Buzzing sound from my 20V

NA_Lover

Known Member
Jul 19, 2008
Hey all experts and sifus.

Just wondering la... My 20V blacktop would sometimes emit a strange electrical buzzing sound.

This occasionally happens during driving when I rev.. or it could also occur after the engine is completely off.

After a bit of searching... I noticed that the sound is coming from my starter's magnetic switch

Is this normal? Is it something I should worry about?

howard?!

Known Member
Sep 14, 2007
bro,is it the sound like a bee flying ah?
if yes,then u better get pest control,u got a bee inside lah...haha...:vroam:

NA_Lover

Known Member
Jul 19, 2008
eh yala... a bit like that. Haha..
more like mosquitoe flying next to your ear.

A bit irritating le... not sure if its anything bad.
The funny thing is everytime go to mechanic oso the buzzing never come on wan.
Tats why cannot detect. How ah?

sdil_trdtoms

Known Member
Oct 19, 2007
or it could also occur after the engine is completely off. <------ dis want i hav already happen... it like sound from de pump its usually normall like dat!

wfhan

4,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2004
selangor
The funny thing is everytime go to mechanic oso the buzzing never come on wan.
Tats why cannot detect. How ah?
ah!... this one also i face alot, whenever got problem then want to drive to
mechanic workshop, when reach there, all the symptom problem couldn't be simulate back!

howard?!

Known Member
Sep 14, 2007
yup,it's like the car got it's own mind sumthing like children afraid to go the doctor then they will be very good boy when they hear u're bringing them to see the doctor...

NA_Lover

Known Member
Jul 19, 2008
yup,it's like the car got it's own mind sumthing like children afraid to go the doctor then they will be very good boy when they hear u're bringing them to see the doctor...
HAHA!!! Superb methaphore man! I couldnt have said it better...

But thats EXACTLY how it is! Its like the fella try to show some attitude.. everytime wanna fix sumthing ah.. the car completely fixes itself.
And end up looking like an idiot in front of mechanic.. trying to explain sumthin tat is not there. GAO SIU man....

So the buzzing sound should be normal gua? Coz a bit scared when going on long trip.. suddenly get surprise breakdown. (choi choi choi!)

jack84

Known Member
Nov 11, 2006
My 20v also got that kind of sound during the high rev. sound abit like the supercharger's sound.

NA_Lover

Known Member
Jul 19, 2008
Hmm... I wonder if its because not enuff grounding?

nappx

2,000 RPM
Sep 13, 2005
kLaNG-kEy_tEE
we all can check what da sound during tomorrow tt...can dismantle also..to find what da cause of pronblem..howard i think can do it for u...:burnout:

d3cipher

Mar 5, 2009
i have the same symptoms on my 20V ST.... after i shut down the engine i hear it.... i guess it's ok though...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hey petrol heads,
Toying with the idea of getting a peugeot 406.What japanese engine can i plonk in without changing the mountings?If not then my other option would be to BOT.If i do that would i need a standalone ECU or can i piggy bag with emanage or something similar.Hope some forumers or mechs who are familiar with these setup can advise me.thanks.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience