car engine

'[00] TRD

Known Member
Dec 27, 2005
noobie here, mind if i ask u all abt car engine?

i hav browsed thru the web n know little bit abt engine.. like injector, meal gasket, piston b goes on..

is there anyone or expert on engine enlightenin me abt car engine, like how come we hav to change the metal gasket if addin turbo, wats oil cooler abt n wats it for? does any stock car has it?

cam pulley, camshaft.. wats all that? me very interested in engine but no one or lubang to turn to :confused_smile:

hope to get sum info fr u all here

cheerss

Dino@Casper

May 13, 2005
P.J
my advice is if you go to www.howstuffworks.com they have all the info on automotive there that can help you out.. explaining to you here would be very difficult.. they have cool visual to help ur understanding... happy learning

'[00] TRD

Known Member
Dec 27, 2005
:shades_smile: thx thx fir da fast reply!! will do, yea i know abt the website- howstuffworks.com too.. heehee, but lazy to surf la kekekeee

'[00] TRD

Known Member
Dec 27, 2005
ok, now i know abt camshaft n other things explained in howstuffworks.com.. but wat abt clutch plate? where n how does it fit in?

does spark plug universal or wat? coz i hav seen HKS spark plug n compared to typical one n its quite exp

Fluffy

3,000 RPM
May 1, 2005
>>klang<<
if im not mistaken..spark plugs are universal..they can be used on most common types of cars..
the diff is that its made out of diff material.sum are made out of iridium and etc..
and another diff between branded ones and the typical ones is that they may have diff heat ranges..

Dino@Casper

May 13, 2005
P.J
spark plugs are slighty different.. for different car marks.. take a compare and u will see it looks different.. heat range is one thing.. correct me if i'm wrong..

'[00] TRD

Known Member
Dec 27, 2005
wat if im drivin a stock car? or turbocharged? wat heat range of spark plug i gotta use?

fr howstuffworks.com, clutch plate they dont explain much but more like sumthin on transmission? correct me if im wrong

rojak question: wat abt relay? how do we know which relay kit is better? how to identify? noobie here, heehee

Fluffy

3,000 RPM
May 1, 2005
>>klang<<
for a stock car u normally use a lower heat range..and for t/c cars..a higher heat range..if im not mistaken..

clutch plate is the plate that is clamped onto the flywheel when the clutch is not pressed..when pressed..the clutch will disengage frm the flywheel.again..if im not mistaken

'[00] TRD

Known Member
Dec 27, 2005
Fluffy said:
for a stock car u normally use a lower heat range..and for t/c cars..a higher heat range..if im not mistaken..

clutch plate is the plate that is clamped onto the flywheel when the clutch is not pressed..when pressed..the clutch will disengage frm the flywheel.again..if im not mistaken
waa... now im more confusin, wats flywheel for? does it attach to clutch plate or sumthin?? i beleive its not in howstuffworks.com rite?

i hav seen lotsa performance stuff in N1 racin ad but dun understand wat r they for??!?! :X-:

Fluffy

3,000 RPM
May 1, 2005
>>klang<<
the flywheel is attached to the engine.
okay..the engine combusts and produces heat which converts into movement of the pistons.rite?the pistons move the crankshaft.at the end of the crankshaft is the flywheel.so..when the crankshaft moves..the moves the flywheel...get it?

and this is where the clutch comes in play..okay so far?

'[00] TRD

Known Member
Dec 27, 2005
Fluffy said:
the flywheel is attached to the engine.
okay..the engine combusts and produces heat which converts into movement of the pistons.rite?the pistons move the crankshaft.at the end of the crankshaft is the flywheel.so..when the crankshaft moves..the moves the flywheel...get it?

and this is where the clutch comes in play..okay so far?
got it got it!! then?? hhow will clutch works after that? heehee, hope u dun mind explainin them to me ya :embaressed_smile:

Fluffy

3,000 RPM
May 1, 2005
>>klang<<
no prob man..i'm here to try my best and help u.. =)

clutch?basically..a clutch is used to connect the engine to the transmission(gear box) a clutch can only be found in a manual tranny car..an auto tranny car does not have a clutch but it has a torque converter.(that's another story)

so..the clutch clamps the flywheel when ur not pressing the clutch pedal.this will allow the engine to transfer the kinetic power to move the whole car.
when u press the clutch..it releases the clutch plate frm the flywheel.this will cut the engine off frm the transmission.this is to allow gear shifts.

okay? =P

'[00] TRD

Known Member
Dec 27, 2005
Fluffy said:
no prob man..i'm here to try my best and help u.. =)

clutch?basically..a clutch is used to connect the engine to the transmission(gear box) a clutch can only be found in a manual tranny car..an auto tranny car does not have a clutch but it has a torque converter.(that's another story)

so..the clutch clamps the flywheel when ur not pressing the clutch pedal.this will allow the engine to transfer the kinetic power to move the whole car.
when u press the clutch..it releases the clutch plate frm the flywheel.this will cut the engine off frm the transmission.this is to allow gear shifts.

okay? =P
tip top!! fully understand that part!! thanks!!

wat abt cam pulley?? heehee :cyclops:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Damn!! not my day all... an hour ago, my car was broken in at subang lake... when i went for a jog... lost my handphone and RM200 bucks.... but lucky that fellow leave my wallet back...

damn, if only i caught the fellow in action... diu la... i would have wacked him with all the anger and energy i have now!! bugger!! ma hai... tiu nya sing....!! cibai .. ham ka chan !!

damn nice la... Hari Raya present for me.. handphone and money lost!!....

btw, if any of u got any information about the...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience