branded oil is a quality oil?

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
QUALITY means it can protect your engine just like mobil 1. i consider Mobil 1 as a quality standard.

How do you define quality?

---------- Post added at 11:14 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:13 AM ----------

Cleaning detergent is not good for engine for long term use. Is that true?
All engine oil protects your engine, just the matter of how fast it loses it properties.
Yes, cleaning detergent not good for long term use. But then VR2 turbo using diesel oil.
Diesel oil manyak clean.

Corson

Apr 1, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
www.facebook.com
remembered it because its in the catalog in my wife misadventure into the world of MLM....

Previously, the company is popular with water filter and those slimmming and figure-shaping girdles and bras

For me, stick to the traditional brands.... they have the manufacturing capabilities with proven track records...
- people who believe in MLM product
- people who don't believe in MLm product
- People who just believe Malaysia product\
- People who just believe US product
- People who just believe Japanese product

All is your choice. Each one tell their oil is the best. That's why I want more professional people to talk about oil here. And not those who just anti for meaningless

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
All engine oil protects your engine, just the matter of how fast it loses it properties.
Yes, cleaning detergent not good for long term use. But then VR2 turbo using diesel oil.
Diesel oil manyak clean.
Initially was suppose to use as a flush, meaning run for like 500km to 1k km then drain, but my engine run so quiet with it I kept until 5k km....hahaha:biggrin:

Corson

Apr 1, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
www.facebook.com
That is true if its a race car. You know how often race cars rebuild their engines? After every race if the regulations allowed it.

How often you rebuild the engine in your car?

With the exception of Proton, you should always follow the manufacturer's recommended engine oil as outlined in the owner's manual. Most service centers will give you the engine oil they make the most profit margin on.

I agree with this. especially big workshop, oil company sponsor them many things include the sign board. They should only promote their oil is the best. I even came across a branded car accessories
shop in Jusco, they put many brand oil in their shop, at least 12 brand. Their sales person will only promote the most profitable oil, what the rest of 11 brand. They company is purposely put all the brand oil there, it keep it and don't want to sell. So they customer will see those oil bottle is dirty with full of dust. They just want to create a picture to the customer, their high profitable oil is the most sellerble oil.
It doesn't mean other brand oil is not good. This is strategy how business man play dirty trick.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
QUALITY means it can protect your engine just like mobil 1. i consider Mobil 1 as a quality standard.

How do you define quality?

---------- Post added at 11:14 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:13 AM ----------

Cleaning detergent is not good for engine for long term use. Is that true?
If the oil doesn't clean you will have problems too.....

Define quality like you mention Mobil 1. My VR engine is like 10 years old after transplant, and usually I don't stick to one oil. I have been like trying many brands, from Toyota, Castrol, Bardahl, Esso (those days), Mobil, Pennzoil, Blue.Sky, Duckhams, BHP, Tesco, Zeetex, Q8, Delphi, etc. and in fact they are all in the cheaper range as I never pay more then RM150 for FS and in fact most of them are in the RM90 region....:driver:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
- people who believe in MLM product
- people who don't believe in MLm product
- People who just believe Malaysia product\
- People who just believe US product
- People who just believe Japanese product

All is your choice. Each one tell their oil is the best. That's why I want more professional people to talk about oil here. And not those who just anti for meaningless
Actually it doesn't matter how they are sold or from where. As long it has quality and it doesn't harm the engine, it can be use. As long it benefits consumers. To me where it comes from or how it is sold. Is not really an issue.

You have to test yourself and see which EO that suits you best and also not much of negative feedback.

If want to be safe, just get from Tesco. At least no fake EOs or low graded ones or reused ones.
Even Petrol station is safe. Quality Control is there.

Corson

Apr 1, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
www.facebook.com
If the oil doesn't clean you will have problems too.....

Define quality like you mention Mobil 1. My VR engine is like 10 years old after transplant, and usually I don't stick to one oil. I have been like trying many brands, from Toyota, Castrol, Bardahl, Esso (those days), Mobil, Pennzoil, Blue.Sky, Duckhams, BHP, Tesco, Zeetex, Q8, Delphi, etc. and in fact they are all in the cheaper range as I never pay more then RM150 for FS and in fact most of them are in the RM90 region....:driver:
Since you using so many. I don't believe non of those will touch your heard. You just like a playboy...hahahaha..Anywhere is a good experience. Can give your own opinion or review?

---------- Post added at 08:14 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:11 PM ----------

Actually it doesn't matter how they are sold or from where. As long it has quality and it doesn't harm the engine, it can be use. As long it benefits consumers. To me where it comes from or how it is sold. Is not really an issue.

You have to test yourself and see which EO that suits you best and also not much of negative feedback.

If want to be safe, just get from Tesco. At least no fake EOs or low graded ones or reused ones.
Even Petrol station is safe. Quality Control is there.
I not agree on that. 5 years ago I working for a company supply products to tesco. The time they want to do promotion, my boss will make lower grade product for limited promotion only. Which make sure it still make some profit. The most important is, when something can sell in tesco your product will be famous very fast.

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Since you using so many. I don't believe non of those will touch your heard. You just like a playboy...hahahaha..Anywhere is a good experience. Can give your own opinion or review?

---------- Post added at 08:14 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:11 PM ----------

I not agree on that. 5 years ago I working for a company supply products to tesco. The time they want to do promotion, my boss will make lower grade product for limited promotion only. Which make sure it still make some profit. The most important is, when something can sell in tesco your product will be famous very fast.
I know for sure promotional items are mostly clearance or just some nearly expired stuffs.

Waiora_ProTuner

500 RPM
Nov 29, 2006
I use mobil 1...because its use (OEM) by the most powderfull car, Nissan GTR... :hmmmm:

actually because they are honest..
they say you can mix oil with different viscosity....
or change to or from mineral/semi-synthetics/fully synthetics between oil change, no problem...
and they also have high viscosity oil which is good for certain reason...lower is not always the best...

so honest...

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
I use mobil 1...because its use (OEM) by the most powderfull car, Nissan GTR... :hmmmm:

or change to or from mineral/semi-synthetics/fully synthetics between oil change, no problem...
and they also have high viscosity oil which is good for certain reason...lower is not always the best...

so honest...
How powderful?

jerrysiow

Known Member
Jan 3, 2012
Seremban
How powderful?
isshh... Thank you Dr.Ixeo teach me english with proper illustration and now i know the "ingalichi".

Btw, just stick back the old brands such as mobil 1, shell helix, petronas syntium, caltex havoline and so on.

And there is very hard to tell or define what is "quality", it's subjective to individual. I would say shell helix is a good oil but there is someone saying it's soso only.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
isshh... Thank you Dr.Ixeo teach me english with proper illustration and now i know the "ingalichi".

Btw, just stick back the old brands such as mobil 1, shell helix, petronas syntium, caltex havoline and so on.

And there is very hard to tell or define what is "quality", it's subjective to individual. I would say shell helix is a good oil but there is someone saying it's soso only.
Chemlube I used also okay, since you can actually buy directly from them and they will deliver.
Tesco ones should be safe too. Spareparts shops, u never know.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
I poor man, so use cheapest possible. As for review to me almost the same.
If want to really find out must send used oil for test....:driver:

---------- Post added at 09:12 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:10 AM ----------

so honest...
I mix my oil too. All balance oil just use for top up, be it be FS or SS oil.....
Engine also run for 10 years liao, and always being boosted.....:driver:

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
To keep it really simple, if you find it on American Petroleum Institute and the API rating meets or exceeds the API rating required by your owner's manual, you're fine. If it is below or it doesn't show up in American Petroleum Institute you can kiss your warranty goodbye.

Motul, Mobil 1, Castrol, Petronas (yes Petronas), Shell, Total, Eneos are all safe choices, just make sure you check the rating meets what your owner's manual require. Modern cars are now going lighter in viscosity. 0w30 seems to be the rage for modern engines, and some even going to 0w20.

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
To keep it really simple, if you find it on American Petroleum Institute and the API rating meets or exceeds the API rating required by your owner's manual, you're fine. If it is below or it doesn't show up in American Petroleum Institute you can kiss your warranty goodbye.

Motul, Mobil 1, Castrol, Petronas (yes Petronas), Shell, Total, Eneos are all safe choices, just make sure you check the rating meets what your owner's manual require. Modern cars are now going lighter in viscosity. 0w30 seems to be the rage for modern engines, and some even going to 0w20.
Not Proton. HAHAHAHAHAHA 20W50 fark my life.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

helo members,

my gf Sony Ericsson juz kena 'rampas' by a motor in front of Setapak Ria Condo..Setapak here juz now..

HP is Sony Erisccon W550i the latest walkman handphone....the casing is white color and it is original set...

juz 4 days old so it look 100% new

IMEI number is 35744200-425312-9

Let me know if anyone found this...thanks

Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience