Bridgestone RE002 or Toyo T1R Feedback

C99D-MMC5537

Known Member
Jan 9, 2008
Been using both tyres. My opinion is like this:
Dry - re002
Wet - re002
Anti-Aquaplanning - t1r (inflate below 30psi. if more, the anti-aquaplanning capability will gone)
Treadwear - t1r last longer than re002
Braking in both wet & dry - re002
Steering feedback - re002.

T1R may look bad in most aspect. But remember, it better in the most important aspect which is anti-aquaplanning (especially in Malaysia). Dont forget to check for Nitto Neo-gen @ good-year eagle directional 5 which I heard also good in anti-aquaplanning. GY not a top choice in our country even their product is good.

C99D-MMC5537

Known Member
Jan 9, 2008
If you drive very careful in rainy day, then RE002 is better for u (especially if u like to take hard-corner in dry). it stop better in rain, and excel in other aspect if compare to T1R. But it also wear out faster than T1R. Cant comment on GY Directional 5 and Nitto Neo-Gen since i have no experience with them. But once my current T1R wear-off, i surely will give a try for Nitto Neo-Gen after considering it good price and good feedback from website @ forum.

es2611

500 RPM
Jan 10, 2006
been using both tires but in different sizes, id say RE002 better than T1r in overall stats.
T1r had a slight tendency to "makan tepi" altho i always monitor the tire pressure and chamber. at least for my case.

do u guys really think japan made tires real good? probably good for their weather and road conditions but hell apart from ours.
thats why id say thai/indo made BS/michelin came closest to our weather.

C99D-MMC5537

Known Member
Jan 9, 2008
been using both tires but in different sizes, id say RE002 better than T1r in overall stats.
T1r had a slight tendency to "makan tepi" altho i always monitor the tire pressure and chamber. at least for my case.

do u guys really think japan made tires real good? probably good for their weather and road conditions but hell apart from ours.
thats why id say thai/indo made BS/michelin came closest to our weather.
Yes, even if u have a slight negative camber the thread will look like u doing the stupid "hella-flush @ stance @ etc" style over-negative camber to your car. :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

issuzark

500 RPM
Sep 4, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
Theres still all weather tyres and summer tyres ma. Which they have.
Them UHP and Extreme tyres are considered as summer tires everywhere though.

Yes, even if u have a slight negative camber the thread will look like u doing the stupid "hella-flush @ stance @ etc" style over-negative camber to your car. :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
I thought stance isn't that popular here? But that's really dumb. :rofl:

still better than those beemers with 18 inch 19 inch but rolling on cheap ass tires bro. hehe
I tell everyone it's for safety purposes when I go fast mah. :rofl:
Got to put a potenza sticker soon too :rofl:

es2611

500 RPM
Jan 10, 2006
Theres still all weather tyres and summer tyres ma. Which they have.
all summer tires still too extreme for poor old roads in msia. a set of my AD08 only last me about 25k km.

well.. im not into silly hella stance things, but my ride is set to have slight -ve camber off the bat.
with lotsa potholes in and around my workplace, cant help it to get into one of em everyday of the week therefore monitoring my camber is paramount.

es2611

500 RPM
Jan 10, 2006
UTQG?
Also, how'd it compare to say, the R1R, if you've tried it?
UTQG = Uniform Tire Quality Grade
id say the UTQG differs from one manufacturer to another. different manufacturer has their own secret and blend.

AD08 = 180 AA A
R1R = 140 AA A

in layman's term, the lower the number the the higher the wear rates therefore higher grips provided.

nah i never consider R1r since the UTQG was too low for daily drive. altho AD08 quite low as well but just "gatal" to try a set.

evo2006

Known Member
Dec 22, 2006
i also have to made decision between t1r and re002 as my rear tyre. i m just ask the tyre shop,the price for my 205/45/16 is rm360, wheras re002 are lack of stock now due to bridgestone are now focus on production on ecopia

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Have you ever wanted to race a truck? Well now you can do so (although virtually), now that Forza 6 has released their Turn 10 Select car pack, letting you have access to the 1080-hp 2015 Mercedes #24 Tankpool24 Racing Truck.

The rest of the cars in the...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience