Car expert please help. Camber adjusting.i feel conned!

kokanChai

Known Member
May 2, 2005
A small Town in
My car honda insight. just reached 10k mileage.

After the service.i plan to bring to any tayar shop just do the wheel alignment.

Cause honda SC charge me RM60.

Outside only RM25, while waiting,the mechanic told me my chamber Hv run out.

Need to do.the adjustment which cost the chamber nut and workman ship RM90 each side.

For both side rm180.

I feel that he conning me. Because i say my car is still new. He show me look at the monitor display.

It say ++number it shown it run out. If you don't do it will Makan tayar.

So guys. Is necessary to do that?

Moreover
I really dislike the idea of putting chamber nut. If really the case we need to adjust the chamber, why the car manuFacturer dont put it in the 1st place? I have a feeling, is only a conn tactic by the tire shop to earn more...

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
For new car like that, you should instead just claim to the Honda SC if it's really camber misaligned. Many tire alignment shops will try con customers to buy those camber bolts, so don't easily fall for that. If possible you should ask for the print out to proof that the camber indeed not proper and show it to the Honda SC.

nyantong

Known Member
Jul 26, 2008
Bro, tyre shops need to cari makan that's why every car which goes for alignment needs a camber nut. 90 bucks for a piece of screw... what is that made of, titanium??? Besides, most modern passenger car these days don't need camber screw because they are designed to run without em. Best to just let honda sc do the alignment job for RM60 rather than get conned for triple the amount

kokanChai

Known Member
May 2, 2005
A small Town in
Bro, tyre shops need to cari makan that's why every car which goes for alignment needs a camber nut. 90 bucks for a piece of screw... what is that made of, titanium??? Besides, most modern passenger car these days don't need camber screw because they are designed to run without em. Best to just let honda sc do the alignment job for RM60 rather than get conned for triple the amount

But I Aldri did the Alignment without do the camber adjust.

The guy feel unhappy,when I say no :)

crazykatak

500 RPM
Mar 1, 2006
Subang Jaya
honda SC never adjust camber unless the camber screw was replaced with an adjustable camber screw.
usually at SC only adjust front Toe only. no camber adjustment..also, wheel balancing and tyre rotation.

*side note.
a brand new adjustable camber screw is priced at around RM25-35 each at spare parts shop. expensive ones costs about RM60 a piece, has higher strength compared to the cheaper ones.

Last edited:

csl

1,000 RPM
Aug 22, 2005
Malysia
Alignment thing very difficult to determine when will need to adjust. Depends on the driver and also what had encountered. I don't know who still sell those aligment nut at RM90 a piece but I got it for RM18-25 a piece since few years back.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
My car honda insight. just reached 10k mileage.

After the service.i plan to bring to any tayar shop just do the wheel alignment.

Cause honda SC charge me RM60.

Outside only RM25, while waiting,the mechanic told me my chamber Hv run out.

Need to do.the adjustment which cost the chamber nut and workman ship RM90 each side.

For both side rm180.

I feel that he conning me. Because i say my car is still new. He show me look at the monitor display.

It say ++number it shown it run out. If you don't do it will Makan tayar.

So guys. Is necessary to do that?

Moreover
I really dislike the idea of putting chamber nut. If really the case we need to adjust the chamber, why the car manuFacturer dont put it in the 1st place? I have a feeling, is only a conn tactic by the tire shop to earn more...
Time for you to find a regular shop. If you just pop in to any tyre shop and they do not know you, probably they will try to con you with this camber nut tactic. Your car is new and probably do not need a camber nut. If really the camber is out, you should claim Honda.

In the first place why are you doing alignment? If you car is running straight and your tyres are wearing nicely forget about alignment...same goes for balancing, if there is no vibration you can forget about balancing too...

kokanChai

Known Member
May 2, 2005
A small Town in
Time for you to find a regular shop. If you just pop in to any tyre shop and they do not know you, probably they will try to con you with this camber nut tactic. Your car is new and probably do not need a camber nut. If really the camber is out, you should claim Honda.

In the first place why are you doing alignment? If you car is running straight and your tyres are wearing nicely forget about alignment...same goes for balancing, if there is no vibration you can forget about balancing too...
It because to be long lasting,honda SC recommend do alignment every 10k.

I'm struggle should I do the camber ,or can I claim back honda?

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur

They all say to do regularly every 10K so that you'll come and spent more money for them! :biggrin:
I've said many2 times in here and other forums, when comes to wheel alignment and balancing: don't fix if it ain't broken!

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
They all say to do regularly every 10K so that you'll come and spent more money for them! :biggrin:
I've said many2 times in here and other forums, when comes to wheel alignment and balancing: don't fix if it ain't broken!
Bro. 6UE5t,
Problem is many just listen to SC, either that or held by them say if don't do, this and that will happen.
I also mention if car still drive straight and tyre wear even no need to do alignment. For me also if the above is the case, I only do alignment once when fitting new tyres until it goes bald....:driver:

---------- Post added at 09:33 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:30 AM ----------

First you will have to make sure that the camber is actually out. If yes, then can complain to Honda.

kokanChai

Known Member
May 2, 2005
A small Town in

Bro,how you know it the time to fix it?
How to determine

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Be careful at any point. Even the RM20 ones could be of very low quality one

---------- Post added at 04:44 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 04:42 PM ----------

Bro,how you know it the time to fix it?
How to determine
Car not running straight, pulling to one side, tyres uneven wear...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi

do anyone encounter the same problem as mine? i am driving proton perdana, i always found that my passenger side (front and back) carpet wet. last time i paste some black gum under carriage (to cover the rubber washer) and tried by putting on clear silicon also (under the carpet, to cover the whole of the rubber washer). however, the problem is still there.

anyone can help?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience