Bridgestone RE003 vs Michelin Pilot Sport 3 (PS3)

sanekit

1,500 RPM
Dec 9, 2015
Petaling Jaya
The shop i went was doing a promo. RM200 trade in old tyres. I changed all 4. My previous tyres, both rear all pretty worn out except for the front. So, untung a bit laa..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
The shop i went was doing a promo. RM200 trade in old tyres. I changed all 4. My previous tyres, both rear all pretty worn out except for the front. So, untung a bit laa..

What the hell? That's a damn good trade in price

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya

Should be about same price as g4i8y0t since 200 with trade in against 210 without trade in

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
I think prices went up recently. I paid RM170/pc for 195/50 R15. No brainer man at that price. Bought 2 donuts to replace a GYF1D5 that got sidewall damage. This was last year, I think around September/October.

Considering tires are still so new, wear is still okay. No compound peeling off like PS3 so far.
Wah that's a good buy indeed, PS3 at least rm220-240, F1D5 around rm190-200 that time I think.
Hmm I was actually looking for it around Oct also but unfortunately for my size all finished already.

Peeling or chipping may have to wait a little longer I suppose, might not show yet for now. My CSC5 & CSC3 also still smooth for now.

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Wah that's a good buy indeed, PS3 at least rm220-240, F1D5 around rm190-200 that time I think.
Hmm I was actually looking for it around Oct also but unfortunately for my size all finished already.

Peeling or chipping may have to wait a little longer I suppose, might not show yet for now. My CSC5 & CSC3 also still smooth for now.
Yup.. damn good buy. That's why hands down, no questions asked. RE003.

195/50 is slightly cheaper then 195/55
The place I got it from, offered for the same price back then. Of course, stock was limited, I had to call in advance and book. I can only guess that stock shortage is a real problem now.

Tom

TIMETOATTACK
Helmet Clan
Jul 6, 2000
Kuala Lumpur
I used PS3, GYF1D5 and RE003 now.

While it is said that PS3 has better wet traction versus RE003 AND GYF1D5, that doesn't mean the RE003 is bad. What it means that if you go through a standing water - not exactly a deep puddle, but a damp patch, the RE003 will be slightly uncomposed. Aquaplane performance, PS3 is tops.

Dry tracking, that's where RE003 shines. It feels sharper on inputs, versus the PS3. I'm not sure why, but RE003 seems to give me more confidence. I've never broke traction with any of the 3 tires even powering out of the corner @ full boost, FWD.

Wet cornering, I've never really pushed it that far, cause I drive on the streets, don't be an idiot. But I have no issues with the RE003.

As for stiffer sidewall.. I'm pretty happy with the NVH of the RE003. If anything, PS3 does not wear gracefully. As it wears down, it does get noisier.

Out of the 3, I am happy to use RE003 because its the cheapest. And the performance is great. If the price difference between RE003 and PS3 is small, I'd put them on my father/mother/brother/imaginary girlfriend's car. But for myself, I'd still go with the RE003 if its cheaper. If the price is the same, I'd go for the PS3 for the slight benefit in the wet.

GYF1D5.. Dry doesn't feel so sharp, wavers a bit, wet is ok, not too bad. I'd say for Dry its slightly behind RE003, wet is the same if not better. PS3 is definitely better than both in the wet, dry its better than the GYF1D5, RE003 is better in the dry.

Good findings there Ixeo, thanks for shedding light onto both choices

Temujin

1,000 RPM
Nov 5, 2004
Selangor
Visit site
I've used GY RS Sport which treadwear sucked. Then GYF1A2 which I liked its wet performance. Then RE050A which was a good all rounder until about 70% which then grip was really non-existant. Now using AD08R which has awesome dry grip. Still the same awful wet grip as in the older AD07 though.

Might wanna try the RE003 next tyre change if the price is cheaper than the AD08R.

Worst tyre ever for me was the Sime Tyre FTZ. Literally no grip and only lasted me merely 4 mths of daily driving. Lol.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
I've used GY RS Sport which treadwear sucked. Then GYF1A2 which I liked its wet performance. Then RE050A which was a good all rounder until about 70% which then grip was really non-existant. Now using AD08R which has awesome dry grip. Still the same awful wet grip as in the older AD07 though.

Might wanna try the RE003 next tyre change if the price is cheaper than the AD08R.

Worst tyre ever for me was the Sime Tyre FTZ. Literally no grip and only lasted me merely 4 mths of daily driving. Lol.
You jump from extreme tyres back to Max performance then back to extreme again. Extreme are outright dry tyres that is why in the wet is poor, however Max performance tyres are balance of dry and wet. Good in dry but not the level of extreme tyres dry. Since my ride is for daily I normally stick to Max tyres for my priorities.

Sime FTZ? or do you mean Silverstone FTZ Evo 8. Even though class as their highest performer is way below others. Probably put them in HP category only. Even their newer Atlantis V7 is not that good.