Buying a Lancer Evo?

huakenny

LB Performance
Feb 24, 2005
Kota Kinabalu
Visit site
i owned E9....been use for almost 7 month...check engine light sometimes off and on...btw its always on.....anyone can share something regardless this problem:stupid:

---------- Post added at 02:42 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:41 PM ----------

and owh ya.....my evo ( is for continue installment....heehhe......
the quick and accurate way is diagnose it with OBD II Scanner...u gotta get the trouble code and check the said problem/sensor connection

DinDin6491

Known Member
Sep 9, 2008
hi all...I'm new to the jdm scene.looking to get an evo(7-8) .. I have been following the MLOC threads carefully to look at the costs .maintenance.and any issues to look for when buying a car.Today i test drove this particular one i found.

Mitsubishi Evolution 8 Turbo 2.0 - Cars for sale Kuala Lumpur - Mudah.my

quick question....is the standard clutch that hard to press or is it something adjustable or something wrong .feels like driving a lorry.at least compared to another manual i drove which was the satria neo R3 ( the 145hp one) .and clearance on this matter would be highly appreciated thanks !!

MiNiFans

Known Member
Aug 3, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
hi all...I'm new to the jdm scene.looking to get an evo(7-8) .. I have been following the MLOC threads carefully to look at the costs .maintenance.and any issues to look for when buying a car.Today i test drove this particular one i found.

Mitsubishi Evolution 8 Turbo 2.0 - Cars for sale Kuala Lumpur - Mudah.my

quick question....is the standard clutch that hard to press or is it something adjustable or something wrong .feels like driving a lorry.at least compared to another manual i drove which was the satria neo R3 ( the 145hp one) .and clearance on this matter would be highly appreciated thanks !!
Erm high performance car doesn't have light feeling clutch (correct me if Im wrong)...I tried evo and civic ek,I feel both heavy than lorry :hmmmm:

Last edited:

PabloIceman

3,000 RPM
Apr 22, 2006
Erm high performance car doesn't have light feeling clutch (correct me if Im wrong)...I tried evo and civic ek,I feel both heavy than lorry :hmmmm:
depends what type of clutch the car has on it... if racing clutch twin plate so far the 'lighter' feeling then it is OS Giken ..

vspec

Rookie
Oct 9, 2005
Tehran
My clutch is stock but it doesn't feel like a lorry

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
My clutch is stock but it doesn't feel like a lorry
Which lorry did you compare it to? I find the clutch on the Daihatsu one relatively light.

leslie

2,000 RPM
Aug 14, 2004
have a look on what clutch it is.. stock clutch in evo is quite comfortable. if its hard.. it might be those old type exedy single plate racing clutches.. the old exedy ones are quite hard...

maxgil05

Known Member
Apr 19, 2005
Cheras, KL
Which Evo to buy, Evo 8 has no MIVEC, Evo 9 has MIVEC for Exhaust and then Evo 10 has MIVEC on intake and exhaust but is very expensive now and look same as Preve, which is better for tuning more HP from turbo?

pangyau

1,000 RPM
Oct 17, 2009
Malaysia
maxgil05,
EVO 8... install crazy stroker kit + super crazy turbo & other mod = super power already...

phobian

Known Member
Jan 7, 2004
Which Evo to buy, Evo 8 has no MIVEC, Evo 9 has MIVEC for Exhaust and then Evo 10 has MIVEC on intake and exhaust but is very expensive now and look same as Preve, which is better for tuning more HP from turbo?
Want crazy power, agree with pangyau - hands down for 8 & 9. Personally I would go for the 9 if my heart can take it. Retarded aging old man like myself has gotten lazy over the years and opt for a X.

johnsonlam

DIY King
Nov 17, 2003
Balik Pulau, KL
Agree with Phobian...
However, young heart and just love the balance between comfort, family, sports and speed... chose EvoX too. Hahah

MiNiFans

Known Member
Aug 3, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
Hi to all evo-ians … just want to ask u guys…what is the common problems in evo7-9 generations?or thing needs to be extra care ?
AYC pump,transfer case,ACD & etc ?

pangyau

1,000 RPM
Oct 17, 2009
Malaysia
Common problem E7-9: Plenty room for upgrade.
This is and old car approaching 10 years approximately.
Required some attention base on your satisfaction.

AYC pump, transfer case ACD depends on previous owner.
If lack of maintenance + frequent to track/spirited drive the life span will be shorter.
But you may source the parts either half-cut or new (both also expensive)
The aftermarket also expensive and not really comfort for daily drive...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

The Shell Eco Marathon is a platform for energy efficient vehicles and spearheading an assault on that title will be the Naza World Taylor’s University Eco Team that features first-year students from the institution of higher learning’s school of engineering and backing from Naza World.

“Naza is proud to support and encourage the aspirations of Malaysia’s youth. Our contribution in this endeavour is well...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience