Buying advice for Evo and Impreza

Calvin Leong

Dec 21, 2016
The cheapest blue one with black hood looks reasonably decent. Price also the cheapest, I'm sure can nego a few thousands more, maybe even down to 55k region if serious with cash on hand. Coz most showrooms are taking those Evo 7 around 50-55k then try to sell them at 70-80k, so since this one only asking around 62k then can try lowball to 50-55k. :biggrin:

1-2 months ago there was a white Evo 7 AT but converted to manual sold at just below 50k.
Yeah I agreed with you
Now I do need some time to consider:shakehands:

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Hahaha ok ma, give more ideas to open up more perspective what. That's what forums like this is especially useful for. :biggrin:
Yup, if TS gets the idea it is beneficial for him, but for some gets too much information cannot compute......hhahahhahah:biggrin:

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
hahaha....just like my fren last time, firstly wanted to buy a FTO, then changed his mind and wanted celica, then after asking around, decided to go for Prelude.....................last last he bought a Estima becoz the wifey said so....

I told him...."You are lucky that your wife didnt ask you to buy a bicycle". hahahah

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
hahaha....just like my fren last time, firstly wanted to buy a FTO, then changed his mind and wanted celica, then after asking around, decided to go for Prelude.....................last last he bought a Estima becoz the wifey said so....

I told him...."You are lucky that your wife didnt ask you to buy a bicycle". hahahah
That one not your friend's decision......hhahhahahhaha:biggrin:

sweelt

2,000 RPM
Nov 6, 2016
Penang
Since TS have the budget. Why not start thrashing ready convert satria, wira...etc. Repair also wont cost a bomb.
I don think is good idea buy STI or EVO just to learn driving on track, right ?
Harness your driving skills on track 1st. From start u mention track use and occasionally road drive.
Forget about what i written, if you already have those skills. :driver:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Since TS have the budget. Why not start thrashing ready convert satria, wira...etc. Repair also wont cost a bomb.
I don think is good idea buy STI or EVO just to learn driving on track, right ?
Harness your driving skills on track 1st. From start u mention track use and occasionally road drive.
Forget about what i written, if you already have those skills. :driver:
But remember that the safety level in those convert cars is much lower. If you landed yourself in an accident in those cars, your chances of injury might be higher?

Some people will have the mentality that they are driving a cheap car, so they can go all out without much worries because even if they crashed, the repair cost won't be so high. But they forgot that their lives is also at stake. What if you end up in a terrible accident? Not to mention that the body rigidity of these cars are also much lower than real performance cars.

I rather drive a more expensive car but held back and stay more cautious on the road instead of driving a cheaper car and go all out.

sweelt

2,000 RPM
Nov 6, 2016
Penang
he can reinforce the car mah....since TS plan to use more on track as rookie and weekend drive.
Ya lah, expensive car nice and got safety. IF engine, gearbox..etc kababooom on track ..... money spent, and not much skill learn yet.
Anyway, still up to TS pocket and balls. lol....:biggrin:

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
for trackdays/performance driving...

i would say the cheapest is satria...

got bolt-on rollcage, plenty of UR bars selection, chassis foaming...

and whole loads of engine,gearbox,suspension,brakes selection....

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
I actually also agree with sweelt to start using a cheap simpler car first like my post previously. But yeah up to the TS how to go about it.