Bubbling sound after semi-hard driving

overhaul

Known Member
Nov 2, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
Guys, sorry to say this, but it ain't 'normal' to have bubbling sounds coming from your engine area...... it just isn't..... and changing your cap to a higher value is definetely dangerous, meaning the pipes and all are supposed to take up to 1.3 bars before the valve gives way?!! That can't be right, for those running standard internals. Anyway, if after 1.5 minutes things are still bubbling, you should take a look at the coolant system..... correct water/coolant mixture? enough coolant at all? coolant quality? new standard cap? temperature indication? radiator/hoses clean? lots of things la..... drop by my house and maybe we could have a talk-talk about it...... jom nilai 3!! hehehehe .......

i m planning change the radiator water and add on coolant by myself.can u show me hw to do?i want to put out all the water in radiator and pipes.:rolleyes:

oblivion

Known Member
Oct 6, 2006
eddysw20, hmm, not normal eh. I will check with the mechanic. I think the radiator has been bled before and actually i'm using pure coolant only. I am using those that no need to mix with water. I read the mr2 manual and it is recommended by toyota to use pre mix coolant.

well, for my car, there are no signs of overheating. after the engine shut down, i turn on ignition again to see the temperature, it is slightly lower than with the engine on.

thanks for the offer for chit chat :) i'm sure i'll learn a lot from it .:) if i go to those parts, i'll buzz you la. :)

Sep 6, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
hello guys n gals, fyi i am a new member here in zerotohundred. just wanna share my experience on 3sgte mr2 overheating/bubbling sound.

after long drive, there is bubbling sound coming from the engine bay. (it could be in reservoir)
start car while still cold, water is pouring out from the radiator cap, but not much..

well for the first case, i guess, maybe..its too hot and when u turn off the engine the water is boiling thus pushing the water out..need to check the water when the next ride...

second case, i dun know whether this theory ngam or not..
1. engine cold start, thermostat close, pressure is after thermostat, thus pouring out..engine is warm, thermostat open, suck water/coolant and operating as normal..head problem, engine cold start, suck water when rev, after warm, start pushing water (breathing),
there is one way to tell whether ur head is ok or not (hahahaha i mean the engine head) is to squeeze the hose before the radiator cap when its hot. if it is stiff, like wanna burst feeling , kembang, then main suspect is the head breathing..no good.

2. there is air locked inside our coolant system (radiator), u know, when we flush the coolant, after that we just pour water from the radiator cap. then there is air inside the radiator..so when we start the engine, u can see bubble coming out (not much tho)..mr2 radiator in front , engine is mid, coolant hoses are long, so to get 100 percent water/coolant in the radiator is quite difficult..

i may be wrong :)

i am just a newbie here, just wanna give my opinion ..sorry if my comments dont make sense.. :)

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

my car's headlamp(the right one) is either burn or wiring problem.Its the normal bulb that isnt working,not the small or high beam.so if want to change the headlamp,do i have to change the entire headlamp or can i just change the bulb?and did somebody posted on how to D.I.Y the headlamp?if have can give me the link.im planning to buy the headlamp/bulb and do it myself.it shouldnt be hard rite?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience