car spray-painted. how to remove?

poolupwai

Oct 13, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
Dear Sifus,

My car has been vandalised with spray paint dis morning. and its barely 1 month old!! :bawling:

I wonder if any sifus out here can advise on the correct method to remove the paint without respraying the whole car? it has never been waxed nor polished before, just the fresh coat of paint right out from the factory.

here's how it looks like:

please help!! thanks in advance...

K3N

Nov 7, 2007
compounding would remove them....no worries

poolupwai

Oct 13, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
K3N,

thanks for the advice. but does compunding works on d rear lights? and the emblems too? he seem to purposely spray on the "CPS 1.6" and LOTUS emblem.

K3N

Nov 7, 2007
can...lots of patience and elbow grease will get rid of them...
Debadge the affected emblem and do it patiently

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
Wow you offended anyone?

anyways, try compounding/polishing. Start with the least aggressive. But since it's all over, you might want to send to detailing shop? Or else you'll be tired if do without machine...

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
You can do compounding then polishing but need to use a rotary to be effective as your hand is not fast enough like a machine.

Those that did this really deserve to die. Simply go vandalize other people's property.

poolupwai

Oct 13, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
K3N,

patience i do have, but time is not on my side. i would rather send it ot a detailing shop for the guys to get rid of the major ones, while i'll handle d itsy-bitsy parts myself...

Veloc,

i'm the type that would rather stay away from a fight than start one. As can be seen from the above picture, i did not block any vehicles other than those in my own house. the car is parked as it is since i got home last nite until i woke up to go to work this morning. so this is a case of unprovoked vandalism... :mad: will report to police later and let justice runs it course.

but wat is done is done, i just wana concentrate on repairing the damages done. i will consider sending it to a detailing shop to have it done. thanks for the advice, bro. :adore:

---------- Post added at 01:09 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 01:01 PM ----------

TitanRev,

Thanks bro, for the advice... my hands r not that fast unless i do alot of "syiok sendiri" exercise... (u knw wat i mean :biggrin: )

its a new car, for god's sake!!! hope he rot faster than gardenia bread... :mad:

s1tl

1,000 RPM
Jul 13, 2010
Ipoh/KL
PM muyo, he can settle for u =) if u wan, pm me i give u his hp number =D

poolupwai

Oct 13, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
s1tl,

thanks for the advice bro. i got it done on that evening already. dont want any delay as damage is harder to remove by the minutes.

muyo,

unfortunately, he is a so-called educated high-ranking banking official who stoop to such low heights to do such acts on young ppl like me. obviously being highly educated does not mean anything to him. ooh, bro muyo, r u a detailer too?

all,

thanks for all your valuable advices. i have collected my car last night n i must say the detailer did a very good job in recovering my car. what they did was compound + polishing the whole car to remove the top layer of paint and as a finale, they add on beading coat (was it called that?) to protect the remaining white paint. total damage is rm6xx which is believe is very worth the time and effort (they spent 10+hours on the car). now 98% of the car is free from the green paint, whilst d remaining 2% are hidden in nooks and crannies which are not so easily noticeable by eyes.

again, im really glad that all u brothers come over and render me your valuable advices. its great to have u guys around. :proud:

p/s: hope the bastard pee his pants later when the police comes around later in the evening. :proud: cheers!

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
s1tl,

thanks for the advice bro. i got it done on that evening already. dont want any delay as damage is harder to remove by the minutes.

muyo,

unfortunately, he is a so-called educated high-ranking banking official who stoop to such low heights to do such acts on young ppl like me. obviously being highly educated does not mean anything to him. ooh, bro muyo, r u a detailer too?

all,

thanks for all your valuable advices. i have collected my car last night n i must say the detailer did a very good job in recovering my car. what they did was compound + polishing the whole car to remove the top layer of paint and as a finale, they add on beading coat (was it called that?) to protect the remaining white paint. total damage is rm6xx which is believe is very worth the time and effort (they spent 10+hours on the car). now 98% of the car is free from the green paint, whilst d remaining 2% are hidden in nooks and crannies which are not so easily noticeable by eyes.

again, im really glad that all u brothers come over and render me your valuable advices. its great to have u guys around. :proud:

p/s: hope the bastard pee his pants later when the police comes around later in the evening. :proud: cheers!
Haha... Muyo is like a paint reviver... See his thread on detailing a camry :biggrin:. Oh by the way,

Dear sifus here, our friend here did the job for RM6xx! Is that the normal rate for detailing? How much is a full detail? I mean... I don't know because here at my place, normal soft waxing is charged at RM80 per car for normal sedan and cutting wax is charged at at RM160 for sedan. So I thought detailing is around that line but a little higher. Say RM300? Haha... Sorry for my noobness...

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
errr...detailling i'm sure not only consist waxing..maybe thats the reason price was "more" than usual one time job :adore:

poolupwai

Oct 13, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
erm... d price might be a bit steep, but as explained by the detailer,

"the damage is so deep (the spray so kaw, until the proton logo oso barely visible) that we need to compund n polish for 5-6 times to totally remove all all the green paints. the polishing part will be rm4xx, add on another rm2xx for the coating (to protect the thinning layer of original white paint)... so total rm6xx. all these include free interior leather polish + 3 times free car wash... :fisheye:"

overall im very satisfied with the results, but as mentioned Veloc n pomenGTR, d prices might be lower (i duno... im noob in this too...)

p/s: i'd like to think my car has undergone a "rescue operation" rather than just plain detailing procedures, so that might have justified the high price. sifus, pls advice... =)

mick87

500 RPM
Apr 19, 2009
i guess this time you need to cover your car each time you go home! This time I think you need to be more alert when you see suspicious person walk near your car.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

can anyone pls help me, i have done twice top overhall hall...for my vitara 1.6, 8 valve 3 door....when i drive my car just after 1 week after change all...quarter is lost of the black oil...im fustrated...pls help need advice :bawling:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience