Burn Spark Plug!!

chokia15

Oct 4, 2012
Kuching
Dear all ZTH sifu,

My honda eg B16A auto for the last few weeks has a serious jerking issue. It actually started months ago but got worse last few weeks. At first it was once in a while then it become more serious and jerk everytime when stop and moving also. The car felt heavy and does not accelerate well. After checking with my mechanic it is due to burn spark plug (again), which i have just change (NGK cooper) in July and less than 3k mileage. Before that my NGK irridium also lasted less than 10 months and around 8k mileage.

The problem is that there is no visible burn mark on the spark plug and my mechanic also not sure what causes d plug to burn. He check the plug cable the spark was good (arospeed triple core spark cable).

Please advise me what can be the cause of these problem?

Thanks in advance to all ZTH sifu!!

xtremeleo

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2005
post pix of the plugs, dat wud help a lot.. but, fyi, honda's dizzys are known to feck up without notice.. check dat and report back sir

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Burnt plugs do not mean actually got burnt but shorted and not sparking properly to ignite your fuel. The plugs should look like No:2 picture dry fouling...
NGK Spark Plugs USA

chokia15

Oct 4, 2012
Kuching
Not really.. just change new spark plug and still not sure wat was the initial problem. Down the road it will get burn again.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Not really.. just change new spark plug and still not sure wat was the initial problem. Down the road it will get burn again.
Try fitting back your original plug cables and use first. If still burn then not the cables....

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

PETALING JAYA, 23 August – Persona, the new born in the PROTON stable, has received a better than expected response from consumers with over 8,000 bookings since PROTON began marketing the sedan.<br><br>“We are happy with the response received thus far. We are also touched by our consumers’ belief in us. Two thousand two hundred of them booked the Persona without seeing it during the...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience