car polish , wax , compound and all over maintenance!!

Nov 13, 2014
los angeles
i am just wandering for some polish , wax or compounds. i just bought a used range rover. its 2012 model and new alike. i am very curious about the shine and outer look of my car. i have applied many waxes and polishes but don't get any appropriate results. please advice some new waxes and polishes. i need your advice asap. ideas and comments will be appreciated.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
i am just wandering for some polish , wax or compounds. i just bought a used range rover. its 2012 model and new alike. i am very curious about the shine and outer look of my car. i have applied many waxes and polishes but don't get any appropriate results. please advice some new waxes and polishes. i need your advice asap. ideas and comments will be appreciated.
Shiny smooth surface is all in the prep. Waxes just protects the surface, so if you just apply wax over an un-prep surface you are just protecting whatever dirt that is still there.
You will need compound if you going to remove swirls and imperfection and you will need a rotary to do it. By hand needs lots of elbow grease.

Best if doing by hand, get a clay bar. After your wash, clay the whole car. Clay will remove surface contaminats. After clay, use polish or paint cleaner, this will clean off dirt the clay cannot remove. After this your paint surface should be smooth and shiny already. This is the time to apply your wax over it for protection.....:biggrin:

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
Or do it like i did;
-Wash the car properly.remove all stain there is on the body.use a bit of pressure on the bumper.wipe the car dry.
-use a polish.i have a clay bar but only my bro uses it.its effective but i only uses polish.cheap polish like soft 99 have quite strong power to remove dirt.take your time,do a panel at a time.i did it 3 panel at a time.Lower door,behind all 4 tires,bumpers and front bonnet are the part i took most of the time.only apply a thin layer.
-when the polish is removed,relaxed and have a cigarette or tea.inspect the car all around to see if u miss anything or some dirt still sticking.
-apply a layer of wax.currently i am using turtle wax platinum.very easy to use and can be applied on plastic too.for best result,buff abit.

anyway,i am just basic detailing guy.u wont belive what others did.

the easy part is the big panel.fyi i also wax and polish the inner doo panel,sill and area that i can reach on the bonet.
dont forget to clean wax or polish residue on the panel gap.

sometimes its not the brand of the wax or polish.its the quality of work.it will consume time but its worth it esp when someone said 'cantik bang,hantar kedai mana?'.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Or do it like i did;
-Wash the car properly.remove all stain there is on the body.use a bit of pressure on the bumper.wipe the car dry.
-use a polish.i have a clay bar but only my bro uses it.its effective but i only uses polish.cheap polish like soft 99 have quite strong power to remove dirt.take your time,do a panel at a time.i did it 3 panel at a time.Lower door,behind all 4 tires,bumpers and front bonnet are the part i took most of the time.only apply a thin layer.
-when the polish is removed,relaxed and have a cigarette or tea.inspect the car all around to see if u miss anything or some dirt still sticking.
-apply a layer of wax.currently i am using turtle wax platinum.very easy to use and can be applied on plastic too.for best result,buff abit.

anyway,i am just basic detailing guy.u wont belive what others did.

the easy part is the big panel.fyi i also wax and polish the inner doo panel,sill and area that i can reach on the bonet.
dont forget to clean wax or polish residue on the panel gap.

sometimes its not the brand of the wax or polish.its the quality of work.it will consume time but its worth it esp when someone said 'cantik bang,hantar kedai mana?'.
He might not understand. Stated that he from Los Angeles.....:biggrin:

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
Haha..didnt notice that.
anyway,have to agree with u,the surface is the most important.
which is also why its easy for me to restore the shine on my car.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Haha..didnt notice that.
anyway,have to agree with u,the surface is the most important.
which is also why its easy for me to restore the shine on my car.
Before getting deeper into auto detailing I was like you. Kit black can was my favorite.....:biggrin:

alexturner

Nov 13, 2014
los angeles
thanks all for your valuable ideas and reviews. i will surely make all these in mind. however, i want to share something with you guys that i come to know about, actually it is regarding a wax product that is well known as "FUKKEN WAX". i saw very impressive reviews from various sites. please go through from the site of "FUKKEN WAX " AND DO SHARE YOUR REVIEWS. thanks in advance.

Attachments

Last edited:

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
What is so good, I don't see any water beading? I have a similar cleaning spray wax of another brand, doesn't work well, and now collecting dust....

alexturner

Nov 13, 2014
los angeles
yeah , its right IZSO. but we need results from a product !!!!! we should not have any kind of business with the product name !!!!lolll

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
What is so good, I don't see any water beading? I have a similar cleaning spray wax of another brand, doesn't work well, and now collecting dust....
LOL No wonder is a Fukkin Wax...:rofl:
Even Soft 99 wax I get some beadings even though not those really like alien eggs beads...but have beads..:biggrin:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
And soft 99 cleans too......:biggrin:
Ya tried it. Use the Soft99 wax, just some force, can clean dirts...
But I think should try use Soft99 polish to clean 1st.

Like mentioned use polish clean 1st then use wax to protect.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Ya tried it. Use the Soft99 wax, just some force, can clean dirts...
But I think should try use Soft99 polish to clean 1st.

Like mentioned use polish clean 1st then use wax to protect.
Soft99 is AIO already, only a bit abrasive and since AIO less protection....:biggrin: