branded oil is a quality oil?

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
which oil? used mcdonald cooking oil or JTX? :hmmmm:

Taken from Mobil 1 website : Mobil 1™ Extended Performance is good for 15,000 miles or one year under normal operating conditions.
(but they say you MUST follow your vehicle manufacturer recommendation)
which means you MUST follow your engine OCI not the engine oil..

Thats only around 24,000km..
Yup, Even oil manufacturer do not claim the long mileage and usually ask to follow car manufacturer OCI

---------- Post added at 09:51 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:48 AM ----------

The funniest claim I've seen by JTX sellers is that there's no "chemicals" in the oil. Must be made of pure crude oil then!

If you have to ask about cleaning detergents like that, you obviously know nothing about engine oils :hmmmm:

Engine oils are made of base oils, detergents, friction modifiers, heat dissipants, etc. The purpose of engine oil isn't just for "protecting" your engine. It lubricates, dissipates heat, cleans the engine of varnish / sludge / carbon (some extent) and all that. So if your oil has no detergents it's pretty useless. If you don't know what varnish, please go read up about it first.

To me a quality oil is one that keeps my engine clean, keeps my engine cool and keeps it running smoothly without breaking down too quickly.

This isn't called dirty tricks. It's called business. There's no such shop that'll sell brands that they don't carry.

Actually, I'm wondering why you're using such a thick oil.
Yup, good explanation. That is why the oil gets dirty and you need to change them when due...

Br. SC mention 20w-50 is because that is what is recommended in his car manual...hahahaha

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Yup, Even oil manufacturer do not claim the long mileage and usually ask to follow car manufacturer OCI

---------- Post added at 09:51 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:48 AM ----------

Yup, good explanation. That is why the oil gets dirty and you need to change them when due...

Br. SC mention 20w-50 is because that is what is recommended in his car manual...hahahaha
Yeah, Bro VR listened. :laugh:

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Even BMW lifetime ATF oil is not "lifetime".. what makes these people think JTX engine oil can last so long eludes me. Must be some strong stuff they are smoking.

Not sure to say the buyers are stupid or gullible.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi guys,

i have a one speed all the way wiper problem.

I've even bought and swapped out the whole wiper/signal control. problem still persists.

I read up more and it says could be a relay problem, could someone point out to me with a pic of the relay location?

i PM'ed a seller at shopee, mentioned that normally it is at linkage, I don't think so from my googling. So i went to look at the wiper motor side but couldn't find it.

I looked at the fuse box and i am confused.

So where exactly...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience