Buying a Lancer Evo?

calvin9683

Jul 5, 2004
JB
there has been a few discussion about the differences... i remember had read it before.... but not really sure its in which thread... perhaps u need to spend some time to search for it....

EVOFans

Known Member
Aug 29, 2006

---------- Post added at 11:18 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:53 PM ----------

Btw is there already discussion about the difference between E9 GSR & E9 MR? Cause I know for the E8 there's quite a lot of technical difference (aluminium roof & hood, Bilstein suspension, BBS wheels, improvement of turbo & engine). But for the E9 seems not so much anymore, probably only the wheels. Can anyone confirm? Thx.
EVO IX MR vs EVO IX(Dunno for how many times di):
1.)EVO IX have RS,GT and GSR trim while EVO IX MR have RS and GSR Trim
2.)EVO IX MR use 15G Compressor Wheel for Turbo while EVO IX use 16G Compressor Wheel for turbo
3.)EVO IX MR gain Eibach Spring IINM
4.)EVO IX MR have red stitching on seat for interior
5.)EVO IX MR a/c vent adjuster is chrome
6.)EVO IX MR have a new front lip(Same as USDM SE Package
7.)EVO IX=Produced in 2005 while EVO IX MR is produced in 2006
That's about all the possible difference i can think of

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
EVO IX MR vs EVO IX(Dunno for how many times di):
1.)EVO IX have RS,GT and GSR trim while EVO IX MR have RS and GSR Trim
2.)EVO IX MR use 15G Compressor Wheel for Turbo while EVO IX use 16G Compressor Wheel for turbo
3.)EVO IX MR gain Eibach Spring IINM
4.)EVO IX MR have red stitching on seat for interior
5.)EVO IX MR a/c vent adjuster is chrome
6.)EVO IX MR have a new front lip(Same as USDM SE Package
7.)EVO IX=Produced in 2005 while EVO IX MR is produced in 2006
That's about all the possible difference i can think of
Thanks for the info.

pedanglaut

Oct 2, 2009
Petaling Jaya
Hi guys, finally decided to take the evo 7 mention before..:biggrin:
bout 2001 evo 7..how much would be the insurance premium guys?
my previous insurance company doesn't cover evo so i need to find others..any suggestion guys?i think its quite hard to find insurance company which covers >10years old performance car edi..really appreciate if u guys can help me. Thanks:driver:

dns271

Dec 11, 2009
negeri sembilan
hi all.newbie here.im planning to get evo IX RS edition (now waiting for loan approval).what do i need to check up before i agree to sign the loan agreement and get the car with no regret
below is the mod list of the car (from what i saw with my own eyes)
-koyorad radiator
-Greddy intercooler
-HKS BOV
-HKS EVC
-Custom CAI with heat shield
-boost has been increased and got 2 set up (lower is 1.5 bar and highest is 1.7 bar) - running on stock turbo
-fitted with ralliart meter, defi meter and NRAG meter (a lot of meter here and i couldn't understand it all as my current car are n/a rotary car)
-intercooler water injection has been fitted at rear bonnet
the car salesman ask me 155k for the car price.is the price is ok?
what i know from this forum that the engine oil need to change every 5k km, gearbox oil and radiator coolant for every 20k - 25k km
any others maintenance wise i need to know and to take care about the engine healthiness for long time period?
any suggestion for any good workshop in kl for good servicing and maintenance of the car?
below are the pic of the car and the engine bay

thanks and cheers to all

Attachments

Last edited:

H22-C

500 RPM
Jul 23, 2007
dns271, is it 5-speed ?

it is best to change engine oil less than 5k, say 3.5k.

would you mind to show a pics of the water tank at boot for the intercooler water injection ?
i am thinking to relocate mine to rear boot also, but no idea how to fix the water tank.

dns271

Dec 11, 2009
negeri sembilan
dns271, is it 5-speed ?

it is best to change engine oil less than 5k, say 3.5k.

would you mind to show a pics of the water tank at boot for the intercooler water injection ?
i am thinking to relocate mine to rear boot also, but no idea how to fix the water tank.
yup it has 5 speed.
i didnt take any pic of the intercooler water injection but it has been relocated at the rear boot.the previous owner put a strut bar in the rear boot and the intercooler water injection tank in the space between the rear boot and the strut bar with a bracket to it

calvin9683

Jul 5, 2004
JB
i feel 155k a bit on the high side... there's one IX for sale in one of JB car dealer... got fullbodykits, rims n nice 2 digit number plate...
if i remember correctly the dealer wanna let go at 150k the last time i heard from him...
as for interior n performance upgrades i got no idea la...

spek_nates

Known Member
Jul 28, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
for me that price is fair enough..maybe can get 2-3k more later if u show that u r really serious to take that car..that car what year bro??4 me if u really like that car juz go 4 it..in malay said "jgn pandang belakang" after u already make a decision.:biggrin: anyway gud luck bro.:top:

dns271

Dec 11, 2009
negeri sembilan
i feel 155k a bit on the high side... there's one IX for sale in one of JB car dealer... got fullbodykits, rims n nice 2 digit number plate...
if i remember correctly the dealer wanna let go at 150k the last time i heard from him...
as for interior n performance upgrades i got no idea la...
thanks for the info bro. i think i saw that car before somewhere. but i'm trying to find an evo with low milage as the car i mention milage are about 65k km only.

for me that price is fair enough..maybe can get 2-3k more later if u show that u r really serious to take that car..that car what year bro??4 me if u really like that car juz go 4 it..in malay said "jgn pandang belakang" after u already make a decision.:biggrin: anyway gud luck bro.:top:
thanks spek_nates. that car manufacture on year 2005.i like evo IX since it entering local market here. i hope that the car will run smoothly after i owns it and can hang around with u guys.

cheers

EvolutionZ

5,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Aug 3, 2007
Hi guys, finally decided to take the evo 7 mention before..:biggrin:
bout 2001 evo 7..how much would be the insurance premium guys?
my previous insurance company doesn't cover evo so i need to find others..any suggestion guys?i think its quite hard to find insurance company which covers >10years old performance car edi..really appreciate if u guys can help me. Thanks:driver:
call me 012-2977012, i can assist u in getting the insurance...

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
hi all.newbie here.im planning to get evo IX RS edition (now waiting for loan approval).what do i need to check up before i agree to sign the loan agreement and get the car with no regret
below is the mod list of the car (from what i saw with my own eyes)
-koyorad radiator
-Greddy intercooler
-HKS BOV
-HKS EVC
-Custom CAI with heat shield
-boost has been increased and got 2 set up (lower is 1.5 bar and highest is 1.7 bar) - running on stock turbo
-fitted with ralliart meter, defi meter and NRAG meter (a lot of meter here and i couldn't understand it all as my current car are n/a rotary car)
-intercooler water injection has been fitted at rear bonnet
the car salesman ask me 155k for the car price.is the price is ok?
what i know from this forum that the engine oil need to change every 5k km, gearbox oil and radiator coolant for every 20k - 25k km
any others maintenance wise i need to know and to take care about the engine healthiness for long time period?
any suggestion for any good workshop in kl for good servicing and maintenance of the car?
below are the pic of the car and the engine bay

thanks and cheers to all
Hmm price a bit too high IMHO cause the body of the car already modified to wide body, and version RS if I'm not mistaken is actually more basic than GSR/MR. A few weeks back there's a GSR from new (not recon unit) and 1st hand owner, all still pretty much original and standard (except for 18' Advan wheels, Tein adjustable, & HKS filter), and relatively low mileage (around 50K) with regular service records and manual still available as proof of the low mileage which was sold for 150K. So I'd say this RS that you're looking at should be quite a bit lower than 150K.

dns271

Dec 11, 2009
negeri sembilan
Hmm price a bit too high IMHO cause the body of the car already modified to wide body, and version RS if I'm not mistaken is actually more basic than GSR/MR. A few weeks back there's a GSR from new (not recon unit) and 1st hand owner, all still pretty much original and standard (except for 18' Advan wheels, Tein adjustable, & HKS filter), and relatively low mileage (around 50K) with regular service records and manual still available as proof of the low mileage which was sold for 150K. So I'd say this RS that you're looking at should be quite a bit lower than 150K.

hi 6UE5t,
today i talk to the salesman.he said the price can be lower a bit.hopefully all documentation process will be smooth. can't wait to drive my childhood dream car.

edison_loy

Known Member
Feb 10, 2008
Dear all master, may I know what the market price for E9 MR year 2006 with mileage 50K KM and 1 owner!!
It is hard to get E9 MR in market? Cos not really not see MR E9 in market!
Need to compare the pricing before make any decision!
Or any source for E9MR?

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi guy

did your konw why to buy this think,how if 2nd hand ?
or any comment for it

thanks

ftfong
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience