can someone suggest me how to make bass sound"dub dub' not the 'pom pom"

appleyard

500 RPM
Dec 20, 2004
Kota Kinabalu
Visit site
Izso

Too late my Fi Q is already in my home theater setup.

not sifu, Im out of the game already, now more into HT than ICE

mosesmk

Known Member
Feb 21, 2012
Selangor
hello fwendz..hehe...i have install 2 12 inch sub woofer into my neo boot...but im not like to use any box for the sub woofer...can someone suggest me how can i make the woofer sound "dub dub' not the "pom pom" sound
Of course with that kind of installation u will not get too much punch from the woofer. Proper sealed box will give you more punch. Like others suggested to you, sell both them and get 10" woofer. For ICE 10" driver enough already. Unless you are going for some competion. Low Crossover also affected the performance. Beside using feather u can just buy white aquarium filter to stuff inside the box. Can get around rm1 for a packet.

nadziad

Known Member
May 14, 2011
johor
Of course with that kind of installation u will not get too much punch from the woofer. Proper sealed box will give you more punch. Like others suggested to you, sell both them and get 10" woofer. For ICE 10" driver enough already. Unless you are going for some competion. Low Crossover also affected the performance. Beside using feather u can just buy white aquarium filter to stuff inside the box. Can get around rm1 for a packet.
i got this 2 12 inch speaker because the shop sells me in sets....1 equalizer 1amplifire and 2 12 inch subs for rm1200 only...

---------- Post added at 12:06 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:03 PM ----------

Im surprise that your sub has that "pom" sound while mounted as IB. IB would have resulted in low SPL low tuning since the cabin space (whole car) will act like a sealed box. So suggesting another sealed box will not guarantee a different result.

You would get a better result going low tuned ported, but not guaranteed since low tuned ported box will result in higher excursion and not understanding the power/output of the sub and box will result in the sub damaged.

I had my 1st setup with 2 12" Kicker CVR in a 4 cu.ft 33hz box and it sounded low and nice so its not impossible to make that sub sound good.
owh....so in can make a enclosure without using big boxes inside my trunk ea....so 4 cu.ft is how much its measure ....me sucks at math..

twistedichc

2,000 RPM
Jan 22, 2013
Ampang Point
i got this 2 12 inch speaker because the shop sells me in sets....1 equalizer 1amplifire and 2 12 inch subs for rm1200 only...

---------- Post added at 12:06 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:03 PM ----------

owh....so in can make a enclosure without using big boxes inside my trunk ea....so 4 cu.ft is how much its measure ....me sucks at math..
klo ko kat kl snang jerg, gi pudu melambak sub box mcm2 size mcm2 design, br jerg bli box tok 10" sub RM29 jerg material chipboard, sifu's ok x material 2

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
klo ko kat kl snang jerg, gi pudu melambak sub box mcm2 size mcm2 design, br jerg bli box tok 10" sub RM29 jerg material chipboard, sifu's ok x material 2
ok jer...

i use jalan pasar box and speaker also....12inch woofer..but the box was thick material type....got 2type...thick and thin there at jalan pasar....

i only use 1 unit of 12inch sub powered by a single 1400w amp....already cannot tahan the loudness..because satria was small car.....so this setup was adequate for me so far.......volume level on 16 for normal song play....blasting also not more than level 22 on HU volume....hahaha...

unless in autoshow....this setup was peanuts compared to the rest..... :rofl:

ColdPlay

Known Member
Jun 16, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
I have seen a car with a DIY sub housing made of a new Yokohama Decibel Tyre (what a name! ).
Never experience the sound but just wondering if anyone of you guys had done the same.

Btw, Jalan Pasar pricing is differ from shop to shop. Its quite tedious to choose the right one.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hye everyone

Anybody know how to DIY rear bumper side marker installation step by step..please share ya

Tq
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience