Buying a Bmw 330e

sweelt

2,000 RPM
Nov 6, 2016
Penang
Long ago I tried Shell Ron 97, not good result. Immediately feel under powered. Lately tried 95, really struggle....lol
maybe depend on location and how they mix before sent out to station. Around my area shell give shitty results.
I'm good with caltex, bhp, petron.

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
Long ago I tried Shell Ron 97, not good result. Immediately feel under powered. Lately tried 95, really struggle....lol
Perhaps your VR is very demanding, all my engines are consider quite modernised even for the 1JZ. Even for my Volvo S60, RON95 runs just that little retarded in response but going Genting all the way uphil, not a problem.

Even my Lancer on RON95 still can run at some good speed.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Perhaps your VR is very demanding, all my engines are consider quite modernised even for the 1JZ. Even for my Volvo S60, RON95 runs just that little retarded in response but going Genting all the way uphil, not a problem.

Even my Lancer on RON95 still can run at some good speed.
So far, got a few friends and even my mechanic mention Shell fuel not good for their cars. Even my daughter says her Chery SUV runs better on petron than shell.....lol. But Shell station have more customers, because they have more stations and many uses their fleet card. Maybe you should try Petron or BHP on one of your cars, maybe you are missing out because no comparison........hahhahahhaha

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
maybe depend on location and how they mix before sent out to station. Around my area shell give shitty results.
I'm good with caltex, bhp, petron.
haha, you also. VR on shell after 2nd tank (probably by then other brand fuel gone) starts to splutter after 3k rpm. Revs refuse to go up, off air con slightly better, so had to go back to petron.....lol

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
So far, got a few friends and even my mechanic mention Shell fuel not good for their cars. Even my daughter says her Chery SUV runs better on petron than shell.....lol. But Shell station have more customers, because they have more stations and many uses their fleet card. Maybe you should try Petron or BHP on one of your cars, maybe you are missing out because no comparison........hahhahahhaha
I pumped Petron RON100 on the 1JZ when it was fresh out from the garage, at least for few weeks. Once i switched over to RON95, i found out it slows the response a little, but still would not slow the car down drastically.

For Lancer, it runs better on RON100 too especially higher RPM. On RON95, it still quite eager to go, suffers abit loss at low end.

For Volvo S60 T4, same case as 1JZ, but low rev is abit noisy.

What to do, my free petrol is only available for Shell. Not planning to spend so much money on Petrol when i have 3 cars to hoon.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Bro i want to quiet down to 90% close to stock sound. Currently i only have a straight flow resonator, and straight flow Fujitsubo muffler. According to the modder, this setup is good for current engine setup. My front and mid section exhaust pipe = 2.5", then joined up with 3" rear muffler.
I helped a Evo 8 with this setup but had an additional resonator before the mid resonator. A special twisty type one. There are other things to further reduce drone and noise but I need to see the car space to suggest anything. The Evo had a full 3" front to back setup with exactly the same things you have except with an additional pre-resonator resonator. haha

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
I helped a Evo 8 with this setup but had an additional resonator before the mid resonator. A special twisty type one. There are other things to further reduce drone and noise but I need to see the car space to suggest anything. The Evo had a full 3" front to back setup with exactly the same things you have except with an additional pre-resonator resonator. haha
My Evo is similar setup using HKS J pipe, Trust titanium cat back, still with a mid silencer but the cat converter already removed. To me it is pretty quiet actually, no droning so no need to add anything anymore.

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
Then we need to setup a meeting to discuss over this. Day by day i just drive super fast so that the engine rev past the “droning” RPM.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
I pumped Petron RON100 on the 1JZ when it was fresh out from the garage, at least for few weeks. Once i switched over to RON95, i found out it slows the response a little, but still would not slow the car down drastically.

For Lancer, it runs better on RON100 too especially higher RPM. On RON95, it still quite eager to go, suffers abit loss at low end.

For Volvo S60 T4, same case as 1JZ, but low rev is abit noisy.

What to do, my free petrol is only available for Shell. Not planning to spend so much money on Petrol when i have 3 cars to hoon.
My VR really bad, so much so even my daughter drive say why no more power......lol Actually I have free Shell too but have to go and pump my own Petron......:smokin:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
My Evo is similar setup using HKS J pipe, Trust titanium cat back, still with a mid silencer but the cat converter already removed. To me it is pretty quiet actually, no droning so no need to add anything anymore.
You're using all the top end expensive stuff. Fuh!

Then we need to setup a meeting to discuss over this. Day by day i just drive super fast so that the engine rev past the “droning” RPM.
Jom TT one of these days.

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi there, Im new in here. Im from bangi and just lost my car key. To make the problem worse, i dun have any spare key as it was second hand car. LoL...

So, anyone know where i can remake the key?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience