car no. plate swaping? how?

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
hi guys and all,

I'm thinking of swapping my old toyota car with a new bought and registered motorbike. I heard that before swapping can be done, the car needed to be checked by the relevant authorities, etc....

I oso have an issue, my car right now in workshop for repair and wont finish until 3-4 month due to limited financial support. Is there any way i can swapped the plates first??

How is this done? can anyone recommend me a runner, to help out the procedure?

Thanks a million in advance...

mag9556

2,000 RPM
Jul 11, 2006
Need to go for inspection la...
If dun kopi oh will be very kaw oh...
Runner?? where is your location now??
Ask the motobike shop boss to kaw tim it for u since u buy motobike from him...he can settle it...
Good Luck..

Last edited:

kelvio

1,000 RPM
Jan 16, 2005
selangor
www.geocities.com
hmmm u cannot just use ur old car number for ur motorbike without buying a new number for ur car

if u planning of buying a new number then ok,
go to jpj tell them u wanna buy a new number for ur old car and the old number wanna swap to ur bike(ur bike must be new and not registered to a new number yet)
u must pay some fee then they will issue ur car a new roadtax and etcetc

mokomoko

500 RPM
Feb 20, 2006
ride illegally for a short period of time? (not recommended)
If you don't travel far and don't look and act like a rempit i guess it should be alright (still not recommended)

kk13

1,000 RPM
Oct 29, 2005
yeah they will change you a small fee but not much...and yeah riding illegally is not recommended, haha

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
ok, ok thanks.

Let me explain again.

I will buy a new motobike with a new registered no. plate. The plate will be swapped with my old car no. plate. Both vehicle will be under my name.

The big question is can I swap both no. without sending my old car for inspection? I don't want to go thru the trouble as my car is halfway finish (repair and restore), due to my present financial problem

kk13

1,000 RPM
Oct 29, 2005
tat will be a problem because

new plate can go on an old car, but an old plate cannot go on an old car..

so u can't do that...

mag9556

2,000 RPM
Jul 11, 2006
ok, ok thanks.

Let me explain again.

I will buy a new motobike with a new registered no. plate. The plate will be swapped with my old car no. plate. Both vehicle will be under my name.

The big question is can I swap both no. without sending my old car for inspection? I don't want to go thru the trouble as my car is halfway finish (repair and restore), due to my present financial problem
hahahaha...I think they all get confused with ur problem...

anyway, inspection is a must...except u can kaw tim the jpj at ur side...
worst come to worst, patient 1st lor...
good luck..

m@ttz

1,500 RPM
May 7, 2006
klang
mag9556, so how to do eh?? wat docs needed?? last time my fren also done dis, bought new motorbike n swap the plate no. wit his EG9, so his vtec become new, haha.. but lost his contact already..

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

[FONT=&quot]

It’s quite an occasion when something that emits pure motoring hits the decade mark, and that’s precisely the case as Ariel’s bare-to-the-bones sports car, the Atom, turns 10. To mark kick start the party, Ariel joined forces with Mugen’s European office to churn out a special edition (read: limited) model of the...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience