BT stock engine got black smoke? Need advice.

muzhaffar

Known Member
Dec 1, 2008
no worries.. blacktop got black smoke wan.... it's normal... toyota runs their engine slightly richer.. but if u drive silvertop.. it's abit different.. silver smoke come out wan...

*cabut*
run in rich mixture is better than run in lean

muzhaffar

Known Member
Dec 1, 2008
if the black smoke come out, u're wasting your fuel..
fuel burn incompletely..

chuckie

500 RPM
Jun 17, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
i read an article regarding this issue but forgot where. it seems must check so called O2 sensor (i don know either correct name or not but it's sensor with attach at exhaust) at exhaust bcoz it'll determine the fuel ratio in smoke which going through the exhaust. it'll send the signal to ecu to self programming on the correct fuel ratio.

muzhaffar

Known Member
Dec 1, 2008
i read an article regarding this issue but forgot where. it seems must check so called O2 sensor (i don know either correct name or not but it's sensor with attach at exhaust) at exhaust bcoz it'll determine the fuel ratio in smoke which going through the exhaust. it'll send the signal to ecu to self programming on the correct fuel ratio.
how about if the ecu does not send error signal during diagnose but the problem still occur?
my car also produce black smoke..
i use iridium plug with recomended heat range
then, when i try bosch super 4, the smoke still come out but not as much as before
also try to clean the o2 sensor but doesn't give much effect..
anybody face this prob before and manage to solve it
btw, the smoke smell like it run in rich mixture during idling?
is it possible cause by external pump which give excess presure to the fuel line?
or could it be due to the dirty throttle body?
where is good shop that can clean blacktop throttle body and synchronize it?
how much would it cost?

EDRA

500 RPM
Nov 15, 2006
bro i suggest u see 20v expertise. they know what to do. go to kegani autotech workshop. if u get the result tell us.

caleb_5375

1,000 RPM
Jul 21, 2007
actually BT running rich is normal one..indeed too much of fuel will cause u waste of fuel and lost of power...but this stock air fuel setup is to let run rich on high rev so u won't blow ur engine..
ok..i got a fren who got a special tools for tuning the 4 throttle intake. u need that tools to balanced out the all 4 throttle air sucking. but runing rich syok mah..got flame on ur exhaust if u notice it..hehe..u just rev and rev then it will POP out...

caleb_5375

1,000 RPM
Jul 21, 2007
yoyoyo nappx..me now at damansara...so miss u lah bro long time din see u d ..how r u lately? did u fix d ur haltech ?

caleb_5375

1,000 RPM
Jul 21, 2007
har!!!! u sold oso ??? how come ??? so now u drive wat car leh ??? aiks is a shock to me y u so love toyota oso sold it?? did u buy alteza d??? oh ..tak nak kasi wa tau u tukar kete mewah mewah lah...hahahahaha

anuar_fadzli

500 RPM
May 10, 2005
kl
har!!!! u sold oso ??? how come ??? so now u drive wat car leh ??? aiks is a shock to me y u so love toyota oso sold it?? did u buy alteza d??? oh ..tak nak kasi wa tau u tukar kete mewah mewah lah...hahahahaha
napxx next project. maybe heheh:rofl:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Courtesy of several European magazines, twelve high-resolution images of the all new Land Rover LRX concept have leaked online ahead of the crossover’s official debut. In the first half of this year, Land Rover released a single teaser image of the two door SUV. It will be on display at the Detroit auto show.

Its styling seems to be the same as the recently revealed BMW X6. This seems to...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience