Buying a GTR.

kanan

500 RPM
Nov 12, 2005
KL
Hi guys want to ask your opinion recently went to see a skyline. My observation i found

N

Is this a sign to walkaway from this skyline?

Last edited:

gobiz2

Known Member
Nov 11, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Hi guys want to ask your opinion recently went to see a skyline. My observation i found

N

Is this a sign to walkaway from this skyline?
Some undercarriage rust is expected for such an old car. I believe this is R32 correct?
You can send to the bodyshop for treatment with anti-rust wax and tar.

But if the rust is too much, then probably not worth it since chassis might need welding etc.

Also the chassis rails usually gets warped due to people using them as jacking points. They looks ugly but is fine as there is nothing underneath those rails.

However I couldn't see from the pictures properly but if the chassis itself is warped or shows signs of welding then should walk away.

kanan

500 RPM
Nov 12, 2005
KL
Yes u r right its r32 gtst converted to gtr 4wd. Firstly im worried about the chassis rail warped bcoz i tot that the whole car will be weak. isn't it? The owner said its bcoz of hitting a high road bump. The secnd pic, issit normal to have that wet oilly at the gb case? Another thing that i can spot that when the car started,after a while it smells fuel. Issit bcos its running rich? The engine run smooths imobservation. The engine block underneath the exh header also seems wet.

gobiz2

Known Member
Nov 11, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Yes u r right its r32 gtst converted to gtr 4wd. Firstly im worried about the chassis rail warped bcoz i tot that the whole car will be weak. isn't it? The owner said its bcoz of hitting a high road bump. The secnd pic, issit normal to have that wet oilly at the gb case? Another thing that i can spot that when the car started,after a while it smells fuel. Issit bcos its running rich? The engine run smooths imobservation. The engine block underneath the exh header also seems wet.
The chassis rail itself doesn't give much structural strength to the chassis. I was worried as well as mine are also deformed due to improper jackings on them. I checked in the workshop manual and was reassured.

However I couldn't see clearly on your pic but it seemed like the whole underbody segment in that picture was pushed upwards?

My gearbox also leaks at a few places. It's not serious as I've checked the gbox oil and the level is still high. It's just a hazard of the gearbox coming up and down a few times. You can check the gearbox oil level via a nut on the side of the gearbox.

Fuel smell can be due to so many reasons, eg. braided fuel hoses, leaky hoses, running rich etc.

I'd recommend for you to bring the car to a mechanic for inspection if you are serious.

These cars are around 20 years old and have been modded to the extreme... they will give you lots of headaches. :listen:

---------- Post added at 11:59 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:53 PM ----------

Its a very common problem with skylines:
Please Give Me Some Idea On How To Repair Dent In Chassis Rail - Skylines Australia

Crushed Sills On R32 Gtr - Skylines Australia

Are Chassis Rails & Sills Repairable? - Skylines Australia

kanan

500 RPM
Nov 12, 2005
KL
based on my chat with the current owner (third owner), he rarely driven this car since when he bought this car, bcoz at the same time he was getting addicted to mountain biking. However the second owner (a half cut owner in semenyih) he said modded this car to drift if i'm not mistaken. The warped chassis rail could be because of the collision with something while drifting. the warped length is more than 1ft from my observation. As you said it will more headaches rather than fun.. I just walk away from this car then.. thanks very much for your view on this.

rokok_sebatang

Known Member
Nov 24, 2007
based on my chat with the current owner (third owner), he rarely driven this car since when he bought this car, bcoz at the same time he was getting addicted to mountain biking. However the second owner (a half cut owner in semenyih) he said modded this car to drift if i'm not mistaken. The warped chassis rail could be because of the collision with something while drifting. the warped length is more than 1ft from my observation. As you said it will more headaches rather than fun.. I just walk away from this car then.. thanks very much for your view on this.
y don't u try taking a look at this R32 bro.. :smokin:
Nissan Skyline R32 RB20DET - Cars for sale Selangor - Mudah.my

Temujin

1,000 RPM
Nov 5, 2004
Selangor
Visit site
Neat n shining r32! Ill try see this car also if possible. Btw which gtr did the engine below came from? R32 gtr the head cover is black rite?

The head cover can always be painted bro.

Looking at the CAS, it could be an R32 or early Series I R33 RB26...

sc500z

Known Member
Nov 12, 2008
Hi bros,

i am getting a gtr 34 vspec II 03

can someone help with these questions that i have?:

1. what is it that i need to check on the car, engine, transmission etc. before i buy?
2. where to service (honest, friendly and reasonable) and friend of yours to recommend?
3. does anyone know about this car in sabah gtr 03/08 vspec II?

i am going there to have a look while working there.

Hope you guys can help!
i wouldnt want to be cheated by buying this car, so i am seeking advice.

thanks a lot bros.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

To all sifu's which may guide my on this problem,

I'm going to installed 390cc injector(mitsu gsr) to take over my std injector 255cc(nissan march).But there's too much question on my mind including some bad explanation from foreman outthere.

I also have a piggy back(r-fit),quite same as safc2.

the question are,

1.can my car started when i start the engine(seem it will be to rich fuel mixture)
2.how to set the afc...do i need to set +50% or -50% to tipu my ecu to send low fuel...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience