Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Hi All,

Since sweelt talked about A/C, just want to check, if alternator has not enough juice, will that affect the timing of A/C compressor kicked in? I found out that the A/C is slow to come in during slow traffic, where RPM constantly stays below 2k rpm. Once got on the free way and the A/C works just fine.

Thanks,
Ken
Have to check whether the clutch not engaging or your air con refrigerant is low. When refrigerant is low it does not cool fast either especially in slow traffic. Once you speed up the compressor turning fast so the refrigerant works faster and at the same time at faster speed the condenser gets cool faster also.....

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
Have to check whether the clutch not engaging or your air con refrigerant is low. When refrigerant is low it does not cool fast either especially in slow traffic. Once you speed up the compressor turning fast so the refrigerant works faster and at the same time at faster speed the condenser gets cool faster also.....
More evident in smaller engine with small compressor ie kelisa, kenari, kancil. Revving between 1500-1800 rpm during stationary will improve cooling which can be felt.

Some ac system wont engage the compressor at all when ut detecs low refrigerant.

My personal exp with waja that has worn out compressor clutch is it wont engage during jam. Once i rev above 2k rpm it will engage. temporary repair is modding the clutch which help for about 6 month before replacing the compressor.

anyway, i suggest to tackel the current issue first.i bet it has something to do with it.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
More evident in smaller engine with small compressor ie kelisa, kenari, kancil. Revving between 1500-1800 rpm during stationary will improve cooling which can be felt.

Some ac system wont engage the compressor at all when ut detecs low refrigerant.

My personal exp with waja that has worn out compressor clutch is it wont engage during jam. Once i rev above 2k rpm it will engage. temporary repair is modding the clutch which help for about 6 month before replacing the compressor.

anyway, i suggest to tackel the current issue first.i bet it has something to do with it.
Yup, there is a sensor, usually at the receiver dryer. This to help prevent compressor damage.....

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
or simply the compressor itself already worn out..

where it doesnt have sufficient seal to compress and pump the refrigerant at low rpm.. hence it only good while moving at higher rpm...

another cause is the ac fan speed at condenser is lower than it should be...so the gas pressure is too high and too hot and not working efficiently as it should be...

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
Not enough juice..
Worts if the compressor clutch is worn out as the compressor wont engage.
That's my suspicions but the clutch seems fine but i don't deny that the engine accessories have certain age on it. Will get it check out

Thanks,
Ken

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
I think i will start from checking the refrigerant pressure first, easiest and cheapest to rectify the issues before i move on to the larger problem.

Thanks,
Ken

skokoman

skokoman

Nov 9, 2018
I had similar problems with my car ( another model) , guy in service told me, that this is alternator problems. I had to buy another alternator on boodmo.com . Good , that problem solved after that. I was afraid that I was wasting my money.

Last edited:

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
I had similar problems with my car ( another model) , guy in service told me, that this is alternator problems. I had to buy another alternator. Good , that problem solved after that. I was afraid that I was wasting my money.
Strangely enough, when i was using AC at level 3 fan speed, the A/C works just fine, the A/C slow working happens at level 1 and 2 fan speed. Guess i just need to crank up the fan speed at 3 and drive it for few weeks before do anything.

Thanks,
Ken

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
Strangely enough, when i was using AC at level 3 fan speed, the A/C works just fine, the A/C slow working happens at level 1 and 2 fan speed. Guess i just need to crank up the fan speed at 3 and drive it for few weeks before do anything.

Thanks,
Ken
My BLM sometimes wont run at all if i put to fan speed 3 or 4. But this is due to that speed is rarely used almost to the point of never used and most probably the contact point in the switch is corroded or not contacting properly.

Got one time the connector on the circuit board in the aircond control panel is broken and i had so improvise by soldering wire directly to the board, i had to dismantle the blower fan speed coz its in the way. After reinstall, need to wiggle the switch when using speed 2 or 3 if the aircond refuses to switch on..Now everythin is working fine.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya

Thanks,
Ken
That is interesting, because the fan switch when on, just activate the compressor, so is funny you say run better at higher fan speed. Maybe higher fan speed you feel the cool air so think is running better?

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
That is interesting, because the fan switch when on, just activate the compressor, so is funny you say run better at higher fan speed. Maybe higher fan speed you feel the cool air so think is running better?
Hi,

Not quite, when on speed 3, i can hear the compressor working like on time before the freon ran out. Like i said the timing is accurate when the compressor kicks in. According to the aircond guy who modded the a/c system of my E46, the timing can be adjusted somehow, though i don't know how is it being adjusted?

Thanks,
Ken

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Hi,

Not quite, when on speed 3, i can hear the compressor working like on time before the freon ran out. Like i said the timing is accurate when the compressor kicks in. According to the aircond guy who modded the a/c system of my E46, the timing can be adjusted somehow, though i don't know how is it being adjusted?

Thanks,
Ken
That timing thing is something new. I only know there is air con switch and fan switch. Both need to be on the activate the air con system. Fan on, air con off get fan air only. Anyway get yours checked and inform us what was wrong, need new input......:driver:

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
That timing thing is something new. I only know there is air con switch and fan switch. Both need to be on the activate the air con system. Fan on, air con off get fan air only. Anyway get yours checked and inform us what was wrong, need new input......:driver:
Dude's finally got back to me, he is referring to the thermostat settings, too high, the compressor won't work, too low, the compressor work's too damn much and burn out the clutch. My situation now may due to slightly high thermostat settings.

Anyone can back this statement up?

Thanks,
Ken

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Dude's finally got back to me, he is referring to the thermostat settings, too high, the compressor won't work, too low, the compressor work's too damn much and burn out the clutch. My situation now may due to slightly high thermostat settings.

Anyone can back this statement up?

Thanks,
Ken
Thermostat then correct, but even if low or high setting, the moment the car starts, compressor should engage because have not reach the settings yet. Hotter setting it will cut off faster, maximum cold setting then it will work most of the time

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
Thermostat then correct, but even if low or high setting, the moment the car starts, compressor should engage because have not reach the settings yet. Hotter setting it will cut off faster, maximum cold setting then it will work most of the time
Then i will ask them to adjust slightly colder settings, normally i like drive with 2 speed fan only at 20 degrees.

Thanks,
Ken

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Blardy hell.....Either they have fact to proof the cars they sell really belonged to all teachers.....or they are downright blardy liars.....

CANGGIH MOTOR ENTERPRISE SDN BHD - PRO Niaga Store on Mudah.my

I wonder what is next?? Car owners previously female virgins??
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience