Jan 9, 2004
selangor
Dear all experience altezza owners,

just want to ask newbie question regarding the below brakes from Supra
(click image to enlarge)
supra1.jpg
supra2.jpg

1. is it 4-pot front ?
2. IF IT IS-4 pot front, can it clear stock 17" rim of altezza ?
3. need to mod mounting bracket ? or straight plug & play ?

thanks in advance.

cmng

3,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
Visit site
not a altezza owner
but i feel you are better off with Celica ST205 4 pot and 2 pot brake

since ST205 is PCD 100 x 5 compared with Supra which still 114.x5

ST205 and Supra sharing the same brake pad front and rear.

G221

Over 10,000 RPM!
Jan 15, 2004
KL
Dear all experience altezza owners,

just want to ask newbie question regarding the below brakes from Supra
(click image to enlarge)
View attachment 292937
View attachment 292938

1. is it 4-pot front ?
2. IF IT IS-4 pot front, can it clear stock 17" rim of altezza ?
3. need to mod mounting bracket ? or straight plug & play ?

thanks in advance.
wfhan...
1. yes 4 pot..
2. dun think can clear stock 17" rims
3. yes, need to mod..

stepwyew

Known Member
Feb 10, 2006
For the front rim, the offset must be less then 35 mm for the caliper clearance I remember if I m not mistaken that our stock rim offset is 50mm, for the rear is not a problem. Yes , u need to modd a bit at the caliper

Cheers

Greytezza

1,000 RPM
Feb 6, 2007
Truly Asia
wfhan...
1. yes 4 pot..
2. dun think can clear stock 17" rims
3. yes, need to mod..
Mike..G221 did his conversion recently to supra brakes..pm and ask him where he did it.

G221

Over 10,000 RPM!
Jan 15, 2004
KL
it's ok Greytezza, i'll explain here.

changed my front brakes recently to TRD 4 pot with TRD brake hoses.(similar dimension to Supra's 4 pot calipers, only that the discs are ventilated).

the only thing is the calipers need to be modified to fit into our Altezzas (bracket, bla bla...) the cost is around RM500-600++. U can ask Trial to quote.

U can ask Bl@cK-TeZZ@ as well. Mine is exactly the same as his. :driver:

1 more thing. It's really hard to find 17" rims that can fit into these 4pot brakes. U might have to change to 18".

Last edited:

SpeedCut

Sep 1, 2007
one of our taikor steven is using SSR Type C 17" x 8" with 5mm spacer at front.... NO PROBLEM

green

Known Member
Apr 12, 2005
kl
For the front rim, the offset must be less then 35 mm for the caliper clearance I remember if I m not mistaken that our stock rim offset is 50mm, for the rear is not a problem. Yes , u need to modd a bit at the caliper

Cheers
Yes bro steven is correct.

Our altezza/aristo/chaser/supra all share the same front n rear wheel housing, so the supra front n back calipers should fit nicely. probably a little mod is needed thats all.

Front.

Supra 4 pot can fit into the stock/oem 17" rims. but stock rims offset is +50, so u will need at least a 15mm spacer to clear the supra caliper.
Supra disc rotor is 323mm size, this will clear all 17" rims.
Probably need to mod the bracket a bit. Mine is minimally modded at vision bangsar. bought the front set brand new for rm3000 few years back.

rm3000
new 4 pot calipers
new disc rotors 323 mm <---easy to buy new from winghin/vision
free toms brake pads.<-- easy to buy normal toyota brake pads anywhere
brake lines i reuse my own

i think now more expensive lo.

Rear.

rear supra will clear our stock rims with no problems at all. Disc size n 2 pot calipers will not be a problem. no need spacer. bracket need to mod? this i dunno

only problem is finding the new disc rotors for the supra rear calipers. These are different from our stock altezza rear rotors. They are ventilated. can find? hahahahah.

cheers n good luck

wfhan

4,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2004
selangor
Cheers
i'm using 17" (offset +40), BUT not stock rim, the reason i mentioned stock rim is for my reference and newbie thoughts that if those calipers can clear stock 17" then it will potentially clear my aftermarket 17".

Mike..G221 did his conversion recently to supra brakes..pm and ask him where he did it.
Grey, thanks.

it's ok Greytezza, i'll explain here.

changed my front brakes recently to TRD 4 pot with TRD brake hoses.(similar dimension to Supra's 4 pot calipers, only that the discs are ventilated).

the only thing is the calipers need to be modified to fit into our Altezzas (bracket, bla bla...) the cost is around RM500-600++. U can ask Trial to quote.
U can ask Bl@cK-TeZZ@ as well. Mine is exactly the same as his. :driver:
1 more thing. It's really hard to find 17" rims that can fit into these 4pot brakes. U might have to change to 18".
G221,
thanks for the tips, i'm now thinking the ways to 'avoid' changing to 18".
spacer..spacer..spacer...

Yes bro steven is correct.

Our altezza/aristo/chaser/supra all share the same front n rear wheel housing, so the supra front n back calipers should fit nicely. probably a little mod is needed thats all.

Front.

Supra 4 pot can fit into the stock/oem 17" rims. but stock rims offset is +50, so u will need at least a 15mm spacer to clear the supra caliper.
Supra disc rotor is 323mm size, this will clear all 17" rims.
Probably need to mod the bracket a bit. Mine is minimally modded at vision bangsar. bought the front set brand new for rm3000 few years back.

rm3000
new 4 pot calipers
new disc rotors 323 mm <---easy to buy new from winghin/vision
free toms brake pads.<-- easy to buy normal toyota brake pads anywhere
brake lines i reuse my own

i think now more expensive lo.

Rear.

rear supra will clear our stock rims with no problems at all. Disc size n 2 pot calipers will not be a problem. no need spacer. bracket need to mod? this i dunno

only problem is finding the new disc rotors for the supra rear calipers. These are different from our stock altezza rear rotors. They are ventilated. can find? hahahahah.

cheers n good luck
ah hhaha..3k, now no longer can get that price d..

lowk

Oct 28, 2004
You should seriously consider merely upgrading your brake pads instead of an entire big brake upgrade. I find this to have sufficient stopping power - i'm on TRDs

Mk3SuPrA

Dec 18, 2006
bro where to find supra brakes??still in good cond how much would it be?

Bl@cK-TeZZ@

500 RPM
Apr 15, 2006
You should seriously consider merely upgrading your brake pads instead of an entire big brake upgrade. I find this to have sufficient stopping power - i'm on TRDs
Entire big brake kit upgrade will definitely consist of brake pads uprgrade & disc too...Having more stopping power is alwiz better than having sufficient stopping power. It gives u more confidence:driver: in stopping the car.

---------- Post added at 04:17 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 04:13 PM ----------

bro where to find supra brakes??still in good cond how much would it be?
Chop shop...Price will be around 2K+- with pads & disc without the brake lines. I had a 2nd set b4, sold it off already.

green

Known Member
Apr 12, 2005
kl
For a stock oem altezza, the black TRD brake pads are MORE than sufficient.

I used to have them and they really give u a very good bite. The only downside is the TRD brake pads generates lots of brake dust.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Heres the answer to all your minor dents, bumps, bruises and scratches... say good-bye to them as Dr. Dent The Automotive Perfectionist is here to restore your rides away from dents and bruises.

Call Williard Yong at 012 238 1010 for a free consultation
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience