Car Accident - Kenari

milkway

Jun 2, 2006
Hi all,

I was involved in accident in Chinese New Year. My car is Perodua Kenari. The condition is not too bad. Front part, engine not affected, just the airconditioner. Behind part a little bad, kemek till near the tire part.

However, I leave the car to the towing company to fix it. The shop is somewhere near damansara there. Till now, two months also have not finished fixing. Everytime (one week once) I called to ask, the receptionist say fixing and fixing. and they said need a month. I asked what they fixing and the progress, she said the car very bad condition, need one more month

Until two weeks ago, at last the receptionist give me a number of the technician ask me go ask. So I suspect the only fix two weeks ago. I think they want to claim from insurance the workman allowance.

I lost trust in that shop la. When they start to fix, they said MAYBE will need to send to puspakom to check after repair. They said insurance will not cover the cost. So they said it will be troublesome if I go to do it myself. I will need to pay RM350 for their runner to do it for me. From what I know, to send it to puspakom is our own decision, I called puspakom and then they said it is up to me want to send or not.

Another sign that I dont trust this shop is: my front light not broken during the accident, they took two hours to tow the car to police station. After reach station, the two front light broken.
I did not managed to take picture:(

So I assume they want to send it to puspakom to earn extra money la.(p.s my car was not that bad in accident, maybe hit a little on the body frame). I called and said I will send it myself. Then the receptionist said CANNOT. I will need to go putrajaya to get letter from JPJ in order for me to drive the car out when finish repair. I called JPJ, they said no such thing.

So now, the service provided from this workshop is bad. The receptionist is bad. and the sign they show me is that they just want to earn money. I dont think I can trust them anymore. Today I called, they said will need 2-3 weeks to repair. My friend's car, accident worse than me also take 3weeks to repair only.

My question to all experience people here:
1) Do I really need JPJ letter to take my own car out? I have my right to take the car out right?
2) Where can I send my car to check whether they put original parts for me? I am afraid they claim original part and put ciplak part for me. Can I ask perodua service center to verify for me?

Please give me more information, 1s time accident. I will tell the shop name after finish repair. If they really con me, I will spread my bad experience so that ppl can be careful.

Thank you in advance for your info.:adore:

loose_end

3,000 RPM
Jul 29, 2009
Malaysia
Ya , why don't you yourself go and visit your car

EvolutionZ

5,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Aug 3, 2007
Hi all,

I was involved in accident in Chinese New Year. My car is Perodua Kenari. The condition is not too bad. Front part, engine not affected, just the airconditioner. Behind part a little bad, kemek till near the tire part.

However, I leave the car to the towing company to fix it. The shop is somewhere near damansara there. Till now, two months also have not finished fixing. Everytime (one week once) I called to ask, the receptionist say fixing and fixing. and they said need a month. I asked what they fixing and the progress, she said the car very bad condition, need one more month

Until two weeks ago, at last the receptionist give me a number of the technician ask me go ask. So I suspect the only fix two weeks ago. I think they want to claim from insurance the workman allowance.

I lost trust in that shop la. When they start to fix, they said MAYBE will need to send to puspakom to check after repair. They said insurance will not cover the cost. So they said it will be troublesome if I go to do it myself. I will need to pay RM350 for their runner to do it for me. From what I know, to send it to puspakom is our own decision, I called puspakom and then they said it is up to me want to send or not.

Another sign that I dont trust this shop is: my front light not broken during the accident, they took two hours to tow the car to police station. After reach station, the two front light broken.
I did not managed to take picture:(

So I assume they want to send it to puspakom to earn extra money la.(p.s my car was not that bad in accident, maybe hit a little on the body frame). I called and said I will send it myself. Then the receptionist said CANNOT. I will need to go putrajaya to get letter from JPJ in order for me to drive the car out when finish repair. I called JPJ, they said no such thing.

So now, the service provided from this workshop is bad. The receptionist is bad. and the sign they show me is that they just want to earn money. I dont think I can trust them anymore. Today I called, they said will need 2-3 weeks to repair. My friend's car, accident worse than me also take 3weeks to repair only.

My question to all experience people here:
1) Do I really need JPJ letter to take my own car out? I have my right to take the car out right?
2) Where can I send my car to check whether they put original parts for me? I am afraid they claim original part and put ciplak part for me. Can I ask perodua service center to verify for me?

Please give me more information, 1s time accident. I will tell the shop name after finish repair. If they really con me, I will spread my bad experience so that ppl can be careful.

Thank you in advance for your info.:adore:
1st most important thing, as what bro tohsan and looseand suggest, is to go to the workshop now...immediately with a friend or 2 friends and see your car!......if the condition of yr car is worst than that day, immediately take pics.

usually very serious accident like car turned turtle, airbag deployed, major frontal accident until the chassis is bent, serious side collision which affect the structure of the car whereby welded part/joint part needed for repair work, puspakom letter from putrajaya is needed and it only cost rm200 inclusive of runner fee. STD accross the nation. if yr case is jus minor one, no need for puspakom inspection la. if they insist, std charges is rm150, if u do it by yourself is rm30 only but you have to spend half day there in puspakom. you decide...:)

if as what u described, minor accident, u can get it repair and deliver to you within 2weeks the most. 1 day to notify insurance company, 3-4days to get the result from police station, 1 day for adjustor to come and then start doing the repair job for 2-3days then release car..altogether is bout 10days the most la.

in yr case, i believe they had already done all the necessary and they not doing up yr car for 3 reasons, 1st- they are appealing for more claim value coz maybe the initial approval was low, 2nd - i hope not what i thought la, they further damage yr car and seek for higher compensation therefore not submitting for adjustor valuation yet (juz my wild guess, pls don get panic).
3rd reason - if you are claiming other party who is at the fault, i.e 3rd party claim, its normal procedure is very long (2-3months) unless you know the workshop and they don mind releasing the car before the claim approval is out.

if my advice to you, see yr car now, see the condition and took up from there on. and another effective way is

go to the insurance company with your police report, and inform them the whole scenario, then insurance company will do the necessary for you.

lastly, if u want all parts to be genuine and yr car is still very new, pls seek perodua's advice, if the workshop is not perodua's panel, u can opt to "tarik" the car out and let perodua do the necessary, but u have to bare the charges from the workshop for pulling the car out. usually norm charges is rm500 to rm1000

hope this little advice might help.....cheerz

Last edited:

Civic-R

500 RPM
Oct 8, 2004
Earth
Visit site
Not easy to pull ur car out of the current workshop bro. It seems like ur current workshop is more like a gangters mechanic wit thugs callman. Careful though...:damnmate:

Nobody
Helmet Clan
Dec 21, 2005
gangster?ask them talk to media,see how they pee in pants

u CANNOT talk nice to these ppl,just bring ur camera,ask them to get it done in 1 week.or else,free advertisement in most car forums in malaysia

milkway

Jun 2, 2006
so far i never go check. a little bit far. so now what i can do is just wait.

then will send to perodua to check after repair. if really they put in fake stuff inside. i will report police and spread the news:P

they already further damage my car before tow to police station. i hope they dont dare to further damage it la.. police already took picture also.

aih..thank you for the info

4g92mivec

Known Member
Dec 14, 2006
There are possibilities of 2nd hand part replace to your car .. but from insurance side they claim as new original part . U should go & have a check , beside than this .. might take some photo of the car as well .

zamiex

Known Member
Nov 1, 2005
last time my car also get bang from the back by this guy and i also hit the car in front of me,
i claim the insurance from the back car, me damaged quite a lot rear bumper,bonet rear lamp, front lamp, signal, radiator, front bumper,front bonet , aircond kondensor, intercoler..

took only about 2 weeks to repair and claimed, they 1st will claim ur insurance, and then ur insurance will claim from the back car insurance... plus after 6 month i get cheque for rm400 from the guy insurance, injury money la i guess...

bro, i think something wrong with the workshop, u need to call ur insurance and discuss with thenm or u can ask ur insurance to tow to another certified workshop...

EvolutionZ

5,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Aug 3, 2007
so far i never go check. a little bit far. so now what i can do is just wait.

then will send to perodua to check after repair. if really they put in fake stuff inside. i will report police and spread the news:P

they already further damage my car before tow to police station. i hope they dont dare to further damage it la.. police already took picture also.

aih..thank you for the info
bro,
if u really care for yr car, distance not a prob, go take a look at yr car, if u wait until they done up yr car, u wont know what actually they had done to yr car b4 repairing it, maybe later when u selling yr car, u only will realised that the car had been "potong" then u totally lose entire car value for yr ride. usually it wont take so long.

and if u wait till they done up yr car, then upon collecting yr car, they will make u sign an acceptance letter, stated in it, you are satisfied and agreed upon the job done and giving consent to insurance company to release payment for the repair cost. therefore no more dispute after that....even if perodua confirmed the parts are not genuine, u have no case against them, u can lodge complaint to the consumer bureau and PIAM (persatuan insuran am msia) but it takes month or year to settle......

police wont intervene for all this domestic issue.....kindly be informed....i'd adviced enuf...wont wanna elaborate anymore...decision is yours coz the ride is yours.....nobody cares except yourself....good luck bro.

alonso

500 RPM
Apr 29, 2005
better do your own inspection compare wif the list of parts that workshop claimed from insurance co. before leave wif ur car, if u noob about car go with someone expert about the genuine parts..just my to cent

milkway

Jun 2, 2006
oooh... i got a news few days back. they said will finish repair in 3 weeks time.

insurance letter also go to my house dee... they claim rm18k!!!!

half the price of the car. i doubt it is so badly damaged.

i dont know anyone that is expert of genuine part. can I take the car to check then only sign the letter that I satisfied?

probably, I will make appointment with perodua on the release date.

zamiex

Known Member
Nov 1, 2005
wow 18k? really bad ke ur car? mind sharing some pics

daremo

Known Member
Mar 13, 2009
wow 18k? really bad ke ur car? mind sharing some pics
biasa lah (normal) that some scumbags from these workshops claim more than they fix. that is why our insurance premium getting higher and higher!

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

It was a storming performance from Team Proton R3 as they dominated the Round 2 of the Malaysian Super Series (MSS) with a double 1-2 finish in Race 1 and Race 2.

Proton R3 drivers Faidzil Alang and Syafiq Ali displayed impressive handling of their Satria Neo and Gen.2 R3 racecars in both dry and wet conditions to give Proton R3 the win in both races. Both drivers maintained their focus in the intense...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience