Buka Puasa

[PIMPIN]

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
Buka Puasa (Tentatively 13 or 14 August 2011?)

Buka Puasa (Tentatively 13 or 14 August 2011?)

Well Ramadan is upon us once again and as usual Malaysians regardless of religion take the opportunity to get together and break fast with friends, family etc. But its also a time for us to remember those less fortunate than us - the poor, the handicapped, the orphaned, the homeless and more. In that spirit, I was wondering if any of the guys here would be interested in breaking fast with perhaps the kids from an orphanage somewhere in KL or perhaps a homeless shelter. I don't have any particular charity in mind so if anyone feels strongly about a certain cause or know of any, please suggest.

If there is interest, then we'd need to be quick since scheduling during the fasting month is a lot tighter than other times. Any ideas? For example, a boys orphanage would get a kick out of a bunch of Skylines turning up at their place. Of course bear in mind, that breaking fast would of course mean we'd need to collect some money among us for the food, etc.

Just thought I'd put it out there and see what people thought. I'll be doing much of the same throughout the fasting month and thought it would be nice if this year could include the Skyline boys for once.

Cheers.

P.S: Obviously all are welcome regardless of beliefs and even those like Feez yang ponteng puasa also especially welcome :biggrin:

Attachments

Last edited:

Eagle

Known Member
Jun 29, 2009
You have a good heart Pimpin. will support this initiative

z34

Known Member
May 5, 2009
mr PIMPIN should be nominated as tokoh Ramadhan. (do we have one?) like tokoh Maal Hijrah. hehehe

[PIMPIN]

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
You have a good heart Pimpin. will support this initiative
Hahah if by good heart you mean heavy right foot then guilty as charged! But thanks for support.

I'm in for the good cause....:driver::driver:
Great! Looking forward to meeting one of the latest owner to join our ranks.

mr PIMPIN should be nominated as tokoh Ramadhan. (do we have one?) like tokoh Maal Hijrah. hehehe
Please lah, if anything vote me for Ibu Mithali or Most Eligible Bachelor. :biggrin:

Kidding aside, the reason for this is of course another reason for us to all get together since the coming Ramadan will probably mean no TTs or GTJ drives. At the same time, what harm could it do for us to include the less fortunate for a change. Certainly won't hurt and it's something different for a change.

If there are suggestions as to which charity organization or NGO we'd like to buka puasa then now's the time to contribute your ideas. I think for now the type of charity should remain open until we all agree with something everyone is comfortable with. Looking forward to suggestions and I sincerely hope for some input from everyone.

rokok_sebatang

Known Member
Nov 24, 2007
I'm also support on this..long time being talk with my wife to visit orphanage house..very good activity especially on ramadhan :smokin: feez can be one of our main sponsor (byk brng half cut dh jual tu..masyuk!!) :party:

[PIMPIN]

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
Thanks for the show of support since we've never done something like this before as a group. However, are there any charity organizations that any of you feel particularly strongly about?

[PIMPIN]

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
Any ideas on which charity we'd like to buka puasa with? For the past couple of years among the charities which I've managed to buka puasa with is Badan Amal Nur Zaharah and they are located about 30 minutes from KL. Their exact address is:

Badan Amal Nur Zaharah
Lot 27797
Kg. Sum Sum Hilir
Janda Baik

This is not an orphanage but what I guess you could call a general shelter for children as they not only take in orphans from all over the country but boys and girls of nearly all ages from broken homes, that were victims of abuse and those living in hardcore poverty.

I haven't been there for sometime so I don't know how many children they have at the moment but I'm guessing around 50. However, during Ramadan especially towards the end of the fasting month the numbers would drop sometimes by half as many of the children would have returned to their families.

If there is interest in meeting the children there for buka puasa then I'll call the administrator, Ustaz Yahya to find out if they have yet to be 'booked' on the 13th of August. The easiest way would be for us to go to them and usually the food, etc will be taken care of them and we foot the bill. That way it makes it much easier than us having to worry about preparations.

Besides that, there are many more charities located closer to KL and PJ areas but the problem is that during Ramadan, charities are in 'high demand' as companies and people alike host buka puasa sometimes nearly everyday. With that in mind, I cannot promise that Nur Zaharah will be free on the 13th but its less likely that the ones closer to KL and PJ would be either. Upon reflection, I realize its a bit late given the slower response time we tend to have when it comes to gatherings. Not nitpicking but its something I should have taken into account.

Besides that, I'd actually prefer it if there were suggestions from everyone because surely there are charities close to your hearts. There are a few other causes I'm keen to work with although I'm not sure how suitable they are for Ramadan and secondly I'm not sure how most would react to the homeless people of KL for example.

For now lets just organize a simple buka puasa or for non-Muslims just consider it an early dinner with a group of less fortunate children. Also, for those who cannot make it but would like to donate money towards food, etc please let me know. There is also the option of contributing directly to the charity during the rest of the year by contacting:

Ustaz Yahya bin Yusof (012-6271549)
Badan Amal Nur Zaharah
Lot 27797
Kg. Sum Sum Hilir
Janda Baik

Thanks for reading and look forward to some replies. Again, bear in mind that other suggestions for places where we can buka puasa are still very much welcome.

Temujin

1,000 RPM
Nov 5, 2004
Selangor
Visit site
Honestly I don't have any preference to any charities as yet.

So if the idea is to go to Nur Zaharah, I'm all for it.

Not only will we be doing something for charity, the drive would be enjoyed as well :biggrin:

[PIMPIN]

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
Buka Puasa - 13 August 2011

1) [PIMPIN]
2) Temujin

Not sure if Eagle and Mistaken Identity are still up for it. The rest please add names including number of people if more than one.

khairil_1

Known Member
Jul 17, 2006
Last year feez n br arrange bebuka kat hotel.this year any other place should be fine with me.im in..
1) [PIMPIN]
2) Temujin
3) khairil

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi Guyz,

Just wanted to share. My car was stolen last Saturday. Plate no WFR6190. Matte black color. Appreciate if anyone see this car on the road please help to inform me. Or if you guys got any chance how to help me to trace back my car, I would really appreciate that. Although it's just an old car but the sentimental value really meant a lots to me…
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience