Not open for further replies.
Chassis and Wheels

BRAND NEW ABSORBER/DAMPER FOR SALE

opet

Known Member
Feb 26, 2005
alvin4946 said:
Hi bro,

I'm driving a Wira 1.6. Was thinking to change to SGTi suspension system as I noticed my current one is not in proper condition.

I read through the entire thread of yours. So, I'd like to get your advice on this:

First, just treat me as a dummy who knows nothing in your suspension.

Secondly, I'm a ICE-man that concern nothing of my car except my ICE. But, of course, I'd be glad to have a nicer or sporty look of my car without sacrificing my comfortness in driving.

With my current original suspension condition, I feel like killing myself when drive through bumps and holes. After experienced sitting in a SGTi, I guess my acceptable for its suspension system is there. That makes my mind of getting one for my car.

For sure, I don't feel like getting any sport springs or such. I just need a shock which provides me comfort while adding some "lowered" outlook to my car. In addition, I will put back my 16" rims soon.

Thus, glad to hear from you. By the way, your messages in this thread influenced me to get the Kayaba RS. How's that?

Thanks.
sorry for late reply, bro...

your suspension and gti got a little bit different.. gti got front anti roll bar, meanwhile yours dont have.. but, it's still possible for u to make it similar with gti. u need fullset gti suspension (plus the upper mounting, front anti roll bar and spring). it's kind of difficult to get this full setup... and also costly.

if u wanna low ride look and dont wanna sacrifice the comfortness by using the sport spring, kayaba rs plus your OEM spring will low down your ride about 1.5 inch.... but the problem is, u using 16 inch rims which will make the tyres scrap with the absorber collar spring (as kyb rs collar spring is lower in position compared to OEM absorber)...

here is my suggestion... to get a low ride look and comfortness as factory standard car, u can try to get the front OEM spring of Wira aeroback special edition...(because wira aeroback SE using 1.6 spring and its height is quite similar with gti...)
the important parts is the front spring as u can use back your old spring for rear..
the chances to get this wira SE spring is much more higher compared to get full setup of gti suspension....

then, u can match the wira SE spring with monroe reflex/sensatrac for front setup and using kayaba rs for rear setup (to prevent rear bottom look a.k.a sampan lookalike)

the result, u can get the handling,comfortness and stability just like gti (not 100% as gti using front anti roll bar)... just a little differences.... u can increase the rigidness and stability of the chassis by using strut bar in your engine bay...

some more, the cost to for this setup is quite low compared to get the adjustable (kind of hard) or gti full setup...

happy modding bro...

opet

Known Member
Feb 26, 2005
trojan said:
how long is the warranty bro?
bro, all the products comes with 20,000km or 1 year limited product warranty..

limited product warranty means that, the failure of the product during the period was because of the factory defects and material defects...
it does not cover the defects because of wrong installation, extreme usage condition (going for rallying, etc), going into deep pot-hole...etc...

This warranty only cover for normal usage condition and application..

opet

Known Member
Feb 26, 2005
senoi said:
got kayaba 4 lantis? price?
nope bro, at the moment, kyb rs only available for proton and perodua model..
sorry

alvin4946

Oct 16, 2004
opet said:
sorry for late reply, bro...

your suspension and gti got a little bit different.. gti got front anti roll bar, meanwhile yours dont have.. but, it's still possible for u to make it similar with gti. u need fullset gti suspension (plus the upper mounting, front anti roll bar and spring). it's kind of difficult to get this full setup... and also costly.

if u wanna low ride look and dont wanna sacrifice the comfortness by using the sport spring, kayaba rs plus your OEM spring will low down your ride about 1.5 inch.... but the problem is, u using 16 inch rims which will make the tyres scrap with the absorber collar spring (as kyb rs collar spring is lower in position compared to OEM absorber)...

here is my suggestion... to get a low ride look and comfortness as factory standard car, u can try to get the front OEM spring of Wira aeroback special edition...(because wira aeroback SE using 1.6 spring and its height is quite similar with gti...)
the important parts is the front spring as u can use back your old spring for rear..
the chances to get this wira SE spring is much more higher compared to get full setup of gti suspension....

then, u can match the wira SE spring with monroe reflex/sensatrac for front setup and using kayaba rs for rear setup (to prevent rear bottom look a.k.a sampan lookalike)

the result, u can get the handling,comfortness and stability just like gti (not 100% as gti using front anti roll bar)... just a little differences.... u can increase the rigidness and stability of the chassis by using strut bar in your engine bay...

some more, the cost to for this setup is quite low compared to get the adjustable (kind of hard) or gti full setup...

happy modding bro...
Hey bro, thanks for the advice. But I'm driving a Wira 1.6XLi Millenium Edition and not the Wira SE.

Ya, I heard people saying that the Kayaba RS will not suitable for me if I would to put back my 16" rims. Currently, still thinking of Kayaba RS with Original Spring of SGTI for all front and rear - I have an extra set of SGTI spring. How about this? Can I make this happen?

opet

Known Member
Feb 26, 2005
update to all...

opet

Known Member
Feb 26, 2005
Update for the day

opet

Known Member
Feb 26, 2005
update...

nuggyn

Known Member
Feb 12, 2004
opet,

please give me the best price for the absorbers that will be fited on a Putra.

i'm looking more into a comfy ride rather than on handling. I'm using Eibach springs.

thanks

opet

Known Member
Feb 26, 2005
nuggyn said:
opet,

please give me the best price for the absorbers that will be fited on a Putra.

i'm looking more into a comfy ride rather than on handling. I'm using Eibach springs.

thanks
bro,
if u more on comfy ride rather than performance.. i strongly suggest u use monroe reflex/sensatrac as this absorber using both hydraulic oil and gas.. it offers two type of character to cope with ur driving style. hydraulic oil function when u in normal driving/town driving/highway driving... and then the gas will function once u tackling the windling road and corners. some more, monroe durability and strength is well recognized.
do contact me if u interested on it. it comes with a year warranty/20,000km limited warranty (whicever comes first)

opet

Known Member
Feb 26, 2005
Update...

p/s: i will not online from 3/11/05 until 10/11/05 (raya holiday)

Cheers to all

nuggyn

Known Member
Feb 12, 2004
opet said:
bro,
if u more on comfy ride rather than performance.. i strongly suggest u use monroe reflex/sensatrac as this absorber using both hydraulic oil and gas.. it offers two type of character to cope with ur driving style. hydraulic oil function when u in normal driving/town driving/highway driving... and then the gas will function once u tackling the windling road and corners. some more, monroe durability and strength is well recognized.
do contact me if u interested on it. it comes with a year warranty/20,000km limited warranty (whicever comes first)

opet,

i am worry about the combination of Monroe with Eibach springs....you see, the springs i'm using is lowered and if i use it on the Monroes, this means that the shock absorbers will be always sitting on the "HANDLING" area. So does this means that there won't be any comfort anymore?

anyway, please quote me the best price for the monroes.

one more thing, what's the biggest difference between sensatrac and reflex?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

im trying to increase my waja performance. So far, i have change my extractor, air filter and exhaust system. im thinking of installing SAFC and also ITC for my waja.
wat do you guys think, is it worth while doing it or not? :D
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience