Can i replace lower arm bushing only?

john_unai

Known Member
Aug 9, 2011
mtkb
replacing bushing is almost the same cost of getting new lower arm unless you go for better than OEM bush..

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
i've tested the steering at speed of 120 n 140 km/h...just a flick of the steering wheel, got some excessive wobble (unstable feeling) and excessive free play too...
When steering have excessive free play, it will not be so responsive...

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
yesterday did a comparison of proride performance series (yellow body) that said have short stroke....

the car is proton iswara...but i can say that its just less than half inch shorter than the stock apm absorber....the front maybe around 10mm...and rear is just around 3-5mm shorter only...not much difference....

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
yesterday did a comparison of proride performance series (yellow body) that said have short stroke....

the car is proton iswara...but i can say that its just less than half inch shorter than the stock apm absorber....the front maybe around 10mm...and rear is just around 3-5mm shorter only...not much difference....
I see. Because shortstroke seems harder to use on performance cars. Maybe not proride.

Neo_Mivec

Jan 21, 2015
Shah Alam
I see. Because shortstroke seems harder to use on performance cars. Maybe not proride.
the ride is much firmer...but since the steering bushings/rack is kinda loose, so, the fun is not there...

btw, the owner of the halfcut said that mine is CJ4A RS (the a/cond is manual and not digital like we always see)

D3monRider

Jul 27, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Guys i just wanna share something about my steerong rack..guess what..the knocking sound when i run in uneven surfaces was not due to my steering rack..it was my 4 point front strut bar from ultra racing..we tested out changing the rack bushimg amd all kimds of stuff and it still had that noise..we then removed the bar amd guess what the knocking got eliminated.now i dont know how to solve this cus without the strut the car feels bad at corners..

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Guys i just wanna share something about my steerong rack..guess what..the knocking sound when i run in uneven surfaces was not due to my steering rack..it was my 4 point front strut bar from ultra racing..we tested out changing the rack bushimg amd all kimds of stuff and it still had that noise..we then removed the bar amd guess what the knocking got eliminated.now i dont know how to solve this cus without the strut the car feels bad at corners..
But a foam under the strut in between the mount?

D3monRider

Jul 27, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
There was no foam when we removed it..never had this rattking sound before amd it was comin from my steering rack on the left hand side..upon removal the noise just wenr missing..whats this foam for man

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
There was no foam when we removed it..never had this rattking sound before amd it was comin from my steering rack on the left hand side..upon removal the noise just wenr missing..whats this foam for man
Just a recommendation to not let the metal knock together.
Might be knocking since u said its gone when its there.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

You guys ever tried to clean ur interior by urself? I'm driving a satria GTi, with stock interior. The seats are getting dirty and the left door panel has gotten a bit loose, as well as a few panels around the car. Thinking of DIY and clean it myself, have to sayang the car once in a while mah :D

Can I know:
1) how to clean the recaro seats
2) how to remove the door panel
3) my car got heater (evo aircon system, got heater one), so once I am done with the seat cleaning should I turn on the...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience