Braking issue

sweelt

2,000 RPM
Nov 6, 2016
Penang
agree with uncleVR.
I not sure about trumpet sound, my wild guess. Might be caliper release too slow.

sweelt

2,000 RPM
Nov 6, 2016
Penang
Ahh and handbrake too. When release it make noise too but not trumpet-ing when move the car.
Happened to my old car.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
But it's always made that noise, even when the garage fitted new discs and brakes

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Oh! New disc and pads fitted. Then need to take out and check, maybe service the pins and sand the pads before fitting back....:smokin:

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
After reading more abt the problem description i am starting to think its the rotor cover that is causing the problem. Happen before to me on a Neo CPS.
the rotor cover dislodged and scrape the brake disc.check on the inner side of the disc,most probably there is already uneven wear on the inside. When i encounter the problem it will happen during and after braking and while turning full lock.
the rotor cover needs some muscle to put back into place.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
After reading more abt the problem description i am starting to think its the rotor cover that is causing the problem. Happen before to me on a Neo CPS.
the rotor cover dislodged and scrape the brake disc.check on the inner side of the disc,most probably there is already uneven wear on the inside. When i encounter the problem it will happen during and after braking and while turning full lock.
Wah! means that cover pretty thick. Mine just a thin piece of metal sheet easily can bend......lol

lukel95

Known Member
Dec 6, 2016
GB birmigham
By cover do you mean the heat/splash shield behind the rotor, I have checked that before and wasn't touching it but I'll have another look, can you take them off or are they nessecary to keep on?

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
By cover do you mean the heat/splash shield behind the rotor, I have checked that before and wasn't touching it but I'll have another look, can you take them off or are they nessecary to keep on?

Is there for a reason.....lol:driver:

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka

remove the tire when u want to check.
check properly on the inner side of the disc and the rotor cover which faces the inner side of the disc.
yours could be at early stage so no holes yet on the rotor cover.

another issue could come from cheap aftermarket pad which is not flat.
either the outer circle or the inner circle of the disc will come into contact with the pad when you step on the brake. this is worse as you wont have full brake power when u needs it.

a jammed brake piston can causes such problem too but most of the time you will have overheated brake.