Buying a GTR.

Mr.JY

Known Member
May 3, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
I too am interested in getting my hands on the GTR R34. But turbo engines is really very confusing to learn compared to N/A engine. Not to mention their maintenance cost as well.

But the fun fact about Turbo engine is that you can to extract A LOT of hp by just a simple intake and exhaust mods. Because of my lack of knowledge in Turbo engine, have to just get a DC5 or a R35 which require no mods as it's already powerful enough in stock.

Turbo engine is just so hard to learn when you know nuts about them. Don't even know where to start. Guides anyone? If only I can, R34 is definitely NOT a dream anymore.

V-Spec

Nov 28, 2003
Get the car dude. Come to TT and absorb all the poison.

Temujin

1,000 RPM
Nov 5, 2004
Selangor
Visit site
I too am interested in getting my hands on the GTR R34. But turbo engines is really very confusing to learn compared to N/A engine. Not to mention their maintenance cost as well.

But the fun fact about Turbo engine is that you can to extract A LOT of hp by just a simple intake and exhaust mods. Because of my lack of knowledge in Turbo engine, have to just get a DC5 or a R35 which require no mods as it's already powerful enough in stock.

Turbo engine is just so hard to learn when you know nuts about them. Don't even know where to start. Guides anyone? If only I can, R34 is definitely NOT a dream anymore.
Let the mechanics worry about that la bro. U dont need to be an engineer to own a turbo-ed car.. Just enjoy the drives.. :biggrin:

[PIMPIN]

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004

That's what we are all here for. Join prominent Skyline forums like SAU and GTROC. Read the sticky threads there. Do the same here. If you don't understand something, do a search and its most likely something that has been discussed at length. Failing that, just start a thread to get the answers you're looking for. The guys here are pretty open and don't mind sharing knowledge and experiences. Like what V-Spec said, come for a TT and spend some time chatting with the guys in person and you'll see what I mean.

To not buy a turbo car simply because you do not understand it is a pretty poor excuse. I don't understand how the mechanism in a watch works but that doesn't stop me from buying one. All engines generally work the same (disclaimer in case some rotary guy comes along) so if you buy an R35 or a DC5 it doesn't matter. Although some are more advanced and some are in different layouts (inline, V or now W), they all have crankshafts and pistons and camshafts and intakes and exhausts, etc etc.

None of us were born knowing much besides eat, sleep and cry. Along the way we acquire knowledge some more than others. If you are really passionate about something, you'd take the time to learn about it and everyone on this forum is testament to that fact. Come join and be one of us.

i just hope more R34 GTR owners upgrade their rides to R35 now...so there'll be more R34 GTR for me to choose....:biggrin:
Not to start a war, but if you go on overseas forums there are those who'd argue if that would be an upgrade or not hahah. Seems to be common on GTROC especially. But good luck in your search and hope you find one soon. If you need opinions, etc just fire away.

Mr.JY

Known Member
May 3, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
You have a point there, R. Most of the time, the best way to get to know something is for you to own it and learn it first hand.

fokyerdoder84

Known Member
Feb 4, 2008
johor
pimpin...u'r right...join the TT n know each other in da family will boost up the knwledges..
but the thing is,'fisherman' like me got no chance to join the TT,always missed it...uwaaaaaaa:bawling:

udengfahlawi

1,000 RPM
Dec 3, 2004
putrajaya
Visit site
[PIMPIN];1063535685 said:
Not to start a war, but if you go on overseas forums there are those who'd argue if that would be an upgrade or not hahah. Seems to be common on GTROC especially. But good luck in your search and hope you find one soon. If you need opinions, etc just fire away.
i've heard/read abt that too....yet am still hoping may local R34 GTR owners wud upgrade if not to R35 mayb to Gallardo, Ferrari, etc....so I can get my hands on their GTR at good price (since they are so happy with their new cars)....:biggrin:

quite recently someone told me his fren sold his R34 GTR to buy the new Evo10....Evo10 is more fun than R34 GTR?....:hmmmm:

[PIMPIN]

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
i've heard/read abt that too....yet am still hoping may local R34 GTR owners wud upgrade if not to R35 mayb to Gallardo, Ferrari, etc....so I can get my hands on their GTR at good price (since they are so happy with their new cars)....:biggrin:

quite recently someone told me his fren sold his R34 GTR to buy the new Evo10....Evo10 is more fun than R34 GTR?....:hmmmm:
I have a theory on this and I could be wrong. But its just my personal opinion of which we're all entitled to heheh.

The R34GTR is a much older car and were never cheap to buy, modify, insure and maintain even when they were new when compared to their Japanese competitors like the Evo and the STI. As the years go by and the mods increase, more things tend to fail and this adds to the cost of ownership.

Now that the earlier R34GTRs are over a decade old, the ones which are still under 10 years old will soon be harder to sell as prospective buyers in future would need to pay in cash for the most part. If they do manage to secure financing for the newer R34s then obviously the interest rates won't be in their favor not to mention huge down payment.

On the other hand, the Evo X is a new car so not only is it easier to finance you also have something that mechanically is less likely to fail. There isn't any wear and tear or previous accidents etc to worry about. It's most likely those going from R34GTRs could have settled their payments on the car and after selling, they are left with considerable cash. Since the newer car would require lesser down payment and also probably a lower interest rate, the extra money could be invested elsewhere or even used for additional modifications.

udengfahlawi

1,000 RPM
Dec 3, 2004
putrajaya
Visit site
i think your theory does make sense....but i still going for the R34GTR....worst is people gonna come to me and ask "ori GTR or GTT convert GTR?".....much better than "wow, nice Inspira conversion, mana buat?".....:biggrin:

[PIMPIN]

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
i think your theory does make sense....but i still going for the R34GTR....worst is people gonna come to me and ask "ori GTR or GTT convert GTR?".....much better than "wow, nice Inspira conversion, mana buat?".....:biggrin:
That's pretty common bro. Just answer nicely and they'll appreciate it. Some genuinely don't know. My cousin got asked that about his Evo 6.5 TME. His people skills are slightly different so he drove off haha. :burnout:

udengfahlawi

1,000 RPM
Dec 3, 2004
putrajaya
Visit site
out of curiousity....if there is a TT...and someone who doesn't has a GTR, yet, showed up n linger around just to further boost his interest and test his own patience....is he allowed to do that?...or is it restricted to owners only?....:embarassed:

[PIMPIN]

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
out of curiousity....if there is a TT...and someone who doesn't has a GTR, yet, showed up n linger around just to further boost his interest and test his own patience....is he allowed to do that?...or is it restricted to owners only?....:embarassed:
Sorry, you're not allowed to linger around. :biggrin:

Be a man, do the right thing LOL! Just come up and say hello, introduce yourself and what nickname you go by on ZTH. Order a drink and get to know us lah. Doesn't matter if you've yet to own a Skyline. If you're sincere in wanting to know more about this disease we're inflicted with, then we'll reciprocate accordingly. We were once in your shoes too, wanted a Skyline and needed info and advice. And when I got my first Skyline nearly a decade ago, things were very much different. Forums weren't as informative so consider yourself lucky to come in at a time when we now are willing and also able to share actual knowledge about this passion of ours.

Temujin

1,000 RPM
Nov 5, 2004
Selangor
Visit site
[PIMPIN];1063541210 said:

Sorry, you're not allowed to linger around. :biggrin:

Be a man, do the right thing LOL! Just come up and say hello, introduce yourself and what nickname you go by on ZTH. Order a drink and get to know us lah. Doesn't matter if you've yet to own a Skyline. If you're sincere in wanting to know more about this disease we're inflicted with, then we'll reciprocate accordingly. We were once in your shoes too, wanted a Skyline and needed info and advice. And when I got my first Skyline nearly a decade ago, things were very much different. Forums weren't as informative so consider yourself lucky to come in at a time when we now are willing and also able to share actual knowledge about this passion of ours.

udengfahlawi,

u will be allowed to 'show up n linger around' during our TT only if u meet the requirements below:

1. ur a hot chick/lenglui
2. have a figure of 34b-24-34
3. have a fair complexion
4. at least shoulder length hair, the longer the better
5. attend TT in very thight blouse/tshirt with accompanying miniskirts, shorts or equivalent
6. must not bring boyfriend/husband (if any) to TT
7. must provide with valid handphone number as registration to join the TT

Please note that transportation from house to TT and back can be arranged free of monetary charges (other charges may apply).

:rofl:

Jokes aside as what Mr Pimp has posted earlier, do feel free to join our TTs and gaths. No harm in having new acquaintances, furthermore with the similar interest of GT-Rs.

:driver:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hey guys,

Yesterday when I was searching at Google for the fastest Kancil ever, I saw a person named Jee or something like that said in a forum (btw it is an old forum as it was posted on 2006) NSDrag kancil participate in class A Sepang Drag Battle and it got 2nd place as it lose to a Cefiro. He continued that its 400m time was 10.5 seconds. If I am not mistaken actually the fastest kancil is 12s right? Can anyone tell me whether this is true or not?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience