Car Paint

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Been coming across this local paint brand called HIPIC. Seems rather popular these days, anybody got experience with it?

fazidk

3,000 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
Been coming across this local paint brand called HIPIC. Seems rather popular these days, anybody got experience with it?
HIPIC is a local product (like CARMIX)..they're quite aggressive wiz their promo n I notice (from their yearly catalogues that I receive they keep coming up wiz new/upgraded product..mainly their lacquer..quality wise IMHO is quite good tho slightly costly (but stil cheaper then glasurit which is ridiculously pricey)

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
HIPIC is a local product (like CARMIX)..they're quite aggressive wiz their promo n I notice (from their yearly catalogues that I receive they keep coming up wiz new/upgraded product..mainly their lacquer..quality wise IMHO is quite good tho slightly costly (but stil cheaper then glasurit which is ridiculously pricey)
My own research tells me they are now part of the Axalta (which was formerly Dupont with a new name). If Dupont bought them up, their products must be at the very least acceptable. Where possible I would choose to support local products/services if their quality is on par.

Thank you for the education brother. Appreciate it.

Btw, how does a painter such as yourself know the color to mix? For example, I say I want Mercedes Polar Silver on the CLA on my Proton.

Do you tembak (mixing yourself), or is there a formula to it? Or you just buy the paint by telling the paint supplier and they already have the paint codes?

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Btw, how does a painter such as yourself know the color to mix? For example, I say I want Mercedes Polar Silver on the CLA on my Proton.

Do you tembak (mixing yourself), or is there a formula to it? Or you just buy the paint by telling the paint supplier and they already have the paint codes?
As far as I know if there is ready made ones with code can just buy. If car paint is old and needs touch up, normally the paint shop mix, that is why you will see they remove the petrol shield/door send to paint shop....

fazidk

3,000 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
My own research tells me they are now part of the Axalta (which was formerly Dupont with a new name). If Dupont bought them up, their products must be at the very least acceptable. Where possible I would choose to support local products/services if their quality is on par.

Thank you for the education brother. Appreciate it.

Usually d paint code is required or else d color name is oso can...unless if it's a custom color mixing is done based on d formula...

Last edited:

fazidk

3,000 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
As far as I know if there is ready made ones with code can just buy. If car paint is old and needs touch up, normally the paint shop mix, that is why you will see they remove the petrol shield/door send to paint shop....
Usually la d pre-mixed ones are for 1k paint..

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Usually la d pre-mixed ones are for 1k paint..
In your personal opinion, in our climate, what do you consider the best brand of clearcoat system? Of course, only the ones you've worked with.

fazidk

3,000 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
In your personal opinion, in our climate, what do you consider the best brand of clearcoat system? Of course, only the ones you've worked with.
Best brand??hmmmmm that's a tricky one...clearcoat comes in 2 main grades..MS n HS...I've used:
- DuPont (I x really like to use their range of lacquer/clearcoat)
- carmix (#2)
- Alessco (#2)
- hippic (I've only used this brand twice but quality is quite good)
- glasurit (this wld be my #1 choice if d price x so ridiculously high)..

And on top of that used some basic quality in-house brands (quality wise these u can forget about)..

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Best brand??hmmmmm that's a tricky one...clearcoat comes in 2 main grades..MS n HS...I've used:
- DuPont (I x really like to use their range of lacquer/clearcoat)
- carmix (#2)
- Alessco (#2)
- hippic (I've only used this brand twice but quality is quite good)
- glasurit (this wld be my #1 choice if d price x so ridiculously high)..

And on top of that used some basic quality in-house brands (quality wise these u can forget about)..
You pay for what you get........lol

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Kimi Raikkonen got close to Heikki Kovalainen's new lap record set yesterday, but fell short by less than two-tenths of a second with a best lap of 1:11.189s in his Ferrari F2008. Kovalainen was right on the pace again today at the Valencia circuit, lapping just 0.017s slower than the defending world champion...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience