CA20E convert to SR20DET

sluseter2123

Mar 20, 2015
Sarawak
Hello. Currently, the CA20E engine on my Nissan Bluebird U12 is dying. So I want to swap an SR20DET inside. I want to know what is needed to be done to the ECU, wiring and etc, if the SR might come from the same U12.

Thanks forum.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
If doing engine transplant, best to get half cut and transplant everything over, means engine, wiring harness, ECU etc., Make sure is plug and play for the engine and no mod to the engine mountings.....:driver:

sluseter2123

Mar 20, 2015
Sarawak
If doing engine transplant, best to get half cut and transplant everything over, means engine, wiring harness, ECU etc., Make sure is plug and play for the engine and no mod to the engine mountings.....:driver:
Which means im good to go as long as I have the half cut of the car?
But there's one thing I'm confused in. U12 SR20DET is 4WD. My car is FF

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Which means im good to go as long as I have the half cut of the car?
But there's one thing I'm confused in. U12 SR20DET is 4WD. My car is FF
Having the half cut, means you practically having everything of that car that needs to run it.
To run FWD, you got to weld the RWD gear in the gear box.
My VR half cut came with 4WD gb also, so my mechanic got the RWD welded....:driver:

sluseter2123

Mar 20, 2015
Sarawak
Got it. Thank you very much :proud:

---------- Post added at 05:22 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 05:19 PM ----------

Having the half cut, means you practically having everything of that car that needs to run it.
My VR half cut came with 4WD gb also, so my mechanic got the RWD welded....:driver:
Oh I have 1 more question. Can half cuts of other cars work as well? Like Silvias for example.

MKMD428

500 RPM
Aug 21, 2005
johore
Nissan's SR is very much different, you cant even weld the RWD or say lock it to become 2WD. FF SR20DET all came in 4WD be it in AT or MT. What we do is you have to sought a 2WD gearbox to be able to use SR20DET. There are plenty to sought after..from P11, P10, B14 autech, B13 SER, etc...all these are 2WD gearbox from n/a SR engine. Some are OEM viscous LSD, some or not..some are 8.5 inch flywheel, 9 inch flywheel, 9.5 inch flywheel, some came with small spline, some came with big spline and lastly some are cable operated and some are hydraulically operated. No need to worry as they can stand the abuse for SR20DET.
All the nissan's FF SR20DET u see out there no matter in what chassis, all of them sourced out a 2wd gearbox.

My previous N16 sentra was converted to W11 nissan avenir SR20DET AT halfcut with 8.5 inch small spline, viscous LSD, cable operated gearbox from the Nissan B14 autech.

*there are special cases where the halfcut is already converted from Japan with 2WD gearbox, however this is super duper rare, the point is to be able to use SR...even the Japs sourced for the 2WD gearbox, in any way you cant use the 4wd gearbox.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Thanks for the info.....

Anyway one did 4WD before? VR they have, but have to buy half cut front and back....

MKMD428

500 RPM
Aug 21, 2005
johore
so far i only knew that only N14 chassis have been converted to full SR20DET pulsar GTIR halfcut along with its 4wd drivetrain.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

can anyone help me setting this type air charger..
i have use it..
actually it use to save the fuel..
but when i install this air charger to my satria 1.3
rm30 fuel can go just around 100km...
help me please!!
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience