caldina zt fuel problem.

tougemax

Known Member
Apr 2, 2007
Need Help . Just bought a caldina zt 2005 . the problem is when driving suddenly no fuel come . langsung tak boleh pergi . then off engine and start again it turn okay. but sometime will come again . i go for mechanic . they change my high pressure pump cause me rm1100. though can solve the problem . but now when i drive 150 160km . my engine signal suddely light and my car no power or fuel come . got damm.....any wish and caldina owner pls help me to solve this problem. what is the main problem i already tukar the high pressure fuel pump .

ehdrian

I Don't Care!
Dec 14, 2006
Penang
fuel pressure reading ok?..

carent9

Known Member
Dec 30, 2009
Selangor
Did you say that the last time, your car engine was still idling but no fuel is coming when you accelerate?

I think you need to check the following :
*Battery connectors - anything loose? Did you lose power (i.e. battery power)? I had a problem with this issue during rainy season when I hit puddle of water
*Check your FPR pressure trend when you accelarate
*You may need a datalogger to see what is the rev, batt, fuel pressure
*possible ECU issue as there is a delay in the response

tougemax

Known Member
Apr 2, 2007
thxs a lot . may i ask any recommended workshop near kota damansara. i am new in kl . go for unfamiliar workshop always kena potong.

pengyu

Known Member
Sep 28, 2006
can u try check ur MAF sensor...sbb if MAF sensor kotor pun, boleh keluar "Check Engine Light" and the car wont drive proper..
happened to me once due to K&N filter..

nyantong

Known Member
Jul 26, 2008
You need to go to a workshop and get them to diagnose and retrieve fault codes using an OBD II tester. Its possible that the O2 sensor or airflow sensor is at fault

khoo198

1,500 RPM
Feb 11, 2009
N9
Check d fuel rail pressure sensor aswell....common problem on t.wish d4 too.

Last edited:
Mar 24, 2017
US
Check d fuel rail pressure sensor aswell....common problem on t.wish d4 too.
Hi khoo my also has caldina 1az fault code is fuel rail pressure sensor... Some time mati engine but turn off key can start again.. So that 100percent fuel rail pressure sensor problem?

Sent from my vivo 1601 using Tapatalk

Mar 24, 2017
US
Need Help . Just bought a caldina zt 2005 . the problem is when driving suddenly no fuel come . langsung tak boleh pergi . then off engine and start again it turn okay. but sometime will come again . i go for mechanic . they change my high pressure pump cause me rm1100. though can solve the problem . but now when i drive 150 160km . my engine signal suddely light and my car no power or fuel come . got damm.....any wish and caldina owner pls help me to solve this problem. what is the main problem i already tukar the high pressure fuel pump .
Can let me no how ur caldina real problem?

Sent from my vivo 1601 using Tapatalk

Wanggot

May 22, 2006
Jay Bee
Luckily I managed to sell off mine 2.0 ZT 2years ago.
Problems like unstable engine idling, sudden engine dies at traffic light, jerking during accelerate, etc.
Despite done throttle body cleaning, replaced pump, improve ignition system the problems still happened.
I have to admit 1ZZ-FE engines are more reliable than D4 :y:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Just want to know if there is a bolt on unit for the Lancer GT? Am not looking to replace the engine with an old EVO etc. Also, how effective would it be if I am looking to get a maybe a max of 20% increase in HP? Would the engine be able to handle it or will the wear and tear be bad? Thanks!
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience