Can i replace lower arm bushing only?

Neo_Mivec

Jan 21, 2015
Shah Alam
Assalammualaikum n salam sejahtera

My name is Ezanie bin Abdul Aziz. Owner of Neo year 2007. Tomorrow i'll be sending my Neo to Workshop to convert from Campro (M) to Mivec CK Auto...

Since i'm on budget, can i just replace the bushings of all lower arm of my Neo ? is it can be done?

D3monRider

Jul 27, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Hey man,

I am not sure if the ball joint can be replaced, I think it must be the same as a Putra where the is a rubber proteting it that usually cracks or tears of.

One things for sure, the bushings can be changed and I would suggest to go for hardrace.

Hope this helps a bit bro.

Neo_Mivec

Jan 21, 2015
Shah Alam
the car very unstable eventhough i've replaced with Proride shocks..springs still ori. i suspected that lower arm bushings is the real culprit..

Hardrace brand ?

---------- Post added at 09:28 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:26 PM ----------

Lower arm gen2-satria - Car Accessories & Parts for sale in Others, Selangor

is this recommanded ? cause it's made from aluminium and so light but is it reliable ?

D3monRider

Jul 27, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
If ur car is a weekend ride aluminium is fine if ur a runner due to its lightweight build..but it depends on ur preference aso bro pasal skarang banyak barang immitation..so u gotta chk..my suggestion is to go for hardrace bushings and ultra racing ..u will feel alot of difference..lets hear more input from other seniors here because ive experienced getting cheated before hehehhe..so skarang i only select those i buy my parts from

---------- Post added at 12:32 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:31 AM ----------

One more thing..r u referring to u front lower arm or rear..how old is ur car

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
ignore those lower arms... risk of breaking is high with these local brands. and it has happened to a number of them.

just change the bushings will be fine... hardrace is a good brand but dunno got for neo or not... otherwise, u can contact forumer BESIXTEEN for custom Soft PU bushings.

but are u sure ur bushings are torn? factory bushings usually lasts a long time... even decades...so make sure if they need to be changed or not in the first place..

if ur car is unstable, and bushings are good.. then most likely there is something wrong else where... could be suspension (even though uve changed them) could be tires could be steering mechanism... bla bla bla bla bla...

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
If you don't plan on changing to PU bushing, it's cheaper to buy a whole new arm and swap that since the price for machining the replacement bush and cost of installation and all will be equal to changing a new arm

Neo_Mivec

Jan 21, 2015
Shah Alam
the mileage is 149K already...and mostly 70% driven hard and aggressive during 1st 5 years...after that, it's more to moderate driving... maybe what mADmAN said is true...i hope that it's the steering mechanism issue and not lower arm bushings. since i'm gonna have to replace tyres and front bumpers.

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
Most of the time when the lower arm needs replacing there will be tok2 sound when going through uneven road.

best way to check is to remove the arm from the wheel by disconnecting the balljoint and see if there is any movement.of yes then just replace the arm,as the price is not that expensive.plus,u have been abusing the car all these while so i bet the balljoint is loose too.ball joint cant be change as its welded to the arm which is why i suggest u change the whole arm.

Other thing to check are:
-absorber mount(worn bearing)
-steering rack bush(steering rack moves freely when steering is turn)
-steering rack itself(freeplay,jack the front end and shake the wheel left and right)
-wonr rear suspension link(causing improper rear wheel allignment)

by unstable,what do u mean?
My exp with the neo (cps model) on stock suspension,the car is stable even at 180kmh at normal not highway and a bit bumpy road.no i wasnt racing and the road is clear.

Neo_Mivec

Jan 21, 2015
Shah Alam
gunnerzz...i think it's more toward steering rack issue since the steering freeplay is excessive and during speeds of 140 km/h n above, the steering is kinda loose...

D3monRider

Jul 27, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Welcomw to my club bro..ive replaced 3 sterering racks within the last mth amd i got nothing resolved because of the racks i purchased..go for an oem rack and u should b fine..

Neo_Mivec

Jan 21, 2015
Shah Alam
i've tested the steering at speed of 120 n 140 km/h...just a flick of the steering wheel, got some excessive wobble (unstable feeling) and excessive free play too...

---------- Post added at 02:15 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:11 PM ----------

Welcomw to my club bro..ive replaced 3 sterering racks within the last mth amd i got nothing resolved because of the racks i purchased..go for an oem rack and u should b fine..
u mean OEM halfcut ? :proud::proud::proud:

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Dear forumers...

Got a question here. I bought a front set of absorbers last 3 months but haven't fix into my ar due to some reason. Now, I plan to delay further until december because I want to change the rear sets as well together with other things that needs to be changed.

Keeping a new set of absorbers for that period without fixing them and using them, is it okay? Will it deteriorate the absorbers or cause it to loose durability next time?

Thanks...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience