Sony Erisccon W550i the latest walkman handphone....the casing is white color and it is original set...

juz 4 days old so it look 100% new

IMEI number is 35744200-425312-9

Let me know if anyone found this...thanks

Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience